Welcome!

There's a huge display on the 1600 loop near the main road.  A bunch of Fiends are converging on the Fort as we speak.  Hopefully they can chime in with some other recommendations.

I saw this one and it was pretty neat. I overheard him talking to some other visitors and he did not have kind words about Disney and said they're squeezing out big displays. :(

There are a few nice displays.  Our site is all decorated (1016) and a few sites in this loop are decorated but not overly done.  Not many are decorating this year.  It is sad....not the same as it use to be.   And we have to turn the lights off at 10:30 and yet many people are still driving around much later than that wanting to see the decorations.  Several people have stopped at our site to thank us for decorating and telling us they love that we do this for "them".

I am going to see if they have the site decoration contest this year.  I would guess they won't if they are trying to do away with them.  The Fort is not the same and I miss the way it "was".       :mh1:  :camp1:  :thtray:  

There are a few nice displays.  Our site is all decorated (1016) and a few sites in this loop are decorated but not overly done.  Not many are decorating this year.  It is sad....not the same as it use to be.   And we have to turn the lights off at 10:30 and yet many people are still driving around much later than that wanting to see the decorations.  Several people have stopped at our site to thank us for decorating and telling us they love that we do this for "them".

I am going to see if they have the site decoration contest this year.  I would guess they won't if they are trying to do away with them.  The Fort is not the same and I miss the way it "was".       :mh1:  :camp1:  :thtray:  

When I wandered past your site this morning, I noticed that they left a decorations note on your windshield...... :(

Yep.  We turned the lights strings off this evening.  Incidently we have seen rangers go by much after 11 p.m. and not say a word about hthe decorations.  I'm old enough to remember when the Fort was fun.  They now seem to be cracking down on the wrong things...like  not botheringthe 4 vehicles we saw at one site last evening.

Hello we just left the fort this morning after 10 days there. We left our lights on every night till about 11:30 and never got any notes left about them being on. I do think its kinda weird that they gave that notice out when the last sleigh ride left the settlement at 10:30 and we had them going by our site in the 700 loop almost 11:00. The amount of sites that had holiday decorations  were down this year.