Star Wars Day at Sea - DCL Disney Fantasy

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Whether you’re a Jedi-in-training or the Jedi Master of the family, you’re in for an out-of-galaxy experience when you sail on the Disney Fantasy in early 2016! Today we announced a brand-new, day-long celebration aboard eight special sailings on the Disney Fantasy: Star Wars Day at Sea.

stasta736991-613x409.jpg

Occurring one day during each of eight Disney Fantasy sailings, Star Wars Day at Sea will transport guests to a galaxy far, far away — in the Western Caribbean. The event features a full day of Star Wars celebrations, including a deck party, meet-and-greets with favorite characters, Star Wars-themed youth activities, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise. Also featured will be exclusive at-sea screenings of the Star Wars films and the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels.

stasta873982.jpg

Star Wars Day at Sea will be on Disney Fantasy cruises sailing on January 9, 23; February 6, 20; March 5, 19; April 2 and 16, 2016. Departing from Port Canaveral, the seven-night Western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands and our private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.

This event marks the first official appearance of the heroes and villains of Star Wars aboard our ships. Next week, I’ll share even more details about the intergalactic fun we have planned for Star Wars Younglings, Padawans and Jedi Masters alike!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/disney-cruise-line-introduces-star-wars-day-at-sea-on-select-disney-fantasy-sailings/

• 2 weeks later...

We had our finger on the button to book the March cruise, but when we added up the price for four of us, tips, parking, hotel the night before near the port, cruise insurance, etc this cruise would have cost us upwards near $10k. So we decided it was not worth the money. I hope somebody goes on one of these so we know if the one Star Wars day was worth it.

Our cruise has gone up $700 since we booked it. Apparently, it's a very popular idea.

The overall cruise was cheaper than last time I looked for our spring break (because ours doesn't include Easter in 2016) and cheaper than the summer cruises. 

I'm doing 3rd party cruise insurance to save $ too.

• 10 months later...

I've been following mouse steps on Instagram and this one picture is creepy. It's the jawas over looking the atrium.

https://instagram.com/p/BAf_kR0wnz1/

Well, they're kind of creepy creatures, so I say DCL did a good job with these.

Thanks for the link- I wonder if the blogger got a free or discounted cruise in exchange for the publicity?

I am amazed by how many characters Disney has on the ship- even C3P0 with his red arm.  It would be nice if they had some of these characters out at the new Launch Bay at DHS.

TCD

I've been following mouse steps on Instagram and this one picture is creepy. It's the jawas over looking the atrium.

https://instagram.com/p/BAf_kR0wnz1/

Definitely creepy, but still very cool!

Thanks for the link- I wonder if the blogger got a free or discounted cruise in exchange for the publicity?

Possibly, but somehow I doubt it.  The folks behind MouseSteps really do seem to live and breathe all things Disney 24/7/365.  And even if Disney isn't comping them trips/access, it seems to be a real business for them, which means all this stuff is probably a write-off.

I agree. I follow the mousesteps couple and they truly live and breath all things Disney. They fly out to Disneyland all the time and are at the parks in Florida at least once a week. They seem to be the first to try any new restaurant and have good honest reviews. However they are doing it, it looks like a pretty good gig. Sign me up.

I agree. I follow the mousesteps couple and they truly live and breath all things Disney. They fly out to Disneyland all the time and are at the parks in Florida at least once a week. They seem to be the first to try any new restaurant and have good honest reviews. However they are doing it, it looks like a pretty good gig. Sign me up.

Agreed!

And as long as their site brings in enough ad revenue to have the IRS consider it a viable business, ALL their Disney expenses would be a write off.  Brilliant.  :)