Rocking Chairs back at Crockett's Tavern.... I hope for good

We were at the fort on Saturday for dinner manager came up asked if everything was ok we said yes but, with how hard it is to get a reservation at the fort why don't you

Add more loops. Quote dot worry big changes comeing soon you will like. Tried to get him to tell us more he would not.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought this subject up last fall, and Lou.. yes that Lou, said it's only the weekends when the Fort fills up.  During the week there are a lot of empty sites.   So, maybe they should make some addi

Over the years there have been many, many things that have disappeared from the Fort.  The train, the peacocks, swimming in the lake, the totem poles, the covered wagon, the River Country wagon, the l

I read on a FB page that the high top tables have been removed and the Rocking Chairs are back as of today!  

When we can't get a picnic table we usually just head to the marina and snag a table there.  Unless it's fireworks/EWP time, there seem to always be some open.  Plus who doesn't like waterslide dining?   B)

Getting off track (slightly), years ago when the kids were younger we used to stop at the Fort for lunch/dinner when we visited Orlando.

We would take the Tram down to the Settlement Trading Post and visit the deli where we would get made to order sandwiches, pickles, chips, sodas, and a $1 beer for dad.  We would then head down to the beach, grab a table, and if it was warm enough let the kids swim while we relaxed.  Yes, we let them swim in that bacteria infested lake water and they had a blast.  We usually hit the petting zoo before heading back out.

We would take the Tram down to the Settlement Trading Post and visit the deli where we would get made to order sandwiches, pickles, chips, sodas, and a $1 beer for dad.

I'd love to have the deli back.  I'd think that something like that would do a pretty good business - I know we'd use it.

As for $1 beers (queue the Ann Murray)

"Dreamin'... I must be dreamin'..."

Getting off track (slightly), years ago when the kids were younger we used to stop at the Fort for lunch/dinner when we visited Orlando.

We would take the Tram down to the Settlement Trading Post and visit the deli where we would get made to order sandwiches, pickles, chips, sodas, and a $1 beer for dad.  We would then head down to the beach, grab a table, and if it was warm enough let the kids swim while we relaxed.  Yes, we let them swim in that bacteria infested lake water and they had a blast.  We usually hit the petting zoo before heading back out.

Sounds like great memories. wish we could do that now.  Funny how times have changed, now it's huge groups getting dropped off at the pool with big coolers and taking over the tables for the day...... :mellow:

We were at the fort on Saturday for dinner manager came up asked if everything was ok we said yes but, with how hard it is to get a reservation at the fort why don't you

Add more loops. Quote dot worry big changes comeing soon you will like. Tried to get him to tell us more he would not.

I can't believe no one has commented on this yet.....  (I guess I just did  :lol:   )

If I had a nickel for every time a random CM said something like this and nothing actually happened... I'd be at the Fort right now!  :rofl2:

I reserve all commentary until I see any sort of official anything from Disney. 

Wait, I take that back.  We've seen actual, documented, official plans for a DVC at the Fort - a project where the permits have already expired and the project has been reportedly shelved (at least for now).

I amend my previous comment about commentary to "until they actually DO something."

Until then, we can at least have fun speculating.   8)

If I had a nickel for every time a random CM said something like this and nothing actually happened... I'd be at the Fort right now!  :rofl2:

I reserve all commentary until I see any sort of official anything from Disney. 

Wait, I take that back.  We've seen actual, documented, official plans for a DVC at the Fort - a project where the permits have already expired and the project has been reportedly shelved (at least for now).

I amend my previous comment about commentary to "until they actually DO something."

Until then, we can at least have fun speculating.   B)

Exactly   Let the speculating begin!      I say we're going to get a couple of those caravan lots on one end and a whole set of 3000-3900 loops on the other.... :lol:

Somebody email Jim Hill quick and ask him to tell us all what is going on. He is sure to know....

Do it!!!

Exactly   Let the speculating begin!      I say we're going to get a couple of those caravan lots on one end and a whole set of 3000-3900 loops on the other.... :lol:

I'm going with Fort management saying "They want rocking chairs?  We'll give them rocking chairs!"

