Some of you have the most amazing pictures of your trips. I am wondering if you have any advice for a beginner? I try and shoot everyday but always get frustrated and switch my camera back to automatic. I have  digital cannon rebel. Any books or websites?

Gwen is the photo expert. I have a Canon Rebel T3i and leave it on Automatic without flash 90% of the time. Every once in a while I'll switch to Sports mode for photographing shows, or macro mode for getting flowers and plants.

Rarely do I turn on flash.

The best advice is to learn how the camera works first. Not the settings on your particular camera, but basic photography stuff. What is ISO and how does it affect the photo. Aperture, shutter speed, white balance. Take your camera out and shoot using each of the selections on your command dial. Aperture priority, shutter priority, manual, and program mode. Once you get the basics down and know how they all work you can start working your way up to manual.

One thing that can't be taught is having the "eye". Meaning you see something and are able to capture that moment. You can predict it and are ready for it.

To be honest with you, if I'm not setting up a photo shoot I shoot on program mode. This allows me some control over the camera but still lets the camera pick some of the best settings. This way I can catch those great moments without fidgeting with trying to change settings throughout the parade or show.

Gwen is the photo expert. I have a Canon Rebel T3i and leave it on Automatic without flash 90% of the time. Every once in a while I'll switch to Sports mode for photographing shows, or macro mode for getting flowers and plants.

Rarely do I turn on flash.

Wow, thanks Carol!  But I am no means an expert.

You've received some really good advice.  Many years ago I had a good SLR.  I was heavily into photography.  Studied and studied.  At the time I lived next door to a professional photographer, and he taught me a lot.  One of the most useful things I learned from him was to take many, many pictures and throw away most of them -- never let your viewers see the duds.

But DSLR photography is so much more complicated! The equipment is so much harder to understand.  The camera will do so much for me that I had to do manually before.  When I got my new DSLR (Nikon D7100) I hardly knew where to start.  But at the time Creative Live had a really good introductory course on my camera for less than $20.  It really helped me get up and running.  I was able to download the course, and I still refer to it.

As devores said, the "eye" can't be taught.  You either have it, or you don't.  If you don't have it, the best you can do to compensate is to take many, many pictures.

And like devores again, I shoot on program mode 95% of the time.  Especially while at WDW.  I'm shooting too fast to fiddle with settings.  I average 75-100 photos an hour while in the parks.  

You need to really know how your camera responds in different situations.  And that can only come with lots of practice!

BTW, Creative Live has many photography courses that are free.

I use a Canon 7D. I see they offer the Rebel in at least 5 models. I have used Canon site for how to's much is model specific but does help with general use and functions. http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/photography/photography.shtml

I also use Youtube videos. Here are some Rebel videos. https://m.youtube.com/results?q=canon%20rebel%20t3i%20tutorial&sm=1

I use the AV mode, but have custom settings to handle backlit subjects like birds in flight against bright sky.