Safari Vehicle Collides With Water Bridge

From WDW Kingdomcast's Youtube channel......

A Kilimanjaro Safari vehicle being transported on a flat bed trailer collides with the water bridge connecting Seven Seas Lagoon to Bay Lake in Walt Disney World on October 15th, 2014.

http://youtu.be/NaRag92arXE

Wow. Looks like there was no damage to the water bridge.

What a dummy the truck driver was.

Why was someone riding behind the truck and videoing?

TCD

Why hasn't the local media reported this? They love to report dumb things that happen at WDW. Where did that video appear?

Why did the driver take that route? Why didn't he go around the other way by the GF where there isn't a water bridge?

What happened after the video ended? Did the driver backup to an area where he could turn around and go the other way. Or did they unload the safari truck, move the flatbed past the water bridge, and then put the safari truck back on the flatbed?

Lou,

Any idea why they would be taking that safari vehicle to MK area?  Is there a major maintenance area there?  Who has access to that road?  Just trying to make since of this.  I would think that bridge would have better protection on the roadway.  They really seam to have a lot of safeguards on the waterway. 

Any idea why they would be taking that safari vehicle to MK area?  Is there a major maintenance area there?

Yes, there is maintenance area and other shops back there. That would be my guess.

Who has access to that road? . 

Like most roads in the RCID (WDW), that is a public road, so it's open to anyone.

I would think that bridge would have better protection on the roadway.  

Other than a height sign, what else is done?

Yea, after looking at satellite photos I see why anyone can travel that road.  I just never put it together crossing the bridge in a boat what that road was for.  I have never driven to any of the MK deluxe resorts other than WL.  I have seen where road signs are suspended by chains over a road on either side of a low clearance overpass.  If you hit the sign you are too tall for the overpass.  A sign stating the clearance should be enough.  I know you can't stupid proof everything but if that bridge was taken out somehow it seems like it would really screw up a lot around the MK area. 

Why hasn't the local media reported this? They love to report dumb things that happen at WDW. Where did that video appear?

I think you should become the official "Dumb Things That Happen at Disney" guy...

GoDaddy.jpg

The video popped up on Kingdomcast's YouTube channel.  Haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

if that bridge was taken out somehow it seems like it would really screw up a lot around the MK area. 

It's rare, but over the years and for various reasons, they have stopped allowing traffic to travel under that water bridge for short periods of time. The alternate route is a little longer route, but it works out ok.

I think you should become the official "Dumb Things That Happen at Disney" guy...

That's a full time job.

The video popped up on Kingdomcast's YouTube channel.  Haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

Is it possible to verify that it happened when they claim it happened?

Why did the driver take that route? Why didn't he go around the other way by the GF where there isn't a water bridge?

What happened after the video ended? Did the driver backup to an area where he could turn around and go the other way. Or did they unload the safari truck, move the flatbed past the water bridge, and then put the safari truck back on the flatbed?T

That was DH's question also.

Me?  I want to see the rest of the story.  Why did the video stop?  Did it stop and we just haven't seen the rest of it?  How long was traffic backed up?

Is the driver fired?  or what?

That's a full time job.

Yeah, but I hear the pay is fantastic!  8)

Is it possible to verify that it happened when they claim it happened?

I'm not sure how it could be verified.  The only thing for sure is the video was posted yesterday...

Bridge.jpg

But then, if this happened sometime in the past and is actually a rehash, I'm sure one of us here would remember it.

Unless it's an elaborate hoax.  8)