Upside Down Mickey Lamp (no post)

Here it is with a white metal chain, and 3 daylight (5000k) lamps in it. Found candelabra size (25w equivilant) LED's and a 40w LED regular lamp.

All the plastic chain I saw had very large links, so metal it is.

Now I need to make another for the motorhome. It was decided (my wife loves it!) that it needed to hang in the house and another was to be made.

post-10434-0-03481200-1423401633_thumb.j

Looks great! I kinda like the off color ears in the first one, which gave me an idea about changing the ears to colored bulbs and maybe have different color head for the different seasons. Red Ears /Green Head -Christmas, Red Ear/White Head/Blue Ear- 4th July, and so on.....

Thanks for the detailed pics, I guess this will be on my todo list as soon as DW sees it.

Looks great! I kinda like the off color ears in the first one, which gave me an idea about changing the ears to colored bulbs and maybe have different color head for the different seasons. Red Ears /Green Head -Christmas, Red Ear/White Head/Blue Ear- 4th July, and so on.....

Thanks for the detailed pics, I guess this will be on my todo list as soon as DW sees it.

And of course she's gonna see it….. :dogsnicker:

Because this is super cool and there may be Fiends that want to print this out to use these instructions, I'm copying Bennie's post here with the big version of the photos. Thanks again for sharing this with us, Bennie!!

Here is the completed lamp. I need to get lamps that are all the same color. That's why the ears look off color.
Had a lot more photos but wanted the detail to be good. I'll seal the cord entry with silicone and I'll get lamps of the color for the final.
Enjoy all!

Upside-Down-Mickey-Lamp-finished.jpg

Socket I used

Upside-Down-Mickey-Lamp-hardware01.jpg

added the candelabra sockets and bent to fit

Upside-Down-Mickey-Lamp-hardware02.jpg

Sockets installed from top view 

Upside-Down-Mickey-Lamp-holes01.jpg

Sockets from the inside

Upside-Down-Mickey-Lamp-holes02.jpg

I found a white fitter for the bottom and removed the lamp socket

Upside-Down-Mickey-Lamp-hanging01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I could've guessed the post above.  First I have to repair our regular (upright) mickey lamps.  All three have some measure of cracks, mostly around the bases.   also have to paint our last acquired milk can, which is to be a Minnie base.  

Oh, and repair an inflatable where a Mickey light blew over and burned a hole in his ear.

• 3 weeks later...

https://db.tt/hanqRJ8h

Here is a dropbox link to the lamp I made. Sorry for not posting the pics but I only have my ipad here now. I used led strip instead of a light bulb and added a socket on the bottom so it has an led bulb on the bottom for ambient light. The led light strip has a music mode that will make the led strip change to music. I will try to get a youtube video up if anyone interested.