The Turkey Diary

i didn't want to take over the "time till your at the fort" thread and I had a question. Figured I'd chronicle our Turkey adventure. :-D. I have to figure out how to post a photo. I think I've done it once. Lol

First up we had a really smooth trip. Our new truck barely knows our little trailer is back there. The furry kids were well behaved the whole way down. We stayed the 1st night in TN at the Sweetwater KOA. It had a small dog fenced area which is great since the oldest seems to take care of business better with those. She's happy then we're all happy. Lol

Nice place not to far off 75. Sure you can hear some noise but it was nice not having to drive far off and a quick start in the morning. Night 2 was spent again at the Eagle's Roost. Arrived at 4 pm! Long enough 2 days that we were happy with the day. We had planned the long 1st day then the shorter 2nd day. All went as planned and we arrived on all 3 days within the times we had figured.

Today was just settling in. Dinner at Trails End and time with the girls. The youngest was so into the lizards that she probably crashed when we went to dinner. Not a peep was heard on the video feed and Keely never left the couch only moving to change positions. Lol. They are all tucked in now dreaming (kicking/running in their sleep)

I had hoped the Fort would be decorated but since it's not I hope I can sneak out one night and watch it happen. Ray asked a CM and she thought perhaps the 18th? But no date was set that she knew of. So if anyone hears of the date perhaps I can meet up with Mo and watch them decorate the Fort this next week???? We leave the 21st.

I've been to Disney this time period before. I've been in December to the resort (AKL visit that year) and I've done enough Marathon weekends to catch all of the holiday decor but I don't think I've ever seen the Fort dressed up for the Holidays. So I don't know what to expect.

Well it's late and I WAS falling asleep during dinner and the light is keeping the rest of the Turkey's awake. .... Oldest fur-kid just gave me the stink eye. So I guess lights out and more lizard chasing fun tomorrow!

Night.

Diane

Hi all!

TCD: i will probably stalk Mo for the low down on Fort decorating. ;-)

Everyone else this will NOT be anywhere near a TCD trip report. You might need coffee to stay awake for this one. LOL

The morning started with coffee and squirrel watching followed by a romp at the dog park.

As soon as we returned to the site we loaded the girls up and headed out to find Camping World Kissimmee (which is where this report is being written while Ray goes for the part he broke yesterday)

In hunting down the Camping World poor Ray got bad directions from my map program and we ended up on Irlo Bronson but the opposite way and in the Super Target lot to make matters worst. Honey! There's a Starbucks! (Yes I am one of those. But really it's more seasonal for the Gingerbread latte, slight addiction).

We also passed the Publex so that is taking care of the other matter we were off property to attend to. I've done Publex before when in the good old days we would get the private car people (before magical express). We were going to do Winn-Dixi but Publex worked out.

Hopefully the day will find us with hot water again as a visit to WL or maybe even a visit to a monorail resort. I am going to find some Christmas today even if I have to poke my head over the MK walls. LOL. ;-). (No worries I hear there is Gingerbread decor at the Contemporary, no Disney police need worry)

Well that is all. Nothing really to report from a parking lot. :)

More later.

Diane

The morning started with coffee and squirrel

I prefer a coffee and donut, but to each his or her own.

followed by a romp at the dog park.

I think the dog park is for dog romping.

In hunting down the Camping World poor Ray got bad directions from my map program and we ended up on Irlo Bronson but the opposite way and in the Super Target lot

You missed the right onto Poinciana Blvd, didn't you, didn't you?

Nothing really to report from a parking lot.

That CW is less that 10 minutes from us.

You can check out the new RVs for sale while you wait.

at Disney I'd prefer a Rice Krispie treat (part breakfast cereal!) with my coffee but the girls insisted on Squirrel what was I to do, it's their vacation too :-D

And I romped right along side as they ran like nuts. As far as missing the right.... It was the navigation systems fault and I'm sticking with that story, if it got me a seasonal coffee it was a happy coincidence;-)

Back at the trailer. Before I forget I should report on how I am reporting! We brought along our own route and cables. We brought our old Apple airport and am happily sitting behind the camper well reporting! So you can bring your own stuff. We tried it last year too but didn't bring cable so just used all Disney stuff in the box. This year we made sure to bring it all. So the pup cam runs while we are out and about on property. If I leave property for say groceries we load everyone in. I worry enough while here if we go farther than the Magic circle than I just sit in the car with them.

We've learned with the trailer and the dog last year we slowed down our Disney activites. Preferring dog walks and riding our bikes around the Fort. I still need to check in on if the bacon jam flat bread is still at Trails End for lunch. We stumbled on that last year and ended up there twice would have been a third but we ran out of vacation time. LOL.

Well after Ray fixes the bypass valve and gets the hot water going we will be dog walking the path behind the 700/800. We enjoyed it when we were on the 900 last year. Peaceful. Followed by a bike ride once the kids are down for a nap. Dinner at the campsite but of course there will be more bike rides and dog walks. And yes ROMPing at the dog park. You can tell who we are. Ray will be standing quietly watching Keely or maybe talking to other parents while his crazy wife runs along with the short corgi. Oh and we are the black&white corgi WITH (cardigan) a tail. There are 2 corgis here that I think are on the 500 without tails (pembrokes).

That's all I have to report for now. We have lizards to watch since they have become more active since this mornings coffee & squirrel. ;-)

Diane

• 2 weeks later...