Buddy's amazing feat

Here's an amazing thing that happened at the Fort today.

We stayed in site 911 for a few days over the Labor Day weekend. While we were there today riding our bikes we decided to stop at TCD's site, yes, you heard me correctly, to let Buddy walk around. It appeared that he was on a mission to get somewhere so we just let him lead the way. He not only took us the the 900 loop from the 1500 loop but to site 911. When we got there, he plopped himself down next to the RV that was there as if it were his MH.

He didn't stop at any other sites. When we got very close, he hesitated for a second, but then got his bearings straight and went right to the site 

If you know the Fort layout, then you know that in order to get to the 900 loop from the 1500 loop, you have to cross the road, walk around the pool, past the Trading Post, and cross another road. The little rascal new exactly where he needed to go.

Wow, he must really love that site, time to get another MH so that Buddy will be happy  :banana:

I thought my Buddy was doing amazing when we pull off of I-4 and headed to the Fort he gets so excited because he knows he is at the Fort, but we I don't think he has a favorate site  :banana:

I thought my Buddy was doing amazing when we pull off of I-4 and headed to the Fort he gets so excited because he knows he is at the Fort.

I wonder how they know? Is it a smell when they reach a certain point?

I'm going to kidnap your little Buddy someday, he's so cute.

The strange thing about our Buddy finding the site is that usually he stops every 10 feet to sniff and mark the spot, but yesterday he just took off and didn't stop. Gail & I looked at each other about half way there and said he can't be doing what we think he's doing.

I guess it's not that unusal. I'm sure we've all heard the stories of cats & dogs finding their way home from long distances. 

Beats me but Brady does this all the time.

Mind you he only goes to the Fort once a year (although this year will be his 7th) and he starts whining, crying and carrying on every time we pull into the Fort checkin area for the first time!

But the crazy part is that we're in the car for 2 days on the way home, most of which he sleeps during. We also usually get home in the dark.  The *second* we pull off the main road in our town onto one particular street (about 2 miles from our house) he pops up and starts barking!

He also is the one that carries on when we get close to our parents' and grandparents' houses, and our good friends' farm.

There are also 3 spots around town that, whenever I'm on those streets, he barks in the EXACT same spot every time!  Doesn't matter if I come at it from a different route, what day, what time of day or night... he just KNOWS!

spooky.....