Hi All,

We are heading down to the Fort next week to search for places to keep the camper for the winter. Here in CT the winters are to rough to keep her outside & it's to expensive to store her inside. We were originally coming down to look at places to keep her on a seasonal spot as I have health issues & the CT winters make it pretty rough for me. We were thinking having her on a seasonal spot down in Florida I could head down for a couple of weeks if I started to feel under the weather, but I just don't think right now we can afford as I am now out of work & my hubby will undergo surgery that will have him out of work for at least a month. Geez writing this you wouldn't know we are only 40/50ish. lol

Any info would much be appreciated.

Thanks much,

Tammie & Bob

As far as storage options near the Fort, there have been a few threads over the years that might be of help to you.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11797-rv-storage-near-the-fort/?hl=%2Bstorage+%2Bclermont#entry325382

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8222-rv-storage-in-wdw-area/?hl=%2Bstorage+%2Bclermont#entry223616

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/7272-camper-storage-near-the-fort/?hl=%2Bstorage+%2Bclermont#entry192968

I think there are several options that might work.  

As far as seasonal sites....that would be an awesome option to allow you to "pop" down whenever you want.  I wish I could help suggest a place but I'm not familiar with any.  Good luck!

Many of the seasonal places also have storage areas. I know Lake Magic in Clermont has a storage lot, not sure what they charge but they are only 20 minutes from the Fort so you may have the best of both worlds. A place to stay and store both. You may also check Sherwood Forest CG.

We looked into a few places a while back when we were thinking of leaving the trailer in orlando area for a few months.

http://www.unclebobs.com/celebration/ I think they have changed owners since we looked and I dont remember the prices but was a nice looking secured place when we visited.

http://www.tropicalpalmsresortfl.com/ I cant remember for certain if they had a storage area on site or not but do know they had seasonal rates when we looked. Seemed to be a decent place and when we visited there was a guard at the gate. Its right behind old town on 192 not to far from the Fort.

My In-Laws used to winter at Great Oak RV Resort.  It was nice but nothing fancy. A lot of retirees especially during the season.   And it looks like they had a storage area.  They were many 15-20 minutes to Disney.

Where in CT?  I grew up in Bridgeport and lived in Huntington before we left in 1995/96 for warmer weather.

http://www.greatoakrvresort.com/about.html

My In-Laws used to winter at Great Oak RV Resort.  It was nice but nothing fancy. A lot of retirees especially during the season.   And it looks like they had a storage area.  They were many 15-20 minutes to Disney.

Where in CT?  I grew up in Bridgeport and lived in Huntington before we left in 1995/96 for warmer weather.

http://www.greatoakrvresort.com/about.html

My wife is a teacher in Bridgeport 

North Branford is very different from the Orlando area.  Gas is currently selling for $2.75 and you never have to buy heating oil.  Coal is only used to bake pizza but its not the same thing as apizza.  You don't need winter clothes and there is no state income tax.  You don't pay property tax on cars or RV's.  I just bought a yearly registration for my RV that was $50.  What you think you think you need to clear from your current property in CT may be more than enough in FL.  I was born in BPT and raised in Milford but moved south in 1971.  Good luck.  I hope your health problems get behind you quickly.    

DinDavie,

I am speechless and my husband will tell you that speaks volumes. Without any exaggeration it cost us just about 10 thousand for taxes on our rv, 2 vehicles and a motorcycle. It would actually be saving us money to keep the rv down here! Thanks for that information! I am more motivated than ever to not be taking her back next week.

Best Regards,

Bob & Tammie

DinDavie,

I am speechless and my husband will tell you that speaks volumes. Without any exaggeration it cost us just about 10 thousand for taxes on our rv, 2 vehicles and a motorcycle. It would actually be saving us money to keep the rv down here! Thanks for that information! I am more motivated than ever to not be taking her back next week.

Best Regards,

Bob & Tammie

Are you joking?  I knew CT was a high tax state, but WTF? 

We've been storing our motorhome in Florida during the winter for several years.  Rather than store it onsite or near a destination, we store it near the airport and when we fly in, we go to the motorhome and can head wherever we want to go.  The first few years we stored it near MCO, then we stored it near SFB but now we are storing it near PIE.  The first few years, I stored it at campgrounds but now we just store it at regular storage places that I found through Craigslist.

FWIW, I'm storing it in the large lot of a small garage (he stores about 1/2 dozen rvs, trailers and boats).  It's locked with 24 / 7 access.  We store our 40' mh, car and the tow dolly and pay $50 / month (he actually asked for $40/month but I offered him $50 because he receives packages for me every once in a while)  He also starts the car every couple of weeks.

DinDavie,

Best Regards,

Bob & Tammie

:bugeyes:

We've been storing our motorhome in Florida during the winter for several years.  Rather than store it onsite or near a destination, we store it near the airport and when we fly in, we go to the motorhome and can head wherever we want to go.  The first few years we stored it near MCO, then we stored it near SFB but now we are storing it near PIE.  The first few years, I stored it at campgrounds but now we just store it at regular storage places that I found through Craigslist.

FWIW, I'm storing it in the large lot of a small garage (he stores about 1/2 dozen rvs, trailers and boats).  It's locked with 24 / 7 access.  We store our 40' mh, car and the tow dolly and pay $50 / month (he actually asked for $40/month but I offered him $50 because he receives packages for me every once in a while)  He also starts the car every couple of weeks.

Michelb

Are you able to share his contact information?

Well....you either didn't Google it.  Or....you did Google it, and you are just being a SAH.

Ok your going to have to explain this one.

I know SAH is a Subarachnoid hemorrhage which is bleeding between the brain and skull. Or more accurately. Between the brain and thin tissue surrounding the brain.