If we buy an AP now... but don't use it until October (we don't have a trip planned until then), will it lock in the current price? I know we can buy standard tickets now to lock in the prices... but what about an AP?

If you order it online and you are out of state, then you will receive a voucher that you activate on arrival and the clock starts ticking on activation

Well, this throws a wrench in our Disney plans. We generally buy 10 day hopper/non-expiring tickets to use over 3 or so trips. Our last trip used the last of our days on the tickets we had.

Guess I have to buy them now and hold them......

On edit***********

I picked up 10 day non expiring hoppers at Undercover Tourist to have them.......

If you order it online and you are out of state, then you will receive a voucher that you activate on arrival and the clock starts ticking on activation

If I order my FL resident seasonal pass now online. but not use them until we are back at Disney in either Sept. or November. Will they not activate for my year until we use them the 1st time or will they start counting down now? I'd rather get them now and save the money if possible.

Yep!

I was curious and dug back.

For a while the increase was the first week in August

2011 =  June

2012 = June

2013 = June

2014 = February

Do you know how much (the percentage) each increase was?  Curious if Disney seems to stick to a standard increase (i.e. 5% every time they bump it up).

If I order my FL resident seasonal pass now online. but not use them until we are back at Disney in either Sept. or November. Will they not activate for my year until we use them the 1st time or will they start counting down now? I'd rather get them now and save the money if possible.

Things may have changed since we got our seasonal pass maybe 4 years ago?

We got ours when they added on an extra 3 or 4 months.  We got  vouchers to redeem at the park for the passes.

When we went to purchase in them in December I did it over the phone and was told that we had to activate them by a certain date in January.  I don't know it that was because of the extra months deal,  or if that was a normal thing.

I would call and ask them.

In the same vein, I was going to purchase seasonal passes last night on line.  When I got to the billing portion, it said I could only use 1 gift card towards the purchase price.  We have 3 cards that we were going to use towards the down payment.

I guess I'll be needing to call tonight and see if they can take more than 1 card over the phone.

Can you get seasonal passes at Disney stores or AAA and use gift cards?

Is there a place at Downtown Disney to get them?

Yep!

I was curious and dug back.

For a while the increase was the first week in August

2011 =  June

2012 = June

2013 = June

2014 = February

Was that the only increase last year or did they go up again August\September time frame? 

I know there was a good thread about the increase last year, might have even included some % info of the last couple years of increases. Maybe I could stop being lazy and dig a little myself :D

Well I found the thread from last year, and it included a picture of the pricing that was changing but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I though someone had posted pricing sheets for the last few years and had it broke down as to how much each type of ticket had increased, but I guess I could be wrong.

This info is from allears.net and may be old news to a lot of you.

http://allears.net/tix/tixincrease.htm

They have a breakdown of all the types of tickets, prices, and when the new prices took affect.

It's broken down by decades.

The change dates jump around a bit from June 2 in 2013 to February 23 in 2014.

It's an interesting historical read.

They list CM and Comp tickets and meal tickets also.

Number of price increases by month since 1971

January - 4 May - 4 September - 4 February - 8 June - 11 October - 5 March - 5 July - 0 November - 3 April - 3 August - 5 December - 4
  • 3 weeks later...