Fiends

First time poster.

We are making our first RV trip to FW in March 2015.  We stayed in the cabins previously and really enjoyed it.  This will be the first "long" trip in our new 35ft Class C with slides on both sides.

We requested a Premium Site

Traveling with a small dog (non barking most of the time ;) )

Will be renting a golf cart.

Some privacy would be nice.

The kids are older so access to a CS in the loop is nice but being real close is not necessary.  Playground is not needed. Wildlife/fishing a plus.

Does anyone have some preferred sites?  I was thinking Loop 900 becuase it appears to have fewer sites but with its own CS and close to the Trading Post.  Thoughts on other loops/sites would be appreciated.

I have the app and have looked over the sites but am looking for "personal" experiences.

Not trying to be too prescriptive but from other post it seems the more info I can provide the better the experts can respond :rolleyes:

Also, perhaps more importantly, trying to understand the process for making the specific requests.  When we reserved on-line we did not provide a preferred loop.  Our current thinking is to call/fax in January then follow-up 10-14 days before arrival.

Saw Lou's advice on parking in overflow then visiting the loop to see open sites sounds great.

Thanks Everyone!

We really enjoy 900, specifically 932, but that is only steps from the Comfort Station. Back in the 915 - 918 range will get you back in the quieter part of the loop. Loop 1000 also is a small loop and shares the comfort station with 900. 1004 is the closest to the CS, so in the 1010 - 1012 range might be good for you. Also check out the site app for lengths of those sites.

But yes, note your loop request in your reservation, then note it in a fax about 5 days out, then you can also note it when you do online checkin.

Fiends

First time poster.

We are making our first RV trip to FW in March 2015. We stayed in the cabins previously and really enjoyed it. This will be the first "long" trip in our new 35ft Class C with slides on both sides.

We requested a Premium Site

Traveling with a small dog (non barking most of the time ;) )

Will be renting a golf cart.

Some privacy would be nice.

The kids are older so access to a CS in the loop is nice but being real close is not necessary. Playground is not needed. Wildlife/fishing a plus.

Does anyone have some preferred sites? I was thinking Loop 900 becuase it appears to have fewer sites but with its own CS and close to the Trading Post. Thoughts on other loops/sites would be appreciated.

I have the app and have looked over the sites but am looking for "personal" experiences.

Not trying to be too prescriptive but from other post it seems the more info I can provide the better the experts can respond :rolleyes:

Also, perhaps more importantly, trying to understand the process for making the specific requests. When we reserved on-line we did not provide a preferred loop. Our current thinking is to call/fax in January then follow-up 10-14 days before arrival.

Saw Lou's advice on parking in overflow then visiting the loop to see open sites sounds great.

Thanks Everyone!

Welcome!

We always request the 900 loop and usually get the site we request. We like 912, 914 or 915 if we can't the first two. They are in the back of the loop, no one backs up to you and plenty of privacy. Once you get past 915, the campsites are getting close to the group camping area and it can get noisy. Welcome to the group!

Welcome!!  We haven't stayed in 900 yet, but have scoped it out when we were there and made a note of a few sites there that would work well for us and our pups in terms of size, relative privacy, and location to the dog walk...

There are also some sites in 500 that fit the same bill, with 500 also being close to the dog park and having it's own CS...