• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rick Springfield will be there on October 12th & 13th. We leave on the 11th. Surely Steve could travel back home alone with the girls.

The Disney Parks Blog just posted that the Food and Wine food booths will be expanding in to Future World this year:   http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/07/20th-epcot-international-food-wine-

So after the big splash made by Puerto Rico in 2014, including rumors that Puerto Rico wanted to sponsor a full-time pavilion in Epcot, they just disappear for 2015?   Muy extraño.   TCD

It was crazy busy today. Lines were long at every vendor, at least a 20 minute wait. The line for the Italian shop stretched past the main Italian area down to the bridge that goes to a little sitting area.

Regular Chase holders were allowed into the lounge on opening weekend. It was very muggy and humid that Sunday. The coke freestyle machines were nice!

Hey- how about some first-hand reports on the food and/or drinks?

Was anything outstanding?

Was anything bad?

TCD

Hey- how about some first-hand reports on the food and/or drinks?

Was anything outstanding?

Was anything bad?

TCD

My 10 year old granddaughter had this from the Chew Labs

Olive Oil-Poached Salmon with Fresh Corn, Bacon, and Pepper Jam, $5.75

I'm pretty sure she liked, it, she inhaled it and gave it a thumbs up.  No taste for me, but I did get to eat the pepper jam which had a nice balance of sweet and spicy.

My oldest daughter and I had this from Australia

Grilled sweet and spicy bush berry shrimp with pineapple, peppers, onions, and snap peas – $4.75

It had a good kick to it, but it was only 3 medium sized shrimp, and I lost one to my granddaughter who discovered it was pretty spicy.  There were maybe 3 pea pods, 1 piece of pineapple and some overcooked pepper and onion pieces.

My other daughter got this

Coopers Brewery Extra Strong Vintage Ale – $3.75 

I got a sip, kind of like an IPA, very small cup.

This looked good, still at Australia, and they grill to order.  I'm going to try that next time

Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies – $6.00

One or both daughters got this from Hawaii

Kālua pork slider with sweet and sour Dole® Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise* – $4.00

They didn't say much about it, and they had it while we were at the Chew, so I don't know how big it was or what it looked like

This site has the menus and the prices which is pretty handy...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

I would've liked to try the New England Lobster Roll – $7.50 from Hops and Barley, or the Pescado con coco: Seared grouper, pigeon peas and rice with coconut sauce – $4.75 from the Dominican Republic, mainly because my wife doesn't like seafood, so we never have it at home.  They will be my stops next time.

The food lines were all long, you could easily spend 20 minutes or more getting each sample.

If you want to get the stamp for the wine glass, the place in Innoventions was hard to find.

There was a door labeled something about photos.  It was facing The Land Pavilion and around the corner from the FP kiosk area.

My 10 year old granddaughter had this from the Chew Labs

Olive Oil-Poached Salmon with Fresh Corn, Bacon, and Pepper Jam, $5.75

I'm pretty sure she liked, it, she inhaled it and gave it a thumbs up.  No taste for me, but I did get to eat the pepper jam which had a nice balance of sweet and spicy.

My oldest daughter and I had this from Australia

Grilled sweet and spicy bush berry shrimp with pineapple, peppers, onions, and snap peas – $4.75

It had a good kick to it, but it was only 3 medium sized shrimp, and I lost one to my granddaughter who discovered it was pretty spicy.  There were maybe 3 pea pods, 1 piece of pineapple and some overcooked pepper and onion pieces.

My other daughter got this

Coopers Brewery Extra Strong Vintage Ale – $3.75 

I got a sip, kind of like an IPA, very small cup.

This looked good, still at Australia, and they grill to order.  I'm going to try that next time

Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies – $6.00

One or both daughters got this from Hawaii

Kālua pork slider with sweet and sour Dole® Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise* – $4.00

They didn't say much about it, and they had it while we were at the Chew, so I don't know how big it was or what it looked like

This site has the menus and the prices which is pretty handy...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

I would've liked to try the New England Lobster Roll – $7.50 from Hops and Barley, or the Pescado con coco: Seared grouper, pigeon peas and rice with coconut sauce – $4.75 from the Dominican Republic, mainly because my wife doesn't like seafood, so we never have it at home.  They will be my stops next time.

The food lines were all long, you could easily spend 20 minutes or more getting each sample.

If you want to get the stamp for the wine glass, the place in Innoventions was hard to find.

There was a door labeled something about photos.  It was facing The Land Pavilion and around the corner from the FP kiosk area.

Thanks, Mark.

The Chew Lab is new this year, so I don't know what any of that stuff is.

I've had the Lamb Chop before, and it's good- as long as you like lamb.  It's kind of greasy, but that's the way lamb is.

I've also had the Lobster Roll.  It's also good, but it's overpriced.  Even by Disney standards.  The Dominican Republic food booth is new this year- I'm going to give that a try when I get the chance.

I figured the free wine glass thing would be a hassle.  I'm not going to mess with that.

Sorry about the 20 minute waits.  That's no fun.

I'm scheming to go on a week night.

TCD

Thanks, Mark.

