TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving @ The Fort 2014

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, you posted while I was posting. I was wrong about your turkey. We have some friends who use this method, but they use the pot from a turkey fryer instead of a paint can. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-not-to-cook-a-turkey-under-a-can/?ALLSTEPS

Have a blast in Disneyland! Can't wait to hear all about it! 

CAN.  NOT.  WAIT!!!  To read that report!

Have an amazing time!!!   :yay:  :bravo:  :worship:

Thanks. It's been hard for me to wait, too.

Thanksgiving looks great and what an awesome time coming up for you all.  Safe travels!!

I'll have more Thanksgiving at the Fort to share when I get back.

And a whole lot of Christmas at Disneyland.

Fence posts on Thanksgiving? Weird. Do Disney CMs get holiday pay? I'm guessing not. 

I think I know how you're going to do the turkey without an open flame or oven.... some folks we tailgate with do it... and it's delicious! 

I think that regular CM's do get holiday pay.  CP's don't.

I'll respond to your turkey comment below.

Two great updates!

Can't wait to read your Disneyland report.  Have a great trip.

Thanks.

I can't wait to take the trip so I'll have a report to write.

The ghost got me.

That ghost really wants KFK to come back.

Enjoy the trip!

Thanks.

OK, you posted while I was posting. I was wrong about your turkey. We have some friends who use this method, but they use the pot from a turkey fryer instead of a paint can. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-not-to-cook-a-turkey-under-a-can/?ALLSTEPS

Have a blast in Disneyland! Can't wait to hear all about it! 

I have never seen the paint can thing before.  That's pretty clever.  But, I don't trust it.  I'll stick with my Big Easy.

My guess was that you were going to go on DCL, but Disneyland, wow! That is my dream trip.

Have a wonderful time!

After the Disneyland trip was planned, some incredible DCL deals came up.

But, we've always wanted to go to Disneyland. The twins get free admission there, and CM discounts, so this was the time for us to go.

Wow! it's great to be TCD.    Have a great time and TRY to stay out of trouble. 

I will try.  I have to behave myself somewhat. I don't have the first clue about what we're doing.  I've never been to Disneyland, and never thought I'd go.  So, I know nothing about it.  I've been trying to study up, but there is so much information.  From what I understand, they still use paper FP's out there.  So, it looks like we will rope drop and use our FP skills, and that should get us pretty far.

Have a safe trip.

Best Regards,

Norm

Thanks.

A safe trip would be good.

Did I mention that I'm renting a car?  I have to give that infamous LA traffic a try.

TCD

Yeah!!!!! Soooooooo excited for your Disneyland trip!!!! Have an awesome time!!

Thanks.  Will do.

Stay out of DL on Sunday. Local AP's don't get to go on Saturdays so they all descend on Sundays. It is a madhouse probably worse near the holidays.

Uh-oh.  We will be eligible for EMH (or whatever they call it) on Sunday morning.  So we're going!

From what I understand, that's also a Candlelight Processional night, and they only have two of those.  That ought to bring out a few folks.

So, it's going to be crazy.

I'm not scared.

TCD

Good. Pull up a seat and make yourself comfortable.  This one will be going on for a while.

Well, I wish you had paid a visit to the Fort.  You are right about the weather.  I brought the good weather with me.  It was awesome from Wednesday afternoon until I packed up and went back home on Sunday.

Who are you calling a turkey?

Yes, that was a lot of water.  It's been a long time since I've seen it like that.  But, believe it or not, I've seen worse.  I remember one time that we camped there years ago where every single ditch anywhere in the campground was full of water.

As WBI says below, your chances of snagging that third FP+ are pretty good.

Yes, you are in it.

And your appearance is coming up soon.  We ran into each other on Thanksgiving morning.  And y'all also caught Twin #1 on the job.

Wow.  Even the ghost is here.  That's a good sign.

Yes, you need to start yours.  You have to report on the prince's first trip to the Fort!

Yes, the whole TCD family was there for the afternoon on Thanksgiving.  And for the next morning too.   You were absent until some time after that.

Y'all did good with your FP+ planning.  I couldn't believe it when you told me that you were able to get Mine Train FP+'s on Friday.  That should give a lot of folks visiting for the upcoming busy time some hope.

Good.

Y'all are heading to the Fort soon, right?

Welcome.  The turkey cooking information is coming soon.  We will get to Thanksgiving morning in the next update.  But, the turkey cooking won't start for maybe two more updates.  There was a lot of looping on Thanksgiving morning.  We will get to the turkey cooking in due time.  I promise.

TCD

Yes we are headed to the fort on Friday! So excited we haven't been there since June and we are usually there in October but this year we were to busy with our wedding. How wet were the loops when you left? We are hoping to be in 1600.

Glad to see Rocky making an appearance in your trip report. Disneyland?! That's awesome! Seeing the aftermath from all of that rain nearly gives me a panic attack. We've been in some heavy rain, in our tent, but overall we've been pretty lucky that it wasn't enough to destroy our stuff. We requested the 1500 loop for our January trip. I'm really nervous about ending up in 2000. I've never set foot in that loop, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to end up over there!

Glad to see Rocky making an appearance in your trip report. Disneyland?! That's awesome! Seeing the aftermath from all of that rain nearly gives me a panic attack. We've been in some heavy rain, in our tent, but overall we've been pretty lucky that it wasn't enough to destroy our stuff. We requested the 1500 loop for our January trip. I'm really nervous about ending up in 2000. I've never set foot in that loop, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to end up over there!

I have been in both 1500 and 2000 loops. 2000 has more sites therefore ore people and noise, but have been in 1500 when it had some large groups in it and it was just like 2000 loop. I have no real objections to either loop.

That turkey looks beautiful.  And I'm glad you made gravy.  That's the beauty of the Big Easy compared to turkey fryers....you get the drippings.  You do have to be careful not to use a salty marinade or injection though if you intend to make gravy....or it will be the saltiest gravy in the history of gravy.  Don't ask how I learned that. 

Had a great time at Disneyland.

I can't wait to hear your opinion of Disneyland and California Adventure.

I spent so many days of my youth running around that park. And so I'd love to hear what the what the younger members of the TCD gang think. so I hope you include the twins opinion.

Since they've spent so much of their childhood at the World.

I love your TRs - couldn't agree more about the people who have a major mess at their campsites - sadly there seems to be way more of them then there used to be and you're right Disney management is NOT prepared to deal with them.  Unfortunately though it seems to be the way society is going now and I think it's a basic lack of respect that people have for anything or anyone else anymore.  It makes me sad.  

You'll love Disneyland - initially it just seems so SMALL compared to WDW - everything just seems so close together - but it's great fun - best show there, at least I think, is the World of Colour - absolutely beautiful - on the other hand hubby, who loves roller coaster, is a big fan of California Screamin" - you and your girls will have a blast!  Look forward to hearing what they like best.