...and then they replace all the lounge chairs on the beach with rockers, turning it into an old age home beachfront activities room.

Do it!!!

I'm going with Fort management saying "They want rocking chairs?  We'll give them rocking chairs!"

...and then they replace all the lounge chairs on the beach with rockers, turning it into an old age home beachfront activities room.

I can deal with that as long as they keep the plan to put beer taps in every site on the new 3000 loop...... :)

I brought this subject up last fall, and Lou.. yes that Lou, said it's only the weekends when the Fort fills up.  During the week there are a lot of empty sites.

So, maybe they should make some additional loops that are only open Friday thru Monday for the weekend crowd.  The rest of the week they could chain/gate it off and lock the comfort stations.

No cleaning, no trash pick up.  Just a quick spruce up late Thursday or early Friday before the chains/gates come down. 

Problem solved.

I brought this subject up last fall, and Lou.. yes that Lou, said it's only the weekends when the Fort fills up.  During the week there are a lot of empty sites.

So, maybe they should make some additional loops that are only open Friday thru Monday for the weekend crowd.  The rest of the week they could chain/gate it off and lock the comfort stations.

No cleaning, no trash pick up.  Just a quick spruce up late Thursday or early Friday before the chains/gates come down. 

Problem solved.

That's where a couple of those euro-style caravan lots would come in handy (there was a pic in a recent TR here, but now I can't find it...)  They could even use that for those people who rent a "throw-away site" just to get the on-property bennies....    

• 4 months later...

I am pleased to break the news that the high top tables and chairs have completely vanished from the porch. It's just rocking chairs and picnic tables again. There are still only two picnic tables.

TCD

I'm a failure for not reporting this in April. Has it really been that long since you've been to the Fort? What have you been up to? LOL

I'm a failure for not reporting this in April. Has it really been that long since you've been to the Fort? What have you been up to? LOL

Yes, you really dropped the ball.  I had no idea that the tables have been gone that long.

I was trying to remember when the last time was that I stopped by the Fort for a GAG.  Since it was too long for me to remember, that meant it was too long.

Here's a couple of photos showing that those wretched pieces of crap are finally gone:

6%2013%2015%20186_zpsaudfe3n1.jpg

6%2013%2015%20187_zpsm92icwlg.jpg

TCD

• 2 years later...

Over the years there have been many, many things that have disappeared from the Fort.  The train, the peacocks, swimming in the lake, the totem poles, the covered wagon, the River Country wagon, the lawnmower tree....just to name a few.  Everything on that list either had a good reason, such as maintenance issues, or while they impacted the ambiance of the resort, they maybe didn't directly impact my enjoyability of spending time there.  But this one crosses a line.  There is nothing I enjoy more than some quality rocking chair time on the porch.  In fact, when I'm at the Fort, I do it AT LEAST twice per day.  I enjoy coffee on that porch in the morning, while Anna plays on the playground.  And I enjoy a beverage in the late afternoon, before we embark on our evening dinner plans whether they be back at the campsite or off on a boat or bus for a dining adventure.  Those rocking chairs are a big part of The Fort to me.  Yes, all of the other things I listed above were enjoyable, but as I said, I understand why the train went.  I don't necessarily understand why the River Country wagon is gone, but its removal, which we personally witnessed on March 18, 2010, hasn't really impacted me.  This does.  And this one actually hurts more than the MSB cinnamon rolls.  

LCpsKYyHFx0h430iHh3GI-9FemVXviLckoqfUy0e

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I disapprove of this. Rocking chairs belong on that porch.

X2!!

But seriously, why DO they keep disappearing and reappearing?  Is there some secret bi-quarterly, semi-monthly meeting of the SuperSecret Rocking Chair Society somewhere that requires moving them all off the porch from time to time?  Has anyone ever seen them being removed or brought back, or does this only happen under cover of darkness?

I think we need a Fiend to take up residence on the porch and keep watch so that we can solve The Mystery of The Disappearing (and Reappearing) Rocking Chairs - which also sounds like a great episode of Scooby Doo.

Oh and I volunteer as tribute.