Rocking Chairs back at Crockett's Tavern.... I hope for good

34 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Has anyone ever seen them being removed or brought back, or does this only happen under cover of darkness?

Is that a trick question?

Not only have I seen it, I have a photo of Brown Paint Guy delivering some freshly painted chairs (I had to dig deep in the TCD archives for this photos- it's from 2010) :

[IMG]

TCD

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I brought this subject up last fall, and Lou.. yes that Lou, said it's only the weekends when the Fort fills up.  During the week there are a lot of empty sites.   So, maybe they should make some addi

Over the years there have been many, many things that have disappeared from the Fort.  The train, the peacocks, swimming in the lake, the totem poles, the covered wagon, the River Country wagon, the l

I read on a FB page that the high top tables have been removed and the Rocking Chairs are back as of today!  

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Not only have I seen it, I have a photo of Brown Paint Guy delivering some freshly painted chairs (I had to dig deep in the TCD archives for this photos- it's from 2010) :

[IMG]

TCD

So is this evidence that the chairs are simply gone to be repainted before the Spring Break Crush descends on the Fort?  If that's the case, why don't they buy more chairs, and rotate them into and out of BPG's shop so that there is never a chairless day at the Fort? 

That porch, as well as the porches at both Trading Posts, should be LINED with chairs.  If Cracker Barrel can do it, why can't Disney?  (yes, I realize CB is selling the dadgum things....imagine how much the Mouse could charge for Fort rocking chairs?)

6 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

So is this evidence that the chairs are simply gone to be repainted before the Spring Break Crush descends on the Fort?  If that's the case, why don't they buy more chairs, and rotate them into and out of BPG's shop so that there is never a chairless day at the Fort? 

That porch, as well as the porches at both Trading Posts, should be LINED with chairs.  If Cracker Barrel can do it, why can't Disney?  (yes, I realize CB is selling the dadgum things....imagine how much the Mouse could charge for Fort rocking chairs?)

I would totally buy a Fort rocking chair!  I hope the Fort big wigs are reading this one - they could make a lot of money selling those rocking chairs.

6 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Absolutely!  And even if they're too cheap to buy more chairs, it shouldn't take more than a week to get the existing ones painted and back on the porch. 

But, BPG isn't getting any younger. 

TCD 

8 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Ohhh, they could have the PC Musketless Mickey engraved on the arms, and add Mickey ears on the back.  A quick $450 for the Fort!

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Absolutely!  And even if they're too cheap to buy more chairs, it shouldn't take more than a week to get the existing ones painted and back on the porch. 

But, BPG isn't getting any younger. 

TCD 

Maybe they should spend the big bucks and purchase him a spray gun!

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

[IMG]

TCD

I should have known you had this photo!!  

3 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

That porch, as well as the porches at both Trading Posts, should be LINED with chairs.  If Cracker Barrel can do it, why can't Disney?

^^^THIS^^^

59 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I may bring my own chairs next time. I have room in the toyhauler, and the backseat of my golf cart folds down to make a storage bed. I wonder how many looks I would get when I unloaded my own chair?

I'm thinking more applause than looks. (ok, I'd applaud)

Been here a week and a half, not sure why I didn' post I am in site 1212 and missed TCD again (kids wanted to say thanks to the mystery spike guy). I can confirm no chairs at the Tavern the entire time. There are however 2 chairs at the meadows. I know it' not the Tavern but there are 2 at the meadows and they have gone mostly u used that I have seen.

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

Reports of the chairs return to the Settlement today are flooding the inter web!

We just got back from MK and I can 100% confirm there were no chairs there about 15 minutes as ago. Unless they were moved down by the arcade door I didn't see any up there.

20 hours ago, keith_h said:

I'm guessing there is someone at the Fort that does this just to troll Fort Fiends. ;)

:ROFLMAO-1:

3 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

I stand corrected. We are on our way to the boats and they are back. I swear they were not there last night but they are there now.

Good to know - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...