If you are looking for inexpensive places to visit, or just have some time to squander while down in the Disney area you might want to check out "Old Town". It is located very close to Disney on Rt. 192. They usually have some sort of event scheduled such as antique car shows, rock and roll events, and others. They have dozens of small shops you can wander through. Some are tacky, some have neat items. It is a unique shopping area that is free to wander through.  :argh:

Here is the link in case someone might be interested.. http://www.old-town.com/

We used to stay in the old motel there by Old Town. Huge rooms, but kind of iffy on cleanliness at times. My Mama loved to sit on the balcony and watch the people on that Slingshot as they were flung high into the air. She's almost completely deaf and she could hear them screaming! Each time she would tell me, "omg, I think that one is the highest one yet!" It is a neat place to walk around and we enjoy looking at the classic cars.

My boys love to go to Old Town, especially if we are staying at Tropical Palms. We spent last New Years Eve there with friends and had a great time. Live band, cars, booze and just a short walk home! :banana:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And if you're in that neck of the woods, visit downtown Celebration. It's right up the road. Let me know and I'll buy you an ice cream.

Is it ok to take the dog along?? Or do they frown on that? He loves getting to go, I wish I could take him to walk at DTD.

(I'll get my picture working soon :( I hope, he is a yorkie)

Is it ok to take the dog along?? Or do they frown on that? He loves getting to go, I wish I could take him to walk at DTD.

Welcome Tab! I have seen dogs walking down the streets at Old Town. I'm not sure about Celebration, but I'm sure Magicbus will be able to answer that for you.

Absolutely, downtown Celebration is just a downtown area of the town. You'll see plenty of dogs. There is a walkway all around the lake. It's Buddy's, btw he's a 10 lb SIlky Terrier, favorite place to go hunting.

Just popping in to say that I found Old Town Ride Wristbands at 50% off on Living Social this week. I posted it on the budget board but thought I'd mention it here too.

Apparently they do discount, wish I'd known that years ago... we thought wristbands were a great deal at full price on days we didn't do parks. The car cruise is a must on our list when we're in town and the wristbands make it more enjoyable for the kids too.

If you're planning a stop at Old Town, it couldn't hurt to watch the Groupons and Living Social sites for Orlando to see what might be offered...

• 5 months later...

Living Social has the half-price $12 wristbands today if anyone needs them...

http://livingsocial.com/deals/112679?ctr=12&msdc_id=75

• 1 month later...