The Chew Lab is new this year, so I don't know what any of that stuff is.

I've had the Lamb Chop before, and it's good- as long as you like lamb.  It's kind of greasy, but that's the way lamb is.

I've also had the Lobster Roll.  It's also good, but it's overpriced.  Even by Disney standards.  The Dominican Republic food booth is new this year- I'm going to give that a try when I get the chance.

I figured the free wine glass thing would be a hassle.  I'm not going to mess with that.

Sorry about the 20 minute waits.  That's no fun.

I'm scheming to go on a week night.

TCD

They said the last time the Dominican was there was 2007.

The line to get the wine glass stamp was long, but it went quick.

Once they checked that you were a passholder they had different lines for the 1st stamp, 2cd stamp and glass pick up.

I'm off Columbus Day, trying to talk my wife into going, but my granddaughter has school.  So we would either have to get her out early, or wait until 1:15 then drive over.

I think the lines were long because the way you order, pay, then get your food.  They have multiple registers, but you can't get to them because of the way the lines are laid out.  They should do it like a bank where you stop in front of them and they call you up.  The lines were coming in from a side and you had a hard time seeing open registers and getting past the people in front of you, then trying to get back in line to head towards the food pick up.

France and Italy's lines were crazy long, and so was the German beer garden?

Good to know about the lobster roll, might  look for something else, but I think I'll skip the Haggis! :lol:

We only made a few stops since that day was our departure day. We had breakfast at Trails End and packed up--arrived at Epcot around 11:30. We went left and started at Mexico. The line there was long (probably because it was the first area). We kept moving and these were our stops:

Africa--we enjoyed both the beef and chicken

Germany--the bratwurst/pretzel roll and the pasta gratin with ham and cheese (was just a large hunk of cheese--we had one small piece of ham)

America--Lobster roll (not even close to being worth the 7.50. Skip it.)

France--two boxes of macaroons in the bakery. Worth it!

Canada--beef (was well done and hard) and cheese soup. This booth is so over-rated.

Refreshment port--Cronut and Dole Whip

Hawaii--pork sliders (good flavor, would get again)

Overall not much food and we spent $80. Wish we were closer for a weekday visit. We would have done more if we didn't have the 7 hour drive home, if the lines had been shorter, and if we didn't have our 2 year old with us.

The line for the passholder glass was very long. We didn't wait.

We only made a few stops since that day was our departure day. We had breakfast at Trails End and packed up--arrived at Epcot around 11:30. We went left and started at Mexico. The line there was long (probably because it was the first area). We kept moving and these were our stops:

Africa--we enjoyed both the beef and chicken

Germany--the bratwurst/pretzel roll and the pasta gratin with ham and cheese (was just a large hunk of cheese--we had one small piece of ham)

America--Lobster roll (not even close to being worth the 7.50. Skip it.)

France--two boxes of macaroons in the bakery. Worth it!

Canada--beef (was well done and hard) and cheese soup. This booth is so over-rated.

Refreshment port--Cronut and Dole Whip

Hawaii--pork sliders (good flavor, would get again)

Overall not much food and we spent $80. Wish we were closer for a weekday visit. We would have done more if we didn't have the 7 hour drive home, if the lines had been shorter, and if we didn't have our 2 year old with us.

The line for the passholder glass was very long. We didn't wait.

Thanks for posting this.

I don't think I would be ready to eat anything after a Trail's End breakfast.

I agree with you about the Lobster Roll.

It's a shame what has happened to the Canada booth.  That used to be one of our favorites, but they have really lowered the quality.

That stinks about the line for the passholder glass.  Like Disney didn't anticipate this would be popular?

TCD

Thanks for posting this.

I don't think I would be ready to eat anything after a Trail's End breakfast.

I agree with you about the Lobster Roll.

It's a shame what has happened to the Canada booth.  That used to be one of our favorites, but they have really lowered the quality.

That stinks about the line for the passholder glass.  Like Disney didn't anticipate this would be popular?

TCD

The glass line was long, but it was a lot shorter wait than the food lines.  It went pretty quick, it took us longer to find where it was than the actual wait in line.

Disney must be raking in the big $$$ just on alcohol sales.  Saturday there were lots of groups/friends walking around with various custom matching shirts and most of the themes involved drinking their way around the World!  And you couldn't go more than a couple of feet without seeing someone with a beer or wine in their hand.

Was the Craft Beer Hall new this year?  Last time we went to the Food and Wine, craft beer was still in it's infancy and brewed in someone's garage or basement.

We never made it over to it, it's kind of off the beaten path if you are getting tired of walking around...

Thanks for the reviews, folks!

As a New Englander, I cannot in good conscience pay that price for that lobster roll. I'm going to buy lobsters this week to freeze/pack for the GG lobster mac and cheese.  They're $5.99/lb right now.  And fresh.

All the reviews I've heard on the beef in Canada this year have been the same as yours - overcooked and tough.  I guess I'll save a few bucks there.  :(

We're planning to steer clear of the weekends ...and planning to collect as many AP glasses as we can.  8)

Keep those reviews coming!!!

Thanks for the reviews, folks!

