Tent camping in a preferred loop

What Tim said.... 

I've seen tents in every loop, even premium. 

While we have an RV, I love tent camping and miss many parts of it. 

And hey, there's good news for you... Lot of Fiends (including me) will be around that weekend. Check out the Official Christmas GG for more info. :)

Haven't ever really noticed generator sounds from RV's, etc. But will I notice the noise sleeping in a tent next to one?

There's no reason I can think of for a generator to be running at the Fort.  Every site has electric hookups.  You might have to listen to the RV A/C running if it's warm enough out....and you'll hear all sorts of boat whistles, fireworks and blaring music from the water parade every night.  But I doubt you'll hear generators. 

We were just in 300 (also preferred) and there was a little bit of everything... tents, popups, giant MHs, you name it.

Our weather was all over the place, so we went from running the AC to the fan to the heat and back again, but the loop was still pretty quiet walking around at night.

One tip... keep your stuff on the pad.

We had a bunch of wacky rain in the past 3 weeks and while the pads themselves did not flood, the area between the sites had a LOT of water in it in some places.

Thanks for all the advice! But during all these discussions, I was able to find an opening for a "Tent or Popup" site for the same time period. I went ahead and booked it, and cancelled the previous "Preferred" site. Now I just need to do whatever I can to get in the 1500 Loop.

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the advice! But during all these discussions, I was able to find an opening for a "Tent or Popup" site for the same time period. I went ahead and booked it, and cancelled the previous "Preferred" site. Now I just need to do whatever I can to get in the 1500 Loop.

Thanks again!

The fax works!

How early did you send the fax? Is multiple faxes good, bad, annoying, helpful?

Multiple faxes are annoying and will probably get you the site that holds water on the tent pad :argh:

One fax sent two days before.

Actually, I think two days is a little too late.  The best description of the room assignemtn process and faxing requests I have read is on Allears.net

They specifically say:

No requests should be sent until 4 days prior to actual check-in. The resorts do not get to download the reservations from the DRC computers until 10 days before your arrival and the room assigners generally block your rooms 3 days before. If you fax a request to a resort before they have the reservation in their computers and are ready to assign it, they will file it in a special "pass" folder. That folder should be checked daily to pull out faxes that came in early but there is always the chance yours could be missed. The best way to avoid getting in the Pass folder is to not send in your request until 4 days before.

Figure your 4 days prior to arrival this way:

Thursday - Arrival day/check-in

Wednesday - 1 day prior

Tuesday - 2 days prior

Monday - 3 days prior

Sunday - 4 days prior

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again!

You might consider the 3000 loop too. I keep hearing it is really something special although I have yet to find where it is located.  :rofl2: