Since the whole off-site GC vendor situation is still a hot topic with the Fort management, I'm a little leery of sharing too much of Kenny's operation here.  I'd recommend you talk to Kenny about the particulars of where you'll meet him to get the cart.  I'm not sure you'd be able (or want) to do that with a MH.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We just returned from the fort and renting a GC from Kenny. This was the first time we had to meet him offsite, rather than on property. We arrived at the Fort on Saturday and my scheduled pickup time was 2pm  Sounds easy, but it was 2:45 before all was said and done.

When it came time to leave the fort, we called to confirm a time to meet off site again,  Scheduled time was 8am, Left the fort at 7:30, the person I was meeting was late by 15 minutes, so around 8:15  returned to Fort, loaded GC, returned GC , had to unload GC verify it was working, Made it back to the fort around 9:20.

I am only sharing this so the folks considering this will know that it is at least 1 to 1.5 hours each time to pick up and drop off. Some may have been able to accomplish faster, but I honestly don't see how. From the time you leave your campsite, until the time you return to your campsite are the times I am referencing.

If you guys want to keep renting from him, it's not a great idea to share lots of details in a public forum. That's a big part of why people can't get onsite deliveries. Disney kept reading about it. It's better to tell people they can PM you for details. Not trying to be mean, and it doesn't really affect me since we now own a cart, but I just want to make sure y'all know these boards are monitored by the Mouse. 

If you guys want to keep renting from him, it's not a great idea to share lots of details in a public forum. That's a big part of why people can't get onsite deliveries. Disney kept reading about it. It's better to tell people they can PM you for details. Not trying to be mean, and it doesn't really affect me since we now own a cart, but I just want to make sure y'all know these boards are monitored by the Mouse. 

Thanks for the heads up, but since these meetings are happening so far off site there is nothing Disney can do about them. My intent is to only notify other fiends the amount of time involved in offsite rentals. There are certainly other choices when it comes to renting from folks other than Disney, you just have to know who to contact  ;) .

Folks should be aware that Disney is keeping tabs on all the trailers coming in with carts on them. I have even heard from a pretty reliable source told by management that they're taking trailer plate numbers and keeping track.

So while they may not be able to do anything about the actual transactions taking place off-site, and things seem to be stabilized for now as far as the vendors that are "following the rules" as they currently stand, I wouldn't ever put it past them to change up the rules again.

All it could take is one vendor ticking off someone in management for them to start cracking down even further. It's happened before...

Forgive me if I have missed something, but are there some vendors that the Mouse allows to rent carts to guests?

Currently according to Fort management, no outside vendors are allowed to deliver carts to customers at the Fort.

However for now at least, they are not keeping people staying at the Fort from driving in with rental carts they've gone off Disney property to pickup. According to some vendors, they were told by management that as long as they follow this rule, and aren't moving carts around within the Fort from one customer to the next, Disney management is ok with this.

However the whole golf cart situation has been a touchy one for a while now, so who knows if things could change yet again.

Currently according to Fort management, no outside vendors are allowed to deliver carts to customers at the Fort.

However for now at least, they are not keeping people staying at the Fort from driving in with rental carts they've gone off Disney property to pickup. According to some vendors, they were told by management that as long as they follow this rule, and aren't moving carts around within the Fort from one customer to the next, Disney management is ok with this.

However the whole golf cart situation has been a touchy one for a while now, so who knows if things could change yet again.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything specific about "approved vendors". Carry on :D

• 2 months later...

Is there some reason you couldn't just walk up front, like near the bus entry, hand the delivery guy your MagicBand, he drives through the automated gate to the overflow to unload where you are waiting?

Or, meet out front, take the wheel and drive the truck and delivery guy in to your campsite to unload.

At the very least it seems you should drive to the off-site with two drivers, one to drive your car home, the other to drive the delivery truck and driver in. Making two trips to the off-site drop off seems silly.

Is there some reason you couldn't just walk up front, like near the bus entry, hand the delivery guy your MagicBand, he drives through the automated gate to the overflow to unload where you are waiting?

Or, meet out front, take the wheel and drive the truck and delivery guy in to your campsite to unload.

At the very least it seems you should drive to the off-site with two drivers, one to drive your car home, the other to drive the delivery truck and driver in. Making two trips to the off-site drop off seems silly.

They are not allowed to deliver on property at all. In theory they could drop off in the grass next to the riding stable, but that is a no no as well.

But it is ok for you to deliver it to your site using their truck and trailer. So why not do that with the delivery guy in the truck? Then he can drive it out.

That would probably work, but you would still have to meet off-site. Property starts at or near the intersection of Bonnet Creek and Vista, at least that's where the sign is. It's a technicality I know, but I'm sure Kenny and staff would do that if they could. You would just have to ask.

I don't know about other vendors, but from what I personally know, Kenny is trying to stick to "the letter of the law" that Disney has given so that he can continue to do business without any trouble.  For him that means meeting well outside Disney property, at least the few times we've worked with him since the crackdown.

Word from a reliable source is that Fort management has been keeping an eye out and keeping track of license plate numbers on trailers with carts coming in.  I doubt they're watching that gate 24/7, but with the way things have been for a while now, I don't think it would take much for an off-site vendor to get trespassed permanently.

You could ask, but my guess is that what Dave said would likely be the answer.

It would still involve meeting offsite though, plus the added step of unloading it from the trailer and onto your truck. As long as you're meeting offsite anyway, bringing it in on the trailer shouldn't be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It is myu understanding that Disney has issued no tresspass warnings (meaning they are no lobger allowd on any Disney property) to most of the off site cart rental folks.  I will just reinforce the statement that has been made before to keep any info on dealings with them to PM or e-mail. 

Reviews of the companies or details on how/if you deal with them is actually NOT going to help them.