If there's another thread on this floating around, fairies - please feel free to combine these. (I searched and couldn't find one).

A rumor posted by Kenny the Pirate on possible new Meet and Greets at this year's Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios...

Ezra Bridger and Sabine Wren will not only appear for Star Wars Weekends 2015, but they will also meet guests!  In 2014, they were only available for the Celebrity Motorcade and some of the shows, but weren’t available for meet and greets.  Chopper also appeared in the motorcade, but didn’t meet.  There’s no info yet on whether Chopper will appear.

Source:  Disney Character Insider

And more rumors, yet to be confirmed...

Other rumors for Star Wars Weekends include:

• Star Wars Fireworks to return
  • Star Wars Weekends shows to be featured at the Beauty and the Beast Theater.  Rumor has it that they will perform Beauty and the Beast in the mornings and Star Wars events will take place in the afternoon.
  • Darth Vader’s meet and greet could be moving to the former entrance area at the old Backlot Tour, which would put Darth Maul moving to Vader’s spot near Mike and Sulley.
  • There’s talk of doing a May the 4th event or at least offering Star Wars character meets that day.

Source:  wdwmagic forums

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/02/11/exciting-news-for-star-wars-weekends/

Still just a rumor so, take it with a grain of salt at this point.

I do believe that they will be using a new venue for their special shows-not even the Empire will get those Frozen sisters out of that theater.  I just don't see a reason for them to use the Beauty and the Beast theater when the American Idol theater is sitting there empty.

TCD

Since I don't think we have this anywhere else yet (please let me know if I'm missing a thread), here's the schedule of Star Wars weekends for 2015...

• May 15 - 17
  • May 22 - 24
  • May 29 - 31
  • June 5 - 7
  • June 12 - 14

Some related special events on the schedule so far (just so it's all in one place)...

Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant

Daily from May 4 - June 14, 2015

8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

Cost is $49.99 for adults, $31.99 for children ages 3-9

Includes tax, does not include gratuity.

Characters featured include Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Greedo, Jawas and Stormtroopers.

Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine, Including Fantasmic! Dining Package

Daily from May 4 - June 14, 2015

4:15 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Hollywood and Vine

Cost is $63.99 for adults, $38.99 for children ages 3-9

Includes tax, does not include gratuity.

Dining experience includes special décor, themed menu options, and music, followed by the evening's first Fantasmic! show. Character appearances include Jedi Mickey, Princess Leia Minnie, Darth Vader Goofy, Storm Trooper Donald and Ewoks Chip 'n' Dale.

Posted today to the Disney Parks Blog...

Can You Feel the Force? Star WarsWeekends is Getting Closer!

posted on February 17th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

The Force is growing stronger here at Walt Disney World Resort as the galaxy prepares for this year’s Star WarsWeekends. If you’re as big a fan of the annual Disney’s Hollywood Studios event as I am, you’ll be excited to learn that several crowd-favorites are back in 2015, including James Arnold Taylor! Known for voicing characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” Taylor will host the Stars of the Saga talk show with everyone’s favorite stormtrooper preshow at a new, larger location in Theater of the Stars on Sunset Boulevard.

Photo-1-613x919.jpg

Darth’s Mall is also moving to a new and expanded complex near Streets of America, where you can find Star Wars-themed and exclusive event merchandise just for Star Wars Weekends 2015.

One of my favorite out-of-this-world experiences to catch this year is the Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine at Hollywood and Vine. My day just wouldn’t be complete without dinner surrounded by my favorite Disney pals dressed in theirStar Wars best!

The galaxy won’t be so far, far away when beloved and iconic Star Wars characters assemble and “Summon the Force” each night for a grand celebration, including a look back at your greatest moments throughout the day on social media. For the finale, the night sky will erupt in an interstellar frenzy of fireworks as “Symphony in the Stars” salutes the saga’s most dramatic stories and brings you as close to the Force as you can get.

We’re still gathering all your favorite droids and scoundrels, so stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog andStarWars.com for the latest updates. As we announced in December, the fun comes to our galaxy Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from May 15 – June 14, 2015. Check out StarWarsWeekends.com for all the must-know event details.

Are you planning on joining the Force? If so, which characters are you looking forward to seeing the most? For my boys, it’s the Jawas – they love to trade with those little guys! Let us know your favorites in the comments!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/can-you-feel-the-force-star-wars-weekends-is-getting-closer/

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Star Wars Weekends 2015 returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort on Friday, May 15. To kick off this event, Disney Theme Park Merchandise is holding a special ticketed event called “Galactic Gathering” on Thursday, May 14 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Similar to the “Rebel Rendezvous” event held last year, this year’s event will give guests the first opportunity to purchase new products created especially for Star Wars Weekends.

SWGG740162thumb.jpg SWGG740163thumb.jpg

Packages for the Galactic Gathering will include the following:

• ‘Rebel’ or ‘Empire’ retail MagicBand (Guests can choose their side when registering online)*
  • Commemorative trading pin*
  • Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass which gives expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends.*
  • First opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins and Vinylmation.
  • First opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards.
  • Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn.

