I just realized I haven't booked any character meals for our April trip, but I don't want any more ADRs than I already have and don't want to give up BOG, 'Ohana, Biergarten, or our anniversary dinner at CG to do a character meal. 

It just feels weird.... 

I understand it might feel weird....but as you know, a character meal would cost as much as the dinners you already booked and have far inferior food.  At least IMO.  I bet you won't miss it, as long as Z gets some quality time with his future wives at the parks.  

Exactly, I'd be paying the same of more for lesser quality... Jason and my dad have never eaten at `Ohana, and I know they'll love it. I'm excited to finally try CG. I'm not even sure I'll keep the BOG one, but I figure it's better to have and change my mind later. 

Plus there are still fun things for Z at BOG and Ohana... BOG does have the Beast who pops in to say "howdy" and then has a photo opp in the library, and Ohana has the woman with the coconuts that leads the kids around and sings and dances with them.

And yeah... the food will be better.  :)

Plus there are still fun things for Z at BOG and Ohana... BOG does have the Beast who pops in to say "howdy" and then has a photo opp in the library, and Ohana has the woman with the coconuts that leads the kids around and sings and dances with them.

And yeah... the food will be better.  :)

He also LOVED dancing at Biergarten. 

We're not doing Ohana on this next trip (I know INC is relieved LOL) but the dancing part was always fun so we'll miss that.  But the little ones will get to dance at Biergarten.  

I did book one character meal though....I couldn't help myself.  We're having breakfast at H&V.  Anna is a HUGE Sofia fan and it's a surprise as the kids don't think we're doing any parks.  I can't wait to see Anna's face when she sees Sofia.  

We're not doing Ohana on this next trip (I know INC is relieved LOL) but the dancing part was always fun so we'll miss that.  But the little ones will get to dance at Biergarten.  

I did book one character meal though....I couldn't help myself.  We're having breakfast at H&V.  Anna is a HUGE Sofia fan and it's a surprise as the kids don't think we're doing any parks.  I can't wait to see Anna's face when she sees Sofia.  

That's awesome. There better be TONS of pictures! 

I really look forward to when I have less kids at home so we can do visit some of the awesome resort at WDW. Honestly we rarely do more than one sit down meal, it's just not in the budget when you are feeding 7 people. Anyhow I love reading all about the different restaurants and some day I look forward to eating at some of them. 

I just realized I haven't booked any character meals for our April trip, but I don't want any more ADRs than I already have and don't want to give up BOG, 'Ohana, Biergarten, or our anniversary dinner at CG to do a character meal.

It just feels weird....

Man I'm jealous of those ADRs! Lol

I really want to do CG again but we decided not to this trip. Good thing too cause I never saw it available any way.

Kelly can I pay you too book my ADRs for our next trip whenever that will be? :)

WBI

Man I'm jealous of those ADRs! Lol

I really want to do CG again but we decided not to this trip. Good thing too cause I never saw it available any way.

Kelly can I pay you too book my ADRs for our next trip whenever that will be? :)

WBI

No, but you can book with "not my" Jason, and he'll do it for free. I'm just too OCD to give up the control. 

Booking at 180 days is the key. 

No, but you can book with "not my" Jason, and he'll do it for free. I'm just too OCD to give up the control.

Booking at 180 days is the key.

I have the same problem with my vacations but I'm working on it. One thing is I'd hate to cancel a trip if Jason does all that work for me and sometimes 5 hat does happen.

Yeah 180 days is key but sometimes I think disney just likes to mess things up and hold reservations for some reason. I was shocked I couldn't get an early Ohana this past time. And I guess Disney messed with BOG for that week since I wasn't the only one that had trouble.

WBI

I have the same problem with my vacations but I'm working on it. One thing is I'd hate to cancel a trip if Jason does all that work for me and sometimes 5 hat does happen.

WBI

No worries. I know people do cancel and its a part of the job. As long as you book with me I will do anything I can to get what your looking for. Even 3 am BOG reservations if I happen to be awake. 

I understand it might feel weird....but as you know, a character meal would cost as much as the dinners you already booked and have far inferior food.

I agree with you except we really like the food at Akerhaus. That's one place I would eat at even if there were no characters.

I agree with you except we really like the food at Akerhaus. That's one place I would eat at even if there were no characters.

I used to LOVE eating at Akershus before they added the princesses. Very yummy, very nice atmosphere. When I heard the princesses were coming for all meals, I made a point to eat there and specifically told the manager I wouldn't be back.

I used to LOVE eating at Akershus before they added the princesses. Very yummy, very nice atmosphere. When I heard the princesses were coming for all meals, I made a point to eat there and specifically told the manager I wouldn't be back.

Why?

The food or the princesses or both?

Why?

The food or the princesses or both?

Princesses. They have gone overboard on the princesses. A beautiful unique dining venue marred by little "angels" in Bippity Boppity Brat outfits running around like little idgets.

(Yes, I don't have any little girls, I may change my tune however, if a granddaughter comes along).

Princesses. They have gone overboard on the princesses. A beautiful unique dining venue marred by little "angels" in Bippity Boppity Brat outfits running around like little idgets.

(Yes, I don't have any little girls, I may change my tune however, if a granddaughter comes along).

If I know grandmothers you will change.

You'll be the first one on the phone planning rezzies at BBB early enough so you can take pictures before you rush your princess to y'all's 12:10pm rezzies at Akerhaus. As your trying to figure out if her hair will stay for tomorrow's princess lunch at Cinderella Castle. And yes her hair will stay up. :rofl:

The princess thing is huge, huge, business so I can't blame them for taking full advantage of it and maximizing their return.

Unless they came up with a brand new venue, there isn't another location with a theme that fits into the princess thing that wasn't already being used at Epcot.

I don't have a problem with Disney converting Norway to the princess character meal as there are so many other restaurants at Epcot, but I do have 3 granddaughters and have also gone there with friends who have princesses.

And with the addition of the Frozen theme, look out. Getting a rez there was doable and it's less expensive. A great alternative to the castle meal.

I bet that changes significantly once the conversion is complete.

The princess thing is huge, huge, business so I can't blame them for taking full advantage of it and maximizing their return.

Unless they came up with a brand new venue, there isn't another location with a theme that fits into the princess thing that wasn't already being used at Epcot.

I don't have a problem with Disney converting Norway to the princess character meal as there are so many other restaurants at Epcot, but I do have 3 granddaughters and have also gone there with friends who have princesses.

And with the addition of the Frozen theme, look out. Getting a rez there was doable and it's less expensive. A great alternative to the castle meal.

I bet that changes significantly once the conversion is complete.

Are they adding A&E to the Akershus meal?  That would be INSANE....instantly the hardest ADR to get.