Pick up camper "Not allowed" ?

There are many "RV Resorts" that will not allow tents, popups, or even hybrid hard side trailers that have fold out tent bunks. Never really understood the reasoning but I guess there must be some big rig campers that will pay more to have it that way.  However, there are many other campgrounds in the area where you will be welcome.   

A lot of higher end resorts have these types of restrictions. We have a 5 year old hybrid and have seen where hybrids are not allowed. Also there are places that only allow rigs of certain ages. I have no problem with these restrictions as long as they are upfront about it, I personally have no desire to go where I am not wanted. Personally though I wouldn't want to stay at a place that was so fussy because I imagine they are uptight about everything and that's not what I want when I am vacationing. 

It's the same mentality that prevails at the new motor-home resorts.  Class "A" only. Can't go in with a lowly $175,000 Super "C".  What even aggravates me more is many of them are Good Sam parks, just like the one here and that exclusivity is definitely not what Good Sam was founded on.

I've seen more and more campgrounds put restrictions on the age of your rig, which to a certain extent I understand because there is the possibility your rig could break down on their property and they'd run into issues with existing reservations, vehicle leaking fluids on the site, etc. 

Age restriction is clearly something I'll be up against. 

But I cannot for the life of me understand what grounds any campground would have to limit truck campers and class C's. Makes no sense to me at all. 

I've run into that issue also. Some parks require that you be "self-contained" meaning with holding tanks and a sewer line.

However, I can fake it somewhat because I've fashioned a grey water drain that looks exactly like a sewer line.

Just have to dump the portapotty when nobody's looking.

It's the same mentality that prevails at the new motor-home resorts.  Class "A" only. Can't go in with a lowly $175,000 Super "C".  What even aggravates me more is many of them are Good Sam parks, just like the one here and that exclusivity is definitely not what Good Sam was founded on.

We've seen this too. Luckily, there are PLENTY of other places.