Guests who attend this event will also have the opportunity to meet Disney characters, Disney Design Group Artists and Ashley Eckstein from Her Universe.

SWGG740164-613x613.jpg

Finally, attendees will be some of the first to purchase the new figures for Star Wars D-Tech Me including a Jedi Knight and a TIE-Fighter pilot.

SWGG740165-613x351.jpg

Tickets to this event are $250 per guest (theme park admission is not included but required to participate in this event).

Registration will begin on March 4 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern on http://www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.

I hope to see you there!

*These items will only be available to Galactic Gathering attendees.

The number of packages available is limited and available while supplies last on a first come, first serve basis. Event package and content are not subject to discounts. Appearances are subject to space and time availability and are not guaranteed. Tickets are non-refundable. Event information subject to change without notice.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/join-galactic-gathering-for-star-wars-weekends-2015-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-on-may-14/

From the Disney Food Blog...

Han Solo in Carbonite Popcorn Bucket Coming to Star Wars Weekends
Mar 11th, 2015 by Wendy.

Welcome to the Disney Food Blog. If you enjoy this post, you should check out the tour of the site to see all the great Disney Food information we have.

Okay, so I thought the Darth Vader Popcorn Bucket featured during 2014’s Star Wars Weekends was pretty awesome…

Darth-Vader-Popcorn-Bucket-470x625.jpg

Darth Vader Popcorn Bucket

But I think the Empire might have to take a back seat to the Rebel Alliance, because the popcorn bucket coming to Star Wars Weekends this year is… oh, forget it. I don’t even have words. Just LOOK!!

han-solo-frozen-in-carbonite-popcorn-buc

© Disney © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd

So, yeah. I’m pretty sure Vader’s about to get trumped with this Han Solo Frozen in Carbonite Popcorn Bucket.

I’m just not going to be the one to break it to him.

Remember, Star Wars Weekends begin at Hollywood Studios on May 15th this year. And may the Force be with you on the search for your bucket, because they’re bound to disappear from this side of the galaxy at the rate of lightspeed!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/03/11/news-han-solo-in-carbonite-popcorn-bucket-coming-to-star-wars-weekends/

If the various themed dining events start on May the 4th....why don't the actual SW weekends begin until mid-May? I thought maybe they didn't want overlap with F&G, but that goes through May 17th.

I doubt the hard core Star Wars people are the same as the f&g so I wouldn't think overlapping would be an issue unless it's due to staffing.

If the various themed dining events start on May the 4th....why don't the actual SW weekends begin until mid-May? I thought maybe they didn't want overlap with F&G, but that goes through May 17th.

Just a guess but May 4th is Star Wars day. May the 4th be with you. Lol

I doubt the hard core Star Wars people are the same as the f&g so I wouldn't think overlapping would be an issue unless it's due to staffing.

Ummm hi. Hardcore Star Wars fans very much looking forward to f&g. You would be amazed the people who are into Star Wars and their many and varied interests.

• 3 weeks later...

Fro the Disney Parks Blog...

I’m excited to announce that two new D-Tech Me figurines – a Jedi Knight and a TIE-Fighter pilot – are premiering at Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this year.

DTOD6980741-613x776.jpg

First introduced in May 2012, Star Wars – D-Tech Me is a 10-minute experience that uses the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner created by Imagineering scientists with Disney Research labs. The captured image is later sent to a high resolution 3D printer to create the figurine. This year, the experience will be located inside Darth’s Mall, near Streets of America across from Studio Catering Company.

DTOD6980742-613x489.jpg

In addition to the new figurines, we will again offer the Carbon-Freeze Me figurine, Alderaan Princess figurine, and male and female options for Stormtrooper and X-Wing pilot figurines.

For children, the Carbon-Freeze Me and Alderaan Princess figurines will be available in more youthful appearances.

DTOD6980743-613x771.jpg

The Star Wars – D-Tech Me 7-inch figurines are $119.95 each, plus shipping and applicable sales tax. For 16-inch figurines, retail is $999.95 each, plus shipping and applicable sales tax. All participants will receive a specially designed button.

Completed figurines will arrive within 6-8 weeks after the experience if shipping domestically (it takes a little longer if shipping internationally).

Guests can book their experience by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324) starting March 26. We will only offer the experience during Star Wars Weekends 2015 (May 15 – 17, May 22-24, May 29-31, June 5-7, and June 12-14). Guests attending the Galactic Gathering event on May 14 will be some of the first individuals to experience Star Wars – D-Tech Me this year.

Please note: Separate theme park admission required for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. No discounts apply unless otherwise noted. Guests must be at least three (3) years of age to participate in the Star Wars D-Tech Me experience. Children must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older during the entire experience. A valid accepted credit card number is required at time of booking. No-shows or reservation cancellations within 48 hours of scheduled experience will result in such credit card being charged a $25 cancellation fee. The experience, due to its personalized nature, is non-refundable and not eligible for an exchange. Certain restrictions may apply. All prices, components and information are subject to change without notice.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/jedi-knight-and-tie-fighter-pilot-d-tech-me-figures-premiere-at-star-wars-weekends-starting-may-15-2015/

Related article from the Disney Parks Blog...

