Wilderness Lodge Standard View Room Suggestions?

Has anyone stayed at wilderness lodge in a standard room? I booked a room for my will be husband by then and I to end our fort wilderness trip.  (Its our honeymoon trip) He thinks we are going to Fort wilderness until Dec. 10th and then going home but as a surprise we will leave fort wilderness on the 10th and then check-in to wilderness lodge for the night and not go home till the next day. :yay:

Does anyone have any room request suggestions? I was only able to book a standard view room. I would like a good view we can enjoy as I plan to just relax in our room and at the lodge that day.

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!

The only time we stayed at the Lodge we also booked a Standard View Room.  We ended up with a view of the roof, DVC Villas, and some woods.  It wasn't too bad, but we were also only a one night stay and didn't spend that much time in the room.  Honestly the Lodge itself is so nice we preferred being out and about around the resort!

Are you planning to upgrade to a more expensive view or just try and request a specific area?  We were towards the front on the south side of the building I think.

Good Luck!

WBI

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!

The only time we stayed at the Lodge we also booked a Standard View Room.  We ended up with a view of the roof, DVC Villas, and some woods.  It wasn't too bad, but we were also only a one night stay and didn't spend that much time in the room.  Honestly the Lodge itself is so nice we preferred being out and about around the resort!

Are you planning to upgrade to a more expensive view or just try and request a specific area?  We were towards the front on the south side of the building I think.

Good Luck!

WBI

Thank you. We are just going to stick with the standard view and try to request a certain area. I'm just excited to be able to stay there. It is only a one night stay for us as well.

Congratulations!

I have no idea if this would make a difference....but I wonder if you explained to someone (I'd suggest talking to someone actually at the Lodge if you have a chance to sneak over there during your Fort stay) that this was the last night of your honeymoon trip and that you would love to have one of their "nicer, standard views", understanding that doesn't mean a view of the lake or pools but you are not able to upgrade to that.  Depending on occupancy and how you go about the request, I wonder if some pixie dust just might be sprinkled?  At the very least, the people who assign the rooms would likely give you one of the nicer standard rooms.  And you just might score a nice upgrade to a water view.    

Congratulations!

I have no idea if this would make a difference....but I wonder if you explained to someone (I'd suggest talking to someone actually at the Lodge if you have a chance to sneak over there during your Fort stay) that this was the last night of your honeymoon trip and that you would love to have one of their "nicer, standard views", understanding that doesn't mean a view of the lake or pools but you are not able to upgrade to that.  Depending on occupancy and how you go about the request, I wonder if some pixie dust just might be sprinkled?  At the very least, the people who assign the rooms would likely give you one of the nicer standard rooms.  And you just might score a nice upgrade to a water view.    

I full agree with doing this.  I've shared my experience with pixie dust before but here you go:

When we stayed at the Lodge that one time, we booked our Christmas trip using the bounce back offer, they asked if we were celebrating anything and I said it would be our first trip to DW after our wedding, all she said was that's nice.   Well then we decided to stay at the Contemporary for one night on the drive home from our wedding and during check-in they asked what we were celebrating we told them and they were shocked and upgraded us to a concierge level room on the 14th floor with MK view!  It was awesome!

Then for the Christmas trip as we walked in we were sent straight to concierge check-in and given a garden cottage suite!  They never mentioned an upgrade or anything, they acted like I booked that room, I guess the reservations lady automatically booked us for that level and never mentioned it to us.  We were shocked and seriously thought something was up, I even asked if there was a mistake so I wouldn't be charged. lol  Those were two very magical visits!

So in conclusion, definitely tell them what you are celebrating!

WBI

I full agree with doing this.  I've shared my experience with pixie dust before but here you go:

When we stayed at the Lodge that one time, we booked our Christmas trip using the bounce back offer, they asked if we were celebrating anything and I said it would be our first trip to DW after our wedding, all she said was that's nice.   Well then we decided to stay at the Contemporary for one night on the drive home from our wedding and during check-in they asked what we were celebrating we told them and they were shocked and upgraded us to a concierge level room on the 14th floor with MK view!  It was awesome!

Then for the Christmas trip as we walked in we were sent straight to concierge check-in and given a garden cottage suite!  They never mentioned an upgrade or anything, they acted like I booked that room, I guess the reservations lady automatically booked us for that level and never mentioned it to us.  We were shocked and seriously thought something was up, I even asked if there was a mistake so I wouldn't be charged. lol  Those were two very magical visits!

So in conclusion, definitely tell them what you are celebrating!

WBI

Thanks so much you guys! I will definitely do that. and keep our fingers crossed. =]

Something to add here. We just stayed at the lodge for my birthday, and while we didnt get any upgrades or pixie dust, I will say our standard room had a horrible view...until the fireworks started!! We laughed the rest of the weekend bc those rooms should be labeled "fireworks view". I've never had such a good show. We were in the rooms obviously on MK side, but specifically we could see the smokehouse, where they do their BBQ, and a parking lot. Not much to look at during the day, but so fun at night!

Something to add here. We just stayed at the lodge for my birthday, and while we didnt get any upgrades or pixie dust, I will say our standard room had a horrible view...until the fireworks started!! We laughed the rest of the weekend bc those rooms should be labeled "fireworks view". I've never had such a good show. We were in the rooms obviously on MK side, but specifically we could see the smokehouse, where they do their BBQ, and a parking lot. Not much to look at during the day, but so fun at night!

If you don't mind me asking what was your room number?

As FOB said, her room had a great view of the fireworks, and as you can see by the red arrow and if I remember correctly, a great view of the loading dock.

We stayed in a great room, blue arrow, that overlooked the beach and the lake. You couldn't see any of the resort and it felt like you were out in the middle of nowhere.

How did I get such a great room you ask? I was a Front Office CM at the time.

There are lots of great rooms and it comes down to what you prefer.

WL_zps4e634d8f.jpg

As FOB said, her room had a great view of the fireworks, and as you can see by the red arrow and if I remember correctly, a great view of the loading dock.

We stayed in a great room, blue arrow, that overlooked the beach and the lake. You couldn't see any of the resort and it felt like you were out in the middle of nowhere.

How did I get such a great room you ask? I was a Front Office CM at the time.

There are lots of great rooms and it comes down to what you prefer.

WL_zps4e634d8f.jpg

I think i like the room you got better. But whats our chances of getting a room like that? What was your room number?

Lou, thats exactly right.

Well, now you are going in informed. If you don't get a magical upgrade, you can at least request one of these el cheapo rooms with a fireworks view. If you do get an upgrade, then that's great too :). Either way, you're all set!