Beach Club Undergoing Major Refurbishment

Just ran across this on Doctor Disney...

Disney’s Beach Club Resort To Undergo Very Long Refurbishment
October 20, 2014 by Doctor Disney Leave a Comment

beach-club.jpg

Disney’s Beach Club is going to begin a refurbishment that will actually take close to two years to complete. Refurbishment of the guest rooms officially began earlier this month and almost the entire resort is going to see a complete overhaul to freshen things up.

On Oct. 13, 2014, the refurbishment of Guest rooms as Beach Club began and there will be both new hard and soft goods. Work is expected to continue on the Guest rooms until Aug. 22, 2015, and work will be daily between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

The overall refurbishment of the Beach Club is going to last around 20 months and the public Guest areas will also be fixed up.

Now, please let it be known that the Beach Club will not be changing how it looks or the overall theme. The resort is going to be spruced up, freshened up, and see some touch-ups all around where needed.

The exact order of how the Beach Club areas will be refurbished is not yet known. As the different areas are being refurbished, they will be roped or closed off.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2014/10/20/disneys-beach-club-resort-undergo-long-refurbishment/

The article says all public spaces and that it is a multi year. I am hoping not the pool till after April at least

I'm interpreting it as the Beach Club's public spaces and not the public spaces that they share with the Yacht Club side of the resort.

I would think that they would mention it specifically as it will affect the Yacht Club's guests, big time. I would like to know ahead of time if it's closing. It might affect my decision to stay there.

The hours of operation for the pool go as far as next Oct and it doesn't show it closing..............yet. Of course that can change at any time.

The latest in room flyer regarding refurbs doesn't mention the pool............yet. That flyer is only for the first phase though.

I'm interpreting it as the Beach Club's public spaces and not the public spaces that they share with the Yacht Club side of the resort.

I would think that they would mention it specifically as it will affect the Yacht Club's guests, big time. I would like to know ahead of time if it's closing. It might affect my decision to stay there.

The hours of operation for the pool go as far as next Oct and it doesn't show it closing..............yet. Of course that can change at any time.

The latest in room flyer regarding refurbs doesn't mention the pool............yet. That flyer is only for the first phase though.

My comment about the pool was based on what has occurred at every other resort pool on property.

They are redoing the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge pools at this very moment.  I can't think of another WDW resort pool that still has a deep end.

As DIT said, the lazy river portion of Stormalong Bay is "scary deep."  With the big renovation going on, this seems like a likely time for them to change that.

TCD

But in both cases there was a in-room flyer, like the one below for the Poly, and an Advisory that made it very clear that the pool was closing and giving guests an alternative. The shut down is also shown on the internal calendar.

So far, but it's still early, I haven't found a flyer saying that the pool is part of this refurb. I think it will be refurbed at some point.

Could it be that after the Beach Club is refurbed, they'll do the Yacht Club, and then do the shared common areas like the restaurants, Stormalong Bay, etc that are between them at some point?

Poly1_zps6768a42a.jpg

Could it be that after the Beach Club is refurbed, they'll do the Yacht Club, and then do the shared common areas like the restaurants, Stormalong Bay, etc that are between them at some point?

Now that makes sense.

I think they would have to refurbish the Yacht Club, and at that point, it would make sense to do whatever updates they might want to do for the pool.

Hey, and while they're at it- they could add some of those waterfront bungalows like they're doing at the Polynesian.

TCD

Hey, and while they're at it- they could add some of those waterfront bungalows like they're doing at the Polynesian.

TCD

Those bungalows should have been built on one of the vacant islands that are just sitting there rotting away

But no, they squeezed them into the Poly resort obstructing part of the view.

Those bungalows should have been built on one of the vacant islands that are just sitting there rotting away

But no, they squeezed them into the Poly resort obstructing part of the view.

And they will be 100% occupied from the time they open until the end of time.

That beach wasn't making them any money. So who cares if a bunch of guests can't freeload and watch the MK fireworks?, the managers will be laughing all the way to the bank.

TCD