Land of ‘Frozen’ Coming to Disney Cruise Line

As a complete surprise to... pretty much no one... here's some Frozen news from the Disney Parks Blog...

Anna and Elsa’s royal tour of our ships is soon to be filled with even more excitement! Not only is Olaf joining them on all four ships, we’re adding brand-new experiences for the whole family, starting this summer.

FOC659472-613x408.jpg

Highlights include a spectacular deck party, a new production number in “Disney Dreams,” new character meet and greets, storybook adventures ashore and another way to cool down on Castaway Cay. I’ll share some details on these exciting offerings today, and over the next several weeks, tell you more about what you can expect in summer.

A Day of Frozen Fun, Including New Deck Party

Debuting this summer, on select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder sailings to Europe and Alaska, Disney Cruise Line guests are transported to the land of “Frozen” when the ship is transformed into a winter wonderland and a day of frozen fun culminates with an extravagant celebration with friends from the Kingdom of Arendelle. The deck party, “Freezing the Night Away with Anna, Elsa and Friends,” is a family-friendly interactive celebration featuring the famous royal sisters and their fun-loving Nordic companions.

New Production Number in “Disney Dreams”

Our friends from “Frozen” are making their stage show debut at sea in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Magic. In our original production, “Disney Dreams … An Enchanted Classic,” Anna, Elsa and Olaf join the line up of beloved Disney characters who together teach a young girl the power of her dreams. Brand-new scenes featuring “Frozen” characters include renditions of three popular songs: “Let it Go,” “For the First Time in Forever” and “In Summer.”

FOC659473-613x921.jpg

Magical Meet and Greets

In addition to warm hugs, Olaf will be giving autographs and taking photographs with children and families while he is cruising with us. He is joining Anna and Elsa on the Disney Fantasy, Disney Dream, Disney Wonder and Disney Magic for some fun in the sun!

Adventures Ashore in Norway

This summer in Norway, the land that inspired Arendelle from “Frozen,” Disney Magic cruisers will have the opportunity to join exciting new Port Adventures that bring this fairytale setting to life. One signature adventure ashore in Ålesund, Norway, created exclusively for Disney Cruise Line, will immerse guests in the splendor and charm of Norway, with the help of Anna and Elsa, in an enchanting storybook village.

Olaf’s Summertime Freeze on Castaway Cay

We’re cooling down Castaway Cay with the addition of Olaf’s Summertime Freeze bar! Serving non-alcoholic specialty frozen drinks in souvenir cups, the creative menu features refreshing beverages such as “Olaf’s Flurry Freeze,” “Sven’s Carrot Delight” and “Warm Hugs.” Olaf’s Summertime Freeze will be near the Pelican Point tram stop by Castaway Cay Family Beach.

With this news, I have a feeling some of you are saying, “Hands down, this is the best day of my life!” Am I right?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/land-of-frozen-coming-to-disney-cruise-line-this-summer/

You know though, when we cruised DCL, I was most definitely pleased with the lack of characters and other kid things in your face.

There were no characters at the meals, the greetings never seemed to be in our way. We participated in the sail away on our own balcony, and watched the pirate nite fireworks from our own balcony. I wouldn't mind at all having Frozen added to Disney Dreams.

From what I'm reading, I don't think it will be too bad.

Now things like Frozen taking over Cindy's Christmas castle lighting, blech, but the one time we watched it, we watched kindof off to the side, and didn't get the full effect, but did enjoy seeing the castle light.