Guest Parking at the Settlement

No mulligan for Dave, this time. I would still take that approach.

I am aware of the $10 charge on the credit card if you don't cancel, but I would either actually go to TE. Hey, why not? Or pay the $10. It's a small price to pay for the convenience and if it's something you really want to do, which BTW, I wouldn't.

If you can make a rez at TE for that night, it beats having to take several buses from other locations in order to get into the Fort. Not to mention the time wasted and the over crowded buses trying to get out of the parks to the resorts, even if you were able to do it.

It's a little known fact that buses will not take guests to a closed park, so going back to DHS after the fireworks won't work because it closes at midnight. There is a way, but I can't say it on here.

You could go back to Epcot instead as it will be open later, but by the time you get back there, it will be close to closing time and the bus situation will not be a good one.

Taking that all into account, I would attempt to make a rez at TE and pay the ten bucks.

But you're right, Dave is still a knucklehead and schmuckface.

I agree, especially, why not eat at Trails End.  When we were at the Grand last New Years Eve, the restaurant was only half full.  We asked the server and she said they get a lot of "parkers"; people who pay the $10 to park.  However, she said a lot of people make the reservation for the number of people in their party and don't realize the $10 charge is per person.  The server still doesn't like it since it really cuts in on their tips since they don't get many walk ups on a night like New Years.  People assume they are booked, and any walkups have to be told they are booked until they can confirm that people don't show up.

Excellent point and reminder that If you do use this method and plan to be a no-show, make the rez for a party of one.

I'd be willing to bet the Disney reservation system makes it darned near impossible to find a reservation for one - especially around the holidays.

After all, they've made it all but impossible to find single night or weekend reservations at the Fort.

If people more frequently use this method to snag $10 parking at a MK or Epcot area resort, how long before the guards are instructed to ask why there are 6 people in a car and only 1 person on the ADR? 

Doing this is not something new, so I don't see why all of a sudden more people would do it.

I'd be willing to bet the Disney reservation system makes it darned near impossible to find a reservation for one - especially around the holidays.

After all, they've made it all but impossible to find single night or weekend reservations at the Fort.

Make the party size two if you can't  get a rez for one then change it if you can, or accept the fact that it'll cost you $20 to watch fireworks off in the distance.

Still cheap in order to avoid multiple bus rides. Think of it as Fort style valet parking.

Mind you, I would never do this as I don't think it's worth it, but someone might.

The point is that don't assume that you'll be allowed in and to have a sure fire backup plan if it's something you really want to do.

As a Plan C, couldn't you park at DTD and take a boat from there to FW (or the Contemporary, Poly, or GF)?

Yes you could, but you'd have to take the boat out of the water, drag it to the Fort and put it back in Bay Lake.

I have no clue what I was thinking when I posted that.  Can I claim the kids distracted me?

BTW, after reading all the other responses since my gaff, I agree that eating at TE sounds best.

Can I claim the kids distracted me

That's a given. I always factor that in.

BTW, after reading all the other responses since my gaff, I agree that eating at TE sounds best.

If I wanted to watch the fireworks at the Fort that night, that's what I'd do.

Take my time enjoying the buffet at TE, walk around checking out the decorations, visit with Fiends and then go to the beach. Sounds perfect to me.

• 1 month later...