John Oliver's Anti-Pumpkin Flavored Food Rant

Oh and I only want to see them in October.  When I see pumpkin beer on tap before Labor Day...

:gaah:

You couldn't get me to drink a pumpkin beer. While I'm not fond of the pie spices they add I can live with it. Where the problem comes in for me is the pumpkin itself making the beer taste musty.

And I hear you on the holiday skew. It's like they are following the professional sports lead and keep extending the season until they overlap for months at a time. :banghead:

It's like they are following the professional sports lead and keep extending the season until they overlap for months at a time. :banghead:

A lot of the stores around her have the Halloween stuff out next to the Christmas stuff and have for at least a couple of weeks.

:panic:

I have no clue who that guy is and I couldn't care less what he thinks about pumpkin.

Now if he was pontificating about apple pie, well then maybe I'd listen to him.

Pumpkin pie, made correctly, is my favorite pie.  As we can lure Lou with apple pie you could hook me with pumpkin pie or chocolate cream pie!

Haven't and don't want to taste all the other pumpkin flavored stuff.  But pumpkin pie with real whip cream and a cold glass of milk is a wonderful breakfast. 

I LOVE pumpkin pie.  And I find pumpkin bread and muffins to be pretty good.  But that's about it.  

My prediction.....2014 will end up being the high water mark year as far as all of this pumpkin flavored craziness.  It all picked up steam after 9/11, when people were looking for comfort and found it in old-fashioned, hunker down at home with a fire and some fall flavored goodness, pumpkiny treats.  The pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks was one of the first major products that capitalized on this, and it's grown every year since.  But this year it seems lots of people are tiring of it, and I bet sales will drop, leading to a retrenchment in the whole pumpkin flavored marketing thing.  At least that's my opinion.  And my hope.  

Starting in 2015, a new fall food trend will come to life in America.....the warm, ooey gooey.....well, you know.   

...pumpkin pie with real whip cream and a cold glass of milk is a wonderful breakfast. 

Ok I'll give you that one.  :)

Seems like the key to the whole thing is that whatever it is is made with ACTUAL PUMPKIN. That means pumpkin bread, pie, cheesecake... all can work as long as there's actual pumpkin in them.

It's all these weirdly "flavored" things, that contains who knows what really, that make most of this stuff taste like, as John Oliver put it, ...a candle.

Or as Cindy put it... a foot.  :rofl2:

Nothing like ruining my day. Might have to make a detour on our trip to Florida next week.

In their defense, Terrapin Beer does brew some good beer, and this one isn't a straight up cinnamon roll beer. Looking over the ingredients, it sounds like it actually has a chance of being a good beer.