Getting to and from Loop 1600

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if you get there at 6:30 you can probably be first in line. 

Boat times:       There are two separate boat routes from the dock.   The Resort Boat goes in a circle between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and the Fort.  It doesn't go to the MK.   The MK boa

Don't know the exact time, but if the bus isn't too crowded and noisy its long enough for a nap!

No worries.

I was just trying to warn you.

I would bet my house that the person you were talking to was not at the campground.  All calls to the "front desk" go to a call center.

Before I knew better, I got plenty of bad information from confident sounding people on the phone.  They are just trying to get rid of you as efficiently as possible so they can get to the next caller.

TCD

Even if by some miracle, you get the actual front desk at the Fort, there is a darned good possibility that person has never actually ventured out into the Fort beyond the Outpost.  8)

And unfortunately even Disney's internal system that CMs reference for all kinds of info., has been proven wrong in the past.

Do any of you prefer driving vs buses?

I used to. It's kind of a control thing.

You do get to park free. In some cases, it's not worth it though. Like when going to the MK, you have to park at the TTC and monorail or ferry to the MK. It's easier just to boat to the MK. 

We don't drive to Epcot because generally enjoy adult beverages there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I never drive to the Parks, if you add in the time it takes to park and catch tram to gate it is not much faster, and after a day in a park I am ready to relax for a few minutes instead of fighting traffic

A comment to this for anyone who does drive- we found that it was quicker to just walk than wait for the tram. Never mind the fact that we look like the Clampetts with crap in and on the big BIG stroller.

We've always done the same thing. If nothing else it makes the wait less boring if we happen to  catch a tram that has caught up us along the way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Also, as far as the loop info, I'm looking at the full hook up sites.  I would like to be somewhere in the middle of the campground...about halfway to Settlement and half way to outpost.  I would have to look it up, but I'm not sure what the price difference is between full hookup vs preferred?  We will be traveling with my mom and dad (in their 60's), 2 older kids, and one toddler (along with myself, husband, my sister, and her husband).  I'm just trying to get my bearings on what will make it easiest on my parents and the baby.  I'm sure it will all work out...I think it is just the unknown.

We are basically an identical group of 9 traveling this June!  Seriously- Grandma and Grandpa (both also in their 60's), me, hubby, sil, bil, 2 older kids and a 5 yr old.  We are all staying in a big rig together.  Bizarre!  We are staying somewhere in the 1400 loop- first timers.  We have an 8:30 Cinderella Breakfast at MK and were trying to figure out how to get there without having to drive ourselves.  So- we will be going the route of the Contemporary and walking to MK.  Hopefully anyway-  I might have to convince my inlaws that I know what I'm talking about and that we will make it there ok.   :panic:  

Anyway, thanks for asking some great questions, it was helpful for another newbie.  

I used to sarcastically combat those "best" questions by holding that 500 was objectively the best loop, and then run down the reasons. All my reasons being subjective, of course, and I would just hope the reader "got it". Much prefer "what's your favorite and why" especially since the responses will undoubtedly include criteria the OP might have never thought about: "it floods when it rains a lot?!"

I think the 1600 loop is the best for the price.  With your needs I would ask for a spot on the outside of the loop closer to the comfort station.  It is a short walk to the bus stop from there.  I like the outside sites because they are generally wider and you don't have neighbors close in back of your site.  I prefer the sites along the canal in back because they are spacious and you can sit by the canal.  We always rent a golf cart so transportation is not much of a problem around FW.  You can get anywhere you want using the Disney transportation system but as a back up if you don't have time you can always drive your private vehicles to the location and park using the FW parking pass.