SELF SERVE BEVERAGE DISPENSER COMING TO POOL SNACK BAR - Officially open. :)

You've got the top end right, and I know it's hard to believe, but it goes lower than a Lou.

This is where it gets tricky. A QS location falls under the F&B dept., which happens to be the dept. I work in. But it's located at a recreational location which is a different department. So you have F&B, Recreation, and the Fort which is Resorts, and all three have to agree to do it. Forget it, it will never happen in our life time.

Doesn't F&B handle HDDR, TE, BYBBQ and the snack bar at the pool? The info I got came from a F&B management person. This is all something we have all been pushing for, survey's, letters, "E" mails etc to management. We finally hear that something positive may be coming and we have a bunch of "naysayers". At least they didn't say it was a part of the "NEW DVC".

It's just like the new signage and pavement markings. I was told in Jan that it was coming, guess what, they're putting up the new signs and have added the pavement markings. All of which conform to FLDOT regs.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drink station will be open 11am-9pm Also don't give up on the Smothered Hot Dog. "Ask and you may receive". :D

New menu

The rumor is and from a very, very good source that in Feb 2015 a beverage station will be installed at the pool snack bar and it will be open from approximately 10 to 10. A quick serve food court may

Now, I could see them adding something smaller- like the little quick serve they have at Wilderness Lodge.  That would all fit in the existing space of Trail's End.  But, I don't see them spending money to add on to the building.  They don't spend that kind of money at the Fort.

TCD

I don't think they would need a large seating area since many of us would get the food and take it back to the campsite, especially those who have or rent GC's.

I don't think they would need a large seating area since many of us would get the food and take it back to the campsite, especially those who have or rent GC's.

That's a good point.

It would be nice to think that someone would spend money and create something unique for the campground.

But,  based on past performance, I don't have a lot of hope of that happening.

TCD

The rumor is and from a very, very good source that in Feb 2015 a beverage station will be installed at the pool snack bar and it will be open from approximately 10 to 10. A quick serve food court may also be in the works, but a little later down the road.

Great news looking foward to both. The drink machine will be very nice. Wish it would stay open later then 10 but 10 is better then 9.

It's about time they listened to the freeloaders at the pool.

They've been complaining about not having a self serve beverage dispenser and QS location for years.

It will lighten the load they have to haul in. They will be able to tap free ice, napkins, salt, ketchup, mustard....

OK a couple of questions & comments.

I think I remember a plan showing new paths and gc parking at the Settlement. Is that right?

Or was that all part of the DVC plans?  Or the new BBQ building, etc?

I can see putting an addition on to the end of the trading post, with a nice large porch/patio overlooking the marina area.  They could build it to more or less mirror the Trails End/Crocket's building across the way.  If they're still considering moving the BBQ, then putting a QS there might make sense.  It would be between the other food places, and convenient to the boats.

In any event, having a beverage station at the pool is a good start. 

(I just need to find some time & money to get there....probably won't be until after the QS is built, at the rate we're going......  :(  )

Maybe they could even put in a golf cart drive thru window, but like most drive thru"s they would probably screw the order up :rofl2:  :rofl2: :rofl2:  

The beverage dispenser I could care less about. Won't ever get a refillable mug at the Fort. Why should I take a cart all the way over to the pool, Meadows, or Settlement for a Coke product, when I can get a Diet Dew right from my own fridge or cooler right there at my site.

Now the Food Court, can't wait to see that. Sometimes we do want a quick meal, and don't want to take the time to boat to the Lodge or Contemporary. We have gone to the Meadows on occasion, but the limited menu there gets old fast.

I am with Carol on the beverage dispenser.  I would not walk to the edge of my site for a fountain drink.  Now beer on tap (like in the 3000 loop) would be great. I drink diet drinks and for some reason they can't get the formula right.

I would be happy with expanded hours and menus at Trails End.  The pizza there is dead to me and unlike TCD  I have a limit to the number of GAGs I want on a given trip.  

I would love to be able to pick up to go 3 or 4 single serve items off the breakfast or dinner buffets. 

What about building the QS in the grassy area between the pool/swingset and the canal.  That area where they occasionaly play games by the back path to the meadow? It sits empty the majority of the time.

I think that would be pretty awful.  Where would they have all the CM's needed to operate at quick serve restaurant park?  How would they receive deliveries?  What about the dumpsters? Good thing it would cost a fortune to build.  No way would they invest that kind of money at the Fort.

TCD

I think that would be pretty awful.  Where would they have all the CM's needed to operate at quick serve restaurant park?  How would they receive deliveries?  What about the dumpsters? Good thing it would cost a fortune to build.  No way would they invest that kind of money at the Fort.

TCD

Most people don't seem to think it would be a good idea either, so that's why they will probably build it.

I'm sure if the bean counters say that they can turn a profit, it'll be do able somewhere and somehow.

I'm in the camp with those that don't see the point of refillable mugs at the Fort when I have my own fully-stocked fridge.

I can see the value in a self-serve drink dispenser by the pool just in the sense of grabbing a regular drink while you're there. 

I get a refillable mug every trip and keep it filled with Minute Maid Light Pomegranate Lemonade.  I can't buy that and keep it in the fridge.  At least not around here.

David gets a mug too and gets caffeinated coffee in the mornings and tea at dinnertime.  I only brew decaf coffee, and he won't drink it.

I'm in the camp with those that don't see the point of refillable mugs at the Fort when I have my own fully-stocked fridge.

Some people eat at the other resorts and the mugs are good anywhere there is a station. ex: WL. Also if you spend a numerous hours at the pool it would sure beat dragging a cooler, etc up there.

Some people eat at the other resorts and the mugs are good anywhere there is a station. ex: WL. Also if you spend a numerous hours at the pool it would sure beat dragging a cooler, etc up there.

That's what I was thinking. With that it would probably be worth it for my dad and son. Me... If I'm at the pool on vacation, I'll be drinking something more fun.