Hess Gas Station Near Boardwalk Closing for Maintenance

The Hess gas station and convenience store located near Disney's BoardWalk Resort will be temporarily closed for maintenance and updating of equipment, starting 7am Monday, October 13.

The project is anticipated to take 1-3 weeks to complete.

During this time, signage will be posted at the site directing people to the other on-property gas stations - Car Care Center near Magic Kingdom, and Hess in the Downtown Disney area.

The Hess gas station and convenience store located near Disney's BoardWalk Resort will be temporarily closed for maintenance and updating of equipment, starting 7am Monday, October 13.

The project is anticipated to take 1-3 weeks to complete.

During this time, signage will be posted at the site directing people to the other on-property gas stations - Car Care Center near Magic Kingdom, and Hess in the Downtown Disney area.

We love this gas station. We have an aux tank in the truck so we carry 60 gallons of fuel in total...That joint magicallys saved us $.30 a gallon vs off property on our last trip out!

Having driven by all three stations hundreds of times during the day, I can tell without a doubt that the three WDW Hess gas stations have the same price which is always 3 to 5 cents higher than the nearby off property Hess stations just off property.

All I know is that we "gas buddied" the prices before leaving the property last trip out and the near by stations on the app listed $3.98 and about....we paid $3.70 at Hess. The truck is diesel...don't know if that makes a difference....

All I know is that we "gas buddied" the prices before leaving the property last trip out and the near by stations on the app listed $3.98 and about....we paid $3.70 at Hess. The truck is diesel...don't know if that makes a difference....

It does seem to make a huge difference. We have a diesel and diesel prices vary far more that unleaded prices. 

Having driven by all three stations hundreds of times during the day, I can tell without a doubt that the three WDW Hess gas stations have the same price which is always 3 to 5 cents higher than the nearby off property Hess stations just off property.

Where are the "just off property" Hess stations? 

You certainly know more about the surrounding area than I do, but from what I've seen the on-property Hess stations seem to have the same or lower prices that the stations (Hess and others) located around the Downtown Disney area, or those on the way to the airport.

TCD

You certainly know more about the surrounding area than I do, but from what I've seen the on-property Hess stations seem to have the same or lower prices that the stations (Hess and others) located around the Downtown Disney area, or those on the way to the airport.

TCD

The Hess on 536 just before you get to the Greeneway is usually one of the cheaper stations.  DISCLAIMER:  Not always. :)

The Hess on 536 just before you get to the Greeneway is usually one of the cheaper stations.  DISCLAIMER:  Not always. :)

That is one that I know well. 

I made the mistake of pulling in there on the way back from the airport once- it was a left turn.  When I went to leave, I needed to go toward Disney World.  No dice.  The traffic was heavy, and there was no way I could get across all the lanes to make a U-turn.  No problem, I thought, I'll just head the other direction and turn around. Two toll booths later, I found a place to exit and turn back.  Two more tolls to get back.  I won't make that mistake again. After the extra tolls and extra miles, that tank of gas ended up being very expensive.

On that day, the price there was not lower than the on-property Hess stations-it was the same. To add insult to injury, the 7-Eleven right just a bit past it had a lower price.

TCD

TCD

The one on 535 near the Walmart is ALWAYS 3 to 5 cents cheaper because that's the one I compare the on property prices to every time I drive by, which is a lot.

This morning, 90 minutes ago, I actually got gas at my Hess for $3.09. Ten minutes before that, I drove by the Hess on World Dr. and it was $3.15. This is always the case for the last 6 years. I just checked Gas Buddy and it shows the same prices that I saw.

As you get further out, prices do get higher

The one on 535 near the Walmart is ALWAYS 3 to 5 cents cheaper because that's the one I compare the on property prices to every time I drive by, which is a lot.

This morning, 90 minutes ago, I actually got gas at my Hess for $3.09. Ten minutes before that, I drove by the Hess on World Dr. and it was $3.15. This is always the case for the last 6 years. I just checked Gas Buddy and it shows the same prices that I saw.

As you get further out, prices do get higher

Thanks- I didn't know about that Hess station near the Walmart.

There are a four or five Hess stations within a few miles of each other around where I live.  It's weird how they typically will all have gas prices which aren't the same, but are within a few cents of each other. There is not one of them which is consistently the cheapest.  They must do that on purpose.

TCD

I know it can be a hassle but for the Murphy gas stations at Walmarts if you load a Walmart gift card with money you get a discount at the pumps, I do this for diesel but in my case I have two 120 fuel tanks so it is worth it not as much for a smaller tank. I don't fill them all the time so I price shop when I can. Also the Murphy stations are not really RV friendly.

Also the Murphy stations are not really RV friendly.

FYI for whenever you need to fill up with Diesel fuel before leaving the WDW area. I know, as I've driven a MH through there many times, that the Murphy station at the Wal-Mart on 535 is RV friendly. And the prices are as low as you'll find close to WDW.

Right now the diesel there is $3.41. The Hess stations on property are $3.56, and the Hess just next door to that Murphy is $3.46

FYI for whenever you need to fill up with Diesel fuel before leaving the WDW area. I know, as I've driven a MH through there many times, that the Murphy station at the Wal-Mart on 535 is RV friendly.

Thanks Lou good info to store for future trips.

FYI for whenever you need to fill up with Diesel fuel before leaving the WDW area. I know, as I've driven a MH through there many times, that the Murphy station at the Wal-Mart on 535 is RV friendly. And the prices are as low as you'll find close to WDW.

Right now the diesel there is $3.41. The Hess stations on property are $3.56, and the Hess just next door to that Murphy is $3.46

This is good info...always love to save money....which is hard to do at WDW. As soon As I cross into the front gate it's like - budget? There's a budget?....why yes, honey, we do need a million disney pins...and that snazzy throw blanket...and OOOHHHH mickey wine glasses!!!! You get my drift....

This is good info...always love to save money....which is hard to do at WDW. As soon As I cross into the front gate it's like - budget? There's a budget?....why yes, honey, we do need a million disney pins...and that snazzy throw blanket...and OOOHHHH mickey wine glasses!!!! You get my drift....

Living within 12 minutes of WDW and going there for 16 years, even I've learned what the better deals are in the area.

• 2 weeks later...