My son and I walked about 1/2 mile of the old Fort Wilderness Railroad today. As soon as you walk into the woods from the road near the 1500 loop (Left side of the bridge) you hit the old steel rails...Still in place frozen in time...They are very difficult to follow as they are covered with thick brush...We came out covered in brambles but we had a great time exploring and even found a few lose spikes alongside the track...Pictures are now posted further down...Enjoy!

As you can see from the pics the brush is very thick and we had to crouch and crawl to get through...There are quite a few trees that have grown up through the tracks in the 30+ years its been idle...This one tree MIGHT just replace the lawnmower tree as its slowly envelopes the track...way cool...This would be an awesome "forgotten Disney" tour if ever cleared but right now if you have the gumption its yours for the exploring!  We had a great time!

I took that same hike about 4 years ago and he is not kidding when he says the brush is thick.  As an active railfan I have hiked many abandoned rail lines and this one was by far the hardest one that I have done.  Somewhere I have a pictures of the bridge that he is talking about that was taken before it was dismantled and I'll try to find it to post.