Sorcerer's Hat leaving the Studios?

Now how long for the other shoe to drop? I'm not sayin nuthin, can't, but someone else might.

Which begs the question: is it better not to know anything or to know that you don't know something??? :huh:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hat is not cool......but its not as bad as the pink birthday cake castle. Let's keep things in perspective.

Teaser: the chinese theater may appear in all of it's original glory in my Back in Time TR.

I hear the earful tower opens at the top so rebel x-wing fighters can land in it

It is and always has been an eyesore. It doesn't fit into the theming in that area.

It's too big and overpowers the area.

The Earful Tower was and should be the DHS icon.

While it my be a famous movie, it SMB. I haven't been able to watch the entire movie and probably never will.

LETS SEE. Hollywood Studios. Sounds like a place that they make movies. How many movies/tv shows has that hat been in? (Watch this weeks or last weeks episode of Once Upon A Time). How does a famous/ iconic movie hat not fit into the "theming of the area"?

KIND of like that giant golfball? Or that giant tree? Or that castle which is at least 2 or 3 as tall as the original at Disneyland.

YOU mean that water tower that is so far in the back of the park you can really only see it from that attraction that they just did a way with?

YOUR right it SMB but a lot of people would disagree with that. As of 2012, Fantasia has grossed $76.4 million in domestic revenue and is the 22nd highest-grossing film of all time in the U.S. when adjusted for inflation. Remember this film was released in 1940.

YOUR right it SMB but a lot of people would disagree with that. As of 2012, Fantasia has grossed $76.4 million in domestic revenue and is the 22nd highest-grossing film of all time in the U.S. when adjusted for inflation. Remember this film was released in 1940.

Using your argument, Avatar is a better movie than Fantasia as it ranks 14th.

And Fantasia is a better movie than Mary Poppins, Forest Gump, The Godfather, Grease, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many others, really?

And Fantasia is a better movie than Mary Poppins, Forest Gump, The Godfather, Grease, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many others, really?

And your point is what?

So using your argument let's put up a giant Mary Poppins umbrella, or a giant Bubba Gump Shrimp, or perhaps a giant dead horses head, or for Grease a big leather jacket. Wait, wait I got it...a giant Captain Jack Pirates hat. Please tell me which moviie has a more iconic symbol.

I notice that you didn't say anything about my other points. Why?

Omg. Your right. But they are already building an avatar land. So maybe they will get rid of that eyesore called a tree of life and replace it with a giant blue person.

Rule 1 of the Internet: If there is a thing, people will argue about it.  :protip:

The hat was put there in the first place as a giant kludge to prevent lawsuits from the management of Graumann's Chinese Theater when the original theater was sold and the contract for Disney to be able to use the image of the theater in marketing material lapsed.

Rumors are that they will redo the entrance to the Great Movie Ride to match a different classic Hollywood theater (the Cathay Circle? I might not have that right), which they do have the proper rights for.

(the Cathay Circle? I might not have that right), which they do have the proper rights for.

You do have that right. They made a part of California Adventure look like that theater where Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was originally shown. 

Ray the problem with the hat in that area vs the other parks is the lay out and available space. It is so large to block out the theater but the placement of it really inhibits Fireworks viewing. When you go to Epcot it's at the Entrance and once you are past it it becomes a symbol in the distance. With the Tree of Life the park is big enough that while its an icon it does not detract from the views in other areas. it again becomes something that lets you see if from around the park but doesnt voer power the rest. 

With the hat it was specifically designed to block views. It's placement in such a small courtyard makes it impossible to see anything behind it. Every good video of Fireworks there is either from teh entrance of DHS or from the side of the hat. 

So would y'all be ok if the hat was placed at the entrance of HS?

Is the issue that it blocks the theatre? It's at the end of Main Street just like Cinderella castle.

Again, I'll ask the question. What would you want the symbol of HS to be? The earful tower? IMHO it is to far way from the main area of the park. Should they move the tower to the front of the park?

You all that don't like the hat are apparently having your wish granted. What would you put in its place? If anything.

I would be fine with the movie theater or a different one like Cathay Circle. And while the castle is at the end of main street there is more open space in front and behind it. It might have been better if the park wasnt shaped the way it is. For the record I have never been there without the hat but it clutters a lot of sight lines for me where it is currently placed and at its size. Maybe out front or somewhere else? I honestly dont know. 

I cant answer to whether it was officialy placed due to the theater issue.  

Front page of the Orlando Sentinel this morning has the stories that broke here, some, days ago.

http://eedition.orlandosentinel.com/Olive/ODE/orlandosentinel/

Don't know if this will work.

There is the announcement about the hat and also the story about the Teal Pumpkin project that I first heard about on fortfiends. 

As for the hat, I wouldn't mind if it was moved to another location.  When it was first built I hoped for another ride, not another pin/gift shop. 

Also, at Christmas time, a model train display was built in the landscaped area in front of the theater.  I missed that after the hat.

Put the hat on top of spaceship earth. It will look good up there!

:bellringer:

I don't hate the hat, but don't love it either.  For this park though, I would rather see the main drag coming in anchored by a theatre of some kind, and not a big hat with a gift shop under it.  

If there are legal/licensing issues with what's there now, then presumably that's either going to have to change, or something else is going to get plunked in the hat's place. 

Giant Olaf?

I have never been a fan of the hat, but I remember before it was there.  There seem to be many people with strong feeling both ways.  So to me the question is how many of the hat haters remember what it was like before the hat and how many of the hat lovers have never seen HS without the hat.  Nobody likes change.

I have never been a fan of the hat, but I remember before it was there. There seem to be many people with strong feeling both ways. So to me the question is how many of the hat haters remember what it was like before the hat and how many of the hat lovers have never seen HS without the hat. Nobody likes change.

I like the hat. I wouldn't call myself a hat lover. I remember HS before the hat and I liked the park then just as much as I do now.

:bellringer:

I don't hate the hat, but don't love it either.  For this park though, I would rather see the main drag coming in anchored by a theatre of some kind, and not a big hat with a gift shop under it.  

If there are legal/licensing issues with what's there now, then presumably that's either going to have to change, or something else is going to get plunked in the hat's place. 

Giant Olaf?

That would be worse :(

I saw somewhere else someone said Elsa's Tiara

Yuck!