Rumor: Chicken Back on the Menu at 'Ohana

From the Disney Food Blog...

In recent months since the removal of the Chicken Skewers, featured meats have been Sweet and Sour Pork Loin, Szechuan Sirloin Steak, and Spicy Peel-and-Eat Shrimp. While chicken was still available in the form of Honey-Coriander Wings, it was no longer an entree.

However, as of today, we’re hearing anecdotal confirmation of a return as well as seeing chicken back under the “Skewers” menu at ‘Ohana on the official Walt Disney World website! Here’s a screen shot of the newly revised menu on the Walt Disney World website, listing Sweet and Sour Chicken. You may notice that the chicken dish has replaced the Sweet and Sour Pork Loin on the menu.

ohana-menu-screen-shot-February-2015-579

‘Ohana menu screen shot

We’ve also seen mention (and a picture!) of the chicken on the Facebook page of our good friend, Tikiman.

11-Grilled-Chicken-Ohana-600x369.jpg

Grilled Chicken at ‘Ohana — photo via a Disney Food Blog guest author

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/02/10/rumor-is-chicken-is-back-on-the-menu-at-ohana/

Sounds like a mission for a Fiend on the Scene!

I agree, the noodles are the best!!

Seriously? The Best? They could keep the noodles, just bring the potatoes back....and make them an option. I think I should clarify that I do like the noodles, but if I had my preference I would prefer the potatoes. Just sayin'

Yes, we can confirm as well. Ate there last Wednesday and the choices were chicken, beef and shrimp on skewers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are there last night and can confirm the same.

I can also say- things got spicier. From the weird lettuce wrap things, to the sauce for the pot stickers, and even the noodles had a bit of peppery taste to them. My family is anti-spice, so it was mild for everyone else. Worse, the beef was fatty (which is usual for me there).

The service was also pretty crappy. Inattentive waitress and food delivery folks.

Pretty sad as this was a favorite and "must do" place for us that is getting scratched for a while. But, on the bright-side, it'll force is to branch out this summer.

We are there last night and can confirm the same. I can also say- things got spicier. From the weird lettuce wrap things, to the sauce for the pot stickers, and even the noodles had a bit of peppery taste to them. My family is anti-spice, so it was mild for everyone else. Worse, the beef was fatty (which is usual for me there). The service was also pretty crappy. Inattentive waitress and food delivery folks. Pretty sad as this was a favorite and "must do" place for us that is getting scratched for a while. But, on the bright-side, it'll force is to branch out this summer.

I was planning to try it on our next trip ... maybe not!  David can't handle anything spicy.