So for the momentous, and more than a little ridiculous, occasion of my 25,000th post (yeesh!) I figured what better than to pay homage to the place and the people responsible for all my blathering on.  Feel free to join in!

I love Fort Fiends because...

• When I'm having a lousy day, I can always count on a laugh (or 7)

• I get to share my love (ok obsession) with the Fort and Disney parks with people who don't just roll their eyes and make looping motions with their finger alongside their head or ask me "are you going AGAIN?"

• If I have a question, I know someone will have the answer - and then someone will hijack the thread (see point #1)

• There is always a Fiend on the Scene to find out the latest information on what's happening at WDW and the Fort - often complete with photos - and those people aren't shy about texting me that info live as it happens!

• Super fun times ensue when things like a private party at the Fort happens and we get to share minute-by-minute reporting on said event - complete with hilarious commentary

• Two words... GRAND GATHERINGS

• If I want to plan a crazy park "mission," I always know where I can find someone to accompany me, and a bunch of people to cheer me on

• I'm continually amazed by the kindness and compassion of fellow Fiends - from taking up and delivering a pin collection for a little girl no one even knows, to hand delivering a special popcorn bucket to an adorable Fiend 1000 miles away, to dropping everything to come to the rescue of a Fiend that finds themselves in a medical or mechanical bind while at the Fort, to supporting a fellow Fiend that's going through a difficult time... the list goes on.

There are so many more reasons, but I'll try and keep this to less than my usual "epic" length and cut to the chase. The number one reason...

I've made some wonderful, amazing FrIENDS with people that I never would have met otherwise - interesting, caring, fun, smart, loving, hilarious, fantastic people.

As my 5 year old nephew would say (in suitably dramatic fashion)... my heart is full.

:heartsmiley:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So for the momentous, and more than a little ridiculous, occasion of my 25,000th post (yeesh!) I figured what better than to pay homage to the place and the people responsible for all my blathering on

Congratulations Mo!  I have expressed my gratitude before, but will say it again……I am grateful to you and the other admins who do all the behind the scenes work to maintain this site.  I would add th

Gretchen needs to do the same thing Mo.  I want to be in the living room and start the fire in the fireplace, seldom do we have weather to justify a nice wood fire and tonight is a good rainy cool one

Is there an established record for number of seperate trips to The Fort?

Not that I know of, but I have to think if we're talking individual trips, TCD has got to be in the lead??

If we're talking total # of days at the Fort in a year, he might have some competition from Dave (Grumpy).

Although Dave (Devores) did stay at the Fort for a solid year and a half not so long ago.

Gee we have a lot of Daves.  8)

Not that I know of, but I have to think if we're talking individual trips, TCD has got to be in the lead??

If we're talking total # of days at the Fort in a year, he might have some competition from Dave (Grumpy).

Although Dave (Devores) did stay at the Fort for a solid year and a half not so long ago.

Gee we have a lot of Daves.  B)

One too few these days. :(

One too few these days. :(

Agreed!!

I wish some of our long lost brothers and sisters would read this thread and start posting again.

Agreed X2!!

I can actually understand needing a break once in a while - heck, from the internet in general!

I just hope that if anyone has a particular reason for needing a break from FortFiends, other than just general internet burnout, they'll eventually come to the conclusion that there's a lot more good here than not, and come back. 

Hey if for no other reason than there are no epic hijacks in real life, and who doesn't love a good, hilarious tangent from time to time? :smug:

Excellent job on the 25,000th post!  :heartsmiley:

Thanks Marty - and everyone else!

And please feel free to jump in with your own reasons you stick around this asylum of your own free will.  8)

FortFiends would not be where it is and what it is without you Mo!  So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And for those reading and lurking, please remember, this place i just that, a place.  

....a place to meet people and talk and vent and socialize and share and care

....a place to plan to meet in person for a gathering

....a place to see where others have gone and what others have done

It should never be associated with one person, place or thing.  Anyone who does this is giving the community and the place a disservice.  So, by lurking and not participating, you only deny yourself the opportunity to share, care and vent with the others.  If one or more people get on your nerves, there is always an ignore button.

FortFiends would not be where it is and what it is without you Mo!  So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And for those reading and lurking, please remember, this place i just that, a place.  

....a place to meet people and talk and vent and socialize and share and care

....a place to plan to meet in person for a gathering

....a place to see where others have gone and what others have done

It should never be associated with one person, place or thing.  Anyone who does this is giving the community and the place a disservice.  So, by lurking and not participating, you only deny yourself the opportunity to share, care and vent with the others.  If one or more people get on your nerves, there is always an ignore button.

Amen.

TCD