I have a older camper that does not have the flat service.  I have tried Simple Green, bleach with dawn dishwashing detergent. Nothing seems to work.  Is there anything that gets that road grime off?  Maybe something easy?

Do you have anything you recommend?

Have you tried Awesome from the Dollar Store and a Mr. Clean eraser sponge? Are you sure you don't have oxidation too? If so, that will probably require a different cleaner, lots of elbow grease and then a good sealer with UV inhibitor.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the older campers we sold were this way and the guy in the wash bay used SD-20 and hand cleaned them. They looked good when he was done with them.

SD-20 is the best cleaner I have found it will clean just about anything.

Do you know were they sell that?

I have tried about everything and someone told me about this stuff. Meguiar's cleaner Wax. I laughed as i have a bottle in the garage. I could not beleive it with little rubbing the black streaks came right off. Wash it first though. This stuff takes the black streaks right off and its not protected.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarWashingCleaning/CarPaintCare/PRDOVR~0392710P/Meguiars%252BCleaner%252BWax.jsp?locale=en

My husband swears by Meguiars.  You can get it at Wal-Mart.

Last year they were in the middle of changing there bottles so the older style was on for $3. I bought about 30 bottle of there products. There cleaner wax. Quick detailer. Leather cleaner. superme shine. Makes my truck all shinny and clean. Sometimes walmart is great when you can get these deals.

• 2 years later...

Have you tried Awesome from the Dollar Store and a Mr. Clean eraser sponge? Are you sure you don't have oxidation too? If so, that will probably require a different cleaner, lots of elbow grease and then a good sealer with UV inhibitor.

I will second Awesome! I have used it many times. If you have stubborn stains spray it undiluted on the dry area and let sit for a minute then I usually have a bucket and brush with some diluted and I scrub the area and it usually doesn't take much effort for the black streaks or what ever to just wash right off! It is the best black streak remover I have ever seen. A LOT LESS ELBOW GREASE! 

• 3 weeks later...

Last weekend, we magic erasered the tt, with strong cleaner. Friday, I used Mequirs oxidation remover on a 5 yr old Outback.  Then used the polish and then waxed it. The cap had no shine, do to oxidation.  We applied the oxidation remover 3-4 times per area.  Impressed with the results.  We used a orbital buffer, which helped lots with the work.  Now to do the sides and back on Sat, hopefully we will not have to apply oxidation remover as many times on the sides.  

If you camp in the 3000 loop, Disney offers a special service.  For any RV's over 1 year old that aren't shiny, they will drag your camper to the dump and give you a ride to LazyDays so you can buy a new one.  They don't like dirty RV's in 3000. 

That dang Fortwildernessguy's rules. Just cause he's friends with Bobby he gets all high and mighty. 

If you are looking for something easy I got bad news.  There is no such thing.  Spend some time at an RV supplier or Camping World.  I have used their black streek remover and it works as advertised.  Any good soap should work but you should invest in a long handled brush that is ment to be used on vehicle finishes.  That is the easiest way to clean the nooks and cranies.  Many people swear by Dawn dish soap and BarKeepers Freind to remove rust stains and other stains.  You really have to rinse a lot with the dawn.  I tried to polish my MH once and thought my arms would fall off.  Then I heard about people who use a floor polish on their RV's.  Its called Zepp High Traffic floor polish.  You get it at Lowes for $16.  You pour it in a spray bottle and after you wash your RV you spray it on an area and wipe it in so it has an even coat.  If your gelcoat is oxidized you may have to do 2-3 coats.  You wipe it on with a microfiber cloth.  I did two coats and my MH looks like new.  I don't know how it did it but it either took off or hid the oxidation.  It also works on units with a full paint finish.  If your unit has corrogated aluminum siding I am not sure if this technique would be particularly effective.

I tried a lot of stuff before I tried Awesome from the dollar store and obviously wasted lots of money.  I even cleaned the enclosed trailer that our church uses that everyone had taken turns trying to clean the heavy black streaks off of with all kinds of cleaners and polishes and they all kept saying you will not get it off. It took one cleaning the grime came right off with no effort. For any second guessers try it it's only a dollar. You will be surprised. I use it all around the house. 

The Totally Awesome from the dollar store is the greatest thing I have found also, no hard scrubbing. Make sure you wax after using it though because it takes the wax off too.

• 1 month later...

Buy a buffing compound and an electric buffer. Wash with whatever wash you want (awesome works ok).  Apply buffing compound with a microfiber sponge.  Finish with maquires spray on wax.  It took us all weekend but we were able to get some impressive results (2 yrs worth of backed on black streaks removed!)

Before:
 64ld9w.jpg

deo1uh.jpg

After:

sxd3wk.jpg
 2vuzs5x.jpg

2lzz48.jpg

If anyone is interested, my neighbor who helped me with this is a mobile auto detailer and will travel to wash/wax your RV in NC (Chapel hill to burlington areas).  Message me if interested.

If you are looking for something easy I got bad news.  There is no such thing.  Spend some time at an RV supplier or Camping World.  I have used their black streek remover and it works as advertised.  Any good soap should work but you should invest in a long handled brush that is ment to be used on vehicle finishes.  That is the easiest way to clean the nooks and cranies.  Many people swear by Dawn dish soap and BarKeepers Freind to remove rust stains and other stains.  You really have to rinse a lot with the dawn.  I tried to polish my MH once and thought my arms would fall off.  Then I heard about people who use a floor polish on their RV's.  Its called Zepp High Traffic floor polish.  You get it at Lowes for $16.  You pour it in a spray bottle and after you wash your RV you spray it on an area and wipe it in so it has an even coat.  If your gelcoat is oxidized you may have to do 2-3 coats.  You wipe it on with a microfiber cloth.  I did two coats and my MH looks like new.  I don't know how it did it but it either took off or hid the oxidation.  It also works on units with a full paint finish.  If your unit has corrogated aluminum siding I am not sure if this technique would be particularly effective.

Is it OK to use on decals, or do you have to keep it off the decals?