With thanks to Yvonne for digging this up, and in light of some recent discussions (and TCD's DL TR), here's an article from Yahoo Travel comparing WDW to DL...

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/smackdown-walt-disney-world-vs-disneyland-108004340982.html

Feel free to weigh in with more of your thoughts and experiences.

Good article.

But to me, someone that grew up in SoCal and spent almost as many days at a Disneyland as TCD spends at WDW now. Ok he probably spend more time at WDW in one year than I spent at Disneyland in 10 years. Lol.

It's not a fair comparison. Yes they have a lot in common but they feel so different. It's hard to explain. You just have to visit both places and see for yourselves.

Thanks for the link, but that article makes my head hurt.  One of the highlights of WDW for the "smack down" is Tower of Terror at WDW.  Why?  They have one at California Adventure. 

The author of the article missed the mark.  If you want to compare Disneyland and WDW, you ought to focus on things that make each place unique.  The Towers of Terror are different- it might be interesting for someone who has only been to either WDW or Disneyland to hear about the differences.  But our expert doesn't even mention that there's a Tower of Terror on each coast.

I try to avoid articles written by travel experts.  Here's a great example of one that also makes my head hurt, written by a guy who claims "I've been to Orlando's Disney World and Disneyland in Anaheim, California a dozen times or so."

OK, so that makes him an expert.

He's giving tips on how to save money and "cut down on stress in the parks."

Early in the article he delivers this gem as his #3 helpful tip:

3. Get a FastPass early

To avoid standing in line, get a free FastPass or FastPass+ and use it early to reserve a spot for a favorite ride or attraction. With FastPass+ you reserve online in advance from home.  According to Disney's website, "You you should be able to make up to 3 FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment each day" per theme park per day, which especially handy if going to both Disneyland and neighboring California Adventure Park. Reserved spots are of limited availability though so reserve favorite rides first and consider sending Dad ahead to scout others out (he will need everyone's admission tickets to reserve spots).

An alternative is MagicBands, a FastPass on steroids that provides more perks (charging food and souvenirs, etc.); these are free to hotel guests and annual pass holders but others can get a band for a small fee.

What?  The guy is going to use FP+ in Disneyland and California Adventure?  To get 3 FP+ selections per theme park per day. 

Oy vey.

Here's the link to the whole article if you want a good chuckle:  http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/01/21/disney-trips-how-to-save-money-and-stress/

TCD

Here's the link to the whole article if you want a good chuckle:  http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/01/21/disney-trips-how-to-save-money-and-stress/

That's up there with the story you shared recently where they were showing DL Space Mtn to commemorate WDW's.  :wacko:

I still like articles like this - partly it's the whole "list" thing I can't resist, partly the comparison component (getting someone else's perspective), but also because every once in a while, there's a little nugget buried in there that I didn't know about.

I read the article a couple of days ago. To me it seems like the author is trying to give WDW a boost over Disneyland when they are unique and more or less compliments of each other. Having spent more time in Northern and Southern CA I would say I lean towards Disneyland as my favorite park but am more than happy to visit either. I also think the author missed the boat on summer weather. While Disneyland can get hot is has low humidity and more importantly really does cool off at night unlike Florida. Of course the article is from Yahoo so I hardly expect hard hitting journalism.