As a New Englander, I cannot in good conscience pay that price for that lobster roll. I'm going to buy lobsters this week to freeze/pack for the GG lobster mac and cheese.  They're $5.99/lb right now.  And fresh.

All the reviews I've heard on the beef in Canada this year have been the same as yours - overcooked and tough.  I guess I'll save a few bucks there.  :(

We're planning to steer clear of the weekends ...and planning to collect as many AP glasses as we can.  B)

Keep those reviews coming!!!

Saturday we saw someone walking out with a glass already.

Must've been one of those nasty locals that clog the Parks!  :P

Do they limit each passholder to 1 glass since they scan your MB?

Was the Craft Beer Hall new this year?  Last time we went to the Food and Wine, craft beer was still in it's infancy and brewed in someone's garage or basement.

We never made it over to it, it's kind of off the beaten path if you are getting tired of walking around...

No, the Craft Beer area was there last year (which I think was the first year).  It's in the old Odyssey restaurant, and there's a very nice, very well air conditioned seating area in there.

You are absolutely right about it being a nice place to go if you're tired of walking around.

TCD

Disney Food Blog has posted a new article with a review of the Festival Center...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/10/08/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-festival-center-tour/

Some excerpts...

Festival-Center-Food-and-Wine-Festival-1

Festival Center Map

Intermissions Cafe

You’ll find returning favorites, like the Caposaldo Peach Moscato, but you’ll also find Festival Firsts, including the Festival Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon and Ace Hard Pumpkin Cider.

Intermissions Cafe Menu

Passholder exclusive merchandise is also on display. During opening weekend, the lines were pretty long for these items.

Passholder Merchandise

Details on Passholder Exclusive Merchandise

In addition, you can catch a glimpse of the Dooney & Bourke Food and Wine Festival Collection.

Dooney & Bourke Food & Wine Festival Collection

20th Anniversary Food and Wine Festival Poster

Cheese Seminar Place Settings

You’ll also find The Chocolate Bar, home to delicious Drinking Chocolate.

The Chocolate Bar Menu — Click to Enlarge

New at the Festival — Wine Sampling Machines

Pay at the Wine Shop register for either a $5 sample or an $8 sample, and you’re given a glass. Take it to the Cast Member and he or she will assist you with the self-serve machines.

With thanks to Jason for passing along this info!

hero.jpg

We invite you to visit MASTER OF THE ROAST: the quest for the perfect cup hosted by Joffrey's at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival.

Here, you will be able to share in our passion for coffee and see live coffee trees, learn about the world's growing regions and methods for brewing the perfect cup. And we are extremely proud to present live roasting demos where you will learn how we roast coffees selected for the Disney Parks and Resorts Specialty Coffee Collection.
demo.jpg

LIVE ROASTING DEMOS! Experience a live coffee roasting demo by Joffrey's very own Roastmasters. They'll share their roasting skills and knowledge so you can see, first hand, how the specialty grade beans are perfectly roasted for your enjoyment.
Hours: Saturday & Sundays - 12 pm | 1 pm | 2:30 pm | 3:30 pm

While you are enjoying your time at Epcot®, try any of our coffees from our Disney Parks & Resorts Specialty Coffee Collection served at the Joffrey's Coffee Kiosks, or purchase online at joffreys.com.

bags.jpg
Experience Joffrey's specialty beverages featured in the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Passport at our many kiosks:
cup1.jpg
Tropical Delight
with Grey Goose® Vodka
Located at the Port of Entry Coffee Cart (Near Odyssey)
cup3.jpg
Frozen or Hot Chai Latte
with Baileys Irish Créme®
Located at the Showcase Coffee Cart (Between United Kingdom & Canada)
cup2.jpg
Frozen Strawberry Lemon Sunset
with Grey Goose® Vodka
Located at the American Adventure Coffee Cart
cup4.jpg
Iced Coffee Dream
with Baileys Irish Créme®
Located at the Future World Coffee Cart (Near MouseGear and the Master of the Roast Experience)

What is usually in the Festival Center?

I don't think I've ever seen that or been in it.

I had to search for it on a map to see where it was located.

I assume you mean what's in it the rest of the year?

It's the old Wonders of Life pavilion.  It used to have the Body Wars and Cranium Command attractions, along with a bunch of interactive exhibits.

That all got shut down a few years ago, and now the space just gets used on special occasions, like the Food and Wine and Flower and Garden Festivals.

The entrances to the old attractions are still in the pavilion (and I would guess that the attractions are still there too).  They're hidden behind props.

TCD

I assume you mean what's in it the rest of the year?

It's the old Wonders of Life pavilion.  It used to have the Body Wars and Cranium Command attractions, along with a bunch of interactive exhibits.

That all got shut down a few years ago, and now the space just gets used on special occasions, like the Food and Wine and Flower and Garden Festivals.

The entrances to the old attractions are still in the pavilion (and I would guess that the attractions are still there too).  They're hidden behind props.

TCD

I vaguely remember the Body Wars, it wasn't that good if I remember correctly.

It's a shame they have just abandoned exhibits/rides and not replaced them.