To paraphrase a certain scruffy looking nerf herder, I’ve flown from one side of the galaxy to the other, and I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff … but nothing as cool as Star Wars Weekends. This year’s event is shaping up to be among the best, with a new show, new locations for merchandise and autograph opportunities and a galaxy of stars that includes returning favorites and luminaries making their first hyperspace jump to Star Wars Weekends!

So shall we dispense with the pleasantries?

Here are the celebrities scheduled to appear for Star Wars Weekends 2015 (entertainment is subject to change):

Weekend I (May 15 – 17)

SWG7987963-613x290.jpg

• Ian McDiarmid: Senator/Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
  • Amy Allen: Aayla Secura (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
  • Tiya Sircar: Sabine Wren (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend II (May 22 – 24)

• Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
  • Silas Carson: Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)
  • Vanessa Marshall: Hera Syndulla (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend III (May 29 – 31)

• Warwick Davis: Wald, Wicket W. Warrick (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
  • Daniel Logan: Boba Fett (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones)
  • Steve Blum: Zeb Orrelios (Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend IV (June 5 – 7)

• Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
  • Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
  • Ashley Eckstein: Ahsoka Tano (Star Wars: The Clone Wars; Star Wars Rebels)

Weekend V (June 12 – 14)

SWG7987962-613x290.jpg

• Frank Oz: Yoda (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace; Star Wars: Attack of the Clones; Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi; Star Wars Rebels)
  • Ray Park: Darth Maul (Star Wars: The Phantom Menace)
  • Peter Mayhew: Chewbacca (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith; Star Wars: A New Hope; Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
  • Taylor Gray: Ezra Bridger (Star Wars Rebels)

Of course, Star Wars Weekends host James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels) will be appearing every week, and in addition to Ashley Eckstein’s Weekend IV guest spot, she will also be joining us every day of the event as host of “Padawan Mind Challenge – Family Edition.”

Details are still coming together for the event, but some of the highlights of what’s new for Star Wars Weekends 2015 include:

• Star Wars: Rebels” – Relive the adventurous twists and turns of the first exciting season of the Disney XD series “Star Wars: Rebels,” in an all-new show with Star Wars Weekends host James Arnold Taylor and a special guest from the show’s voice cast … along with a few surprises!
  • Autograph Opportunities – For the first time, autograph sessions with Star Wars celebrities will be held in an indoor location, just off Commissary Lane near Star Tours – The Adventure Continues. For complete details about autograph opportunities, be sure to visit StarWarsWeekends.com prior to your visit.
  • Darth’s Mall – Can’t find the droids you’re looking for? Head over to this new complex of shops near Streets of America for the best selection of Star Wars merchandise in this galaxy or any other!

All this, plus dozens of Star Wars characters appearing throughout the park, yummy Star Wars-inspired treats and the spectacular fireworks finale, “Symphony in the Stars.” It just goes to show you that Star Wars Weekends is as close to the Force as you can get!

Believe it or not, we still have more to share with you in the weeks ahead, so keep checking Disney Parks Blog and StarWarsWeekends.com for updates, and keep the conversation going on social media using #SWW2015!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/frank-oz-and-ian-mcdiarmid-among-the-stars-announced-for-star-wars-weekends-2015-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

The Ultimate Day at Star Wars Weekend VIP tour is back again this year.  In an interesting twist, the tour seems to be offering more this year for a lower price!

From WDWMagic...

Apr 07, 2015 | 7:10am EDT

The Ultimate Day at Star War Weekends VIP tour returns for 2015 but this year offers more and lowers the price from last year's $499 to $399 +tax per guest.

Added to the tour is a character meet and greet experience, early no-wait access to Darth's Mall, and post-tour access to the Jedi Training Academy.

Also new for 2015 is a 15% discount for DVC Members, Annual Passholders and Disney Rewards Visa Cardholders. As before, park admission is required and not included in the price.

Here is the full line-up of what is included

• Premium seating for Star Wars Weekends shows at Theater of the Stars, such as Stars of the Saga—a Star Wars-themed talk show that’s as entertaining as it is surprising
  • Expedited access to attractions like Star Tours - The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Midway Mania! and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Reserved viewing location during the Legends of the Force Motorcade
  • One (1) opportunity to meet a Character from the Dark Side
  • Early access to Darth’s Mall—no waiting required
  • Private deluxe continental breakfast at The Hollywood Brown Derby
  • Table-service lunch at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Post-tour access to the Jedi Training Academy for your Padawans
  • Plus, after your guided experience comes to a close, you’ll have time to enjoy the park on your own before ending your day the Ultimate way with VIP viewing of the Summon the Force finale show and the Symphony in the Stars fireworks spectacular!

The Ultimate Day at Star War Weekends VIP tour is available Friday, Saturday and Sunday—May 15 to June 14, 2015. Reservations can be made by calling (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/star-wars-weekends/news/07apr2015-the-ultimate-day-at-star-war-weekends-vip-tour-for-2015-offers-more-at-a-lower-price.htm