Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Walt Disney World

February 16-21, 2016

On Sale - July 14, 2015

Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

Disneyland

May 5-8, 2016

On Sale - August 11, 2015

Rumor has it, that because of construction they aren't having it.

Questions,

DHS is a big place, why would construction in one section of the park preclude the run. It would seem that there is still plenty of park left to run through.

And if it's that massive a project where there is no place left to run, how are they able to have it the following year?

The current course (http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/tower-of-terror/2014/TOT14_Map.pdf) runs through almost every part of DHS, so if one section was closed for construction, it would create BIG problems having to change the course. You have to have every run Certified as to distance, etc., and insurance comes into play, .... Just too many headaches for a one year change.

I'm calling BS on the rumor and especially Ed's logic because I can, and if it turns out to be true, none of you knuckleheads will remember what I said a year from now.

The rumor may be just that; my logic is still a logical refutation of your illogical questioning; my memory is fine, speak for yourself on that point. Better a knucklehead than a schmuckface.

People that ran ToT this year have been getting eMails from runDisney confirming that there will be no ToT next year and suggesting alternative runDisney runs to enter. I've seen that on a couple of different running boards. It could still be BS, but ...

All kidding aside, as announced, the TOT run will not be held next year due to certain developments along the existing route, which we all know based on the closing of certain attractions, will be taking place soon. And that there are no further updates other than what's been announced for the TOT run's return. There are also no official announcements regarding the rumored Star Wars themed run.