Best Tent sites/loops during Christmas

Hello and Good Morning my Fellow Fiends,

I'm sure this topic has been brought up before, but as the subject line states I'm looking for everyone's opinion on the best specific site or at least the specific loop for tent camping during Christmas.

This is our 4 year in a row camping the weekend before Christmas, and 3 out of the 4 years we were in the 1500 loop and it was great. Last year we were in one of the 2000's and I hated it.

Any and all opinions are welcome!

Thanks!

We stayed in a pop up in the 2000 loop and it was meh.  Quiet but not bustling with the Christmas spirit.  Actually, the only bustling was a cranky toddler.  :(  From what I hear, the 1500 loop is popular and the 1600 loop is similar to seeing the lights on the Vegas strip popular! 

We will be there at the same time!!  :wave1:

Your only choices for tent loops are 1500 and 2000, so your answer is 1500. Unless you book a different level of site (full, preferred, or premium).

Exactly.

ECKush, do you have a reservation?  If so, what level did you reserve?  If you reserved a partial site, then your only choices are 1500 or 2000. and you already know which one of those you prefer.

TCD

TCD,

I reserved a preferred site. Any recommendations for that level?

Eric

Honestly I think you'll be fine with any of the three Preferred loops.  If you want to be slightly closer to the action request 100 but if you'd rather quieter then 300 is the furthest away and closest to TCD's favorite morning spot.

I think you made a good decision going with a non Partial site, it's always a risk booking a partial since you may end up in the 2000 loop.  Then again I've had two good stays in the 2000 loop, it really all depends on your neighbors.

Back on topic, I vote for 200 loop, but my only reason is that its in the middle of the three Preferred loops.

WBI

Honestly I think you'll be fine with any of the three Preferred loops.  If you want to be slightly closer to the action request 100 but if you'd rather quieter then 300 is the furthest away and closest to TCD's favorite morning spot.

Agreed.  300 is our favorite, but that's partly because it's a pet loop and it puts us close to both the dog walk along the canal and the dog park. We also like the location in general.

The other positive is that there tends to be a lot of decorating going on in 100, 200 and 300.  Down side is that increases the golf cart traffic some at night, and also the carriage/wagon rides come through most nights.

With a preferred reservation, that means you will have three possible loops: 100, 200 or 300.

Do you want to be in the middle of the action, or maybe have some quiet and privacy?

I've ended up on the 100 loop several times recently by request.  But, I like to be close to the action.  I love that you can easily walk to the marina, Pioneer Hall and the Settlement Trading Post from there.  But, a lot of those sites don't offer a lot of privacy.  200 is quieter, but further away from the action.

If you don't have pets or kids along, there's not a good reason for you to go for the 300 loop, but there are definitely some nice sites on 300, especially those that back up to the canal.

From what I've seen in the past, there will be plenty of decorations for you to enjoy on all of the preferred loops.  100, in particular, seems to attract many guests who stay long term, and do an extra good job decorating.

The good news for you is that those are all good loops.  No problems there.

TCD

Thanks WBI, Mo, and TCD... Being that they all seem to have there own Pros, and being that each of you recommended/voted for different ones, I'm going to leave it up to chance, and be happy with whatever they assign me.

Thanks again for the info, and hope to see some or all of you on my next visit!

Thanks WBI, Mo, and TCD... Being that they all seem to have there own Pros, and being that each of you recommended/voted for different ones, I'm going to leave it up to chance, and be happy with whatever they assign me.

Thanks again for the info, and hope to see some or all of you on my next visit!

The only part you shouldn't leave to chance is if you would like to be near a comfort station.  Being in a tent, you might want that.  I would at least ask for that.

TCD