Getting to and from Loop 1600

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if you get there at 6:30 you can probably be first in line. 

Boat times:       There are two separate boat routes from the dock.   The Resort Boat goes in a circle between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and the Fort.  It doesn't go to the MK.   The MK boa

Don't know the exact time, but if the bus isn't too crowded and noisy its long enough for a nap!

Don't worry, we all had a first time at the Fort.  You're right- it's all going to work out fine.

Are you renting two golf carts?

If you're not, then I think you might want to be in a preferred loop so you can all get to the MK easily- I'd ask for the 100 loop as my first choice, 200 as second.  

But, if you have two carts, then it doesn't really matter about where you are in the campground.

TCD

Also, as far as the loop info, I'm looking at the full hook up sites.  I would like to be somewhere in the middle of the campground...about halfway to Settlement and half way to outpost.  I would have to look it up, but I'm not sure what the price difference is between full hookup vs preferred?  We will be traveling with my mom and dad (in their 60's), 2 older kids, and one toddler (along with myself, husband, my sister, and her husband).  I'm just trying to get my bearings on what will make it easiest on my parents and the baby.  I'm sure it will all work out...I think it is just the unknown.

We've got a bunch of maps and other loop/site info on this page that might help you get the lay of the land...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

Preferred sites generally run approx. $10 per night more than full hookup (give or take a few dollars), depending on the time of year and weekday vs weekend.  Full hookup sites are fairly close to the Meadows/pool area, while Preferred are closest to the Settlement.

You can find a complete rate chart on the MouseSavers site here...

http://www.mousesavers.com/2015-ft-wilderness-campsites-rates-season-dates/

Well, if you have two carts, then you're all set.   The Fort does look big, but with golf carts, you can get to where you need to go with no trouble.

The full hook up sites are in a good location.  As long as you have the golf carts.

Understand that requesting a loop is just that- only a request.  You could end up in the 1800 or 1900 loops.  Those are not good loops to be in without a golf cart.

TCD

Ok...Y'all forgive me, but I have 2 more questions...

1.  The boat at the Fort Wilderness marina leaves at 6:45...that will also be true for leaving to go to Magic Kingdom, as well as the Contemporary...correct?  And, it is about a 20 minute boat ride to Magic Kingdom...right...so, couldn't I just go to Magic Kingdom instead of Contemporary and walking?

2.  How long is there between boats?  So,  like how long would be the longest possible that I would have to wait?

Ok...just kidding...one more...

3.  If I just allow for at least an hour travel time from my camper to wherever on Disney property...is that realistic?  I have some real slow pokes with me and trying to cover all my basis!!!!  :P

Boat times:

Image2769.jpg

Image2770.jpg

There are two separate boat routes from the dock.

The Resort Boat goes in a circle between the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge and the Fort.  It doesn't go to the MK.

The MK boat goes to the MK, but it does not start running until a half hour before the park opens.

This whole discussion started because you needed to be at the castle for breakfast early.  If you need to be there before the park opens, the resort boat and the long walk is the only way to get there from the Fort.

If you're not in a hurry, the MK boat works fine.  But, even if you're on the first MK boat, you will likely miss the opening show and be behind all the people who got there early for rope drop.

The boats generally arrive and depart at about 20-30 minute intervals.  I have occasionally waited longer, but usually it's less than that between boats.

The hour from you camper to anywhere on property is a pretty good rule of thumb, but depending on timing, it could take longer.  If you are trying to be somewhere at a certain time, you should allow more than an hour, depending on the time of day and how busy a time it is when you're visiting. 

TCD

Time between boats can be anywhere from 10-20 minutes - ish.  Sometimes things go wonky and it could be longer.

If I just allow for at least an hour travel time from my camper to wherever on Disney property...is that realistic?  I have some real slow pokes with me and trying to cover all my basis!!!!  :P

Yes, that should generally be enough time.  Of course your mileage may vary, and while Disney transportation is good, it's not perfect.  Also don't forget walking time depending on where you're going.  For instance, if you have a dinner reservation in World Showcase at Epcot, the walk from the bus to your destination alone could be 30 minutes depending on your pace.

If you absolutely have to be somewhere besides Magic Kingdom at a particular time, I'd tack on another 30 minutes just to be safe.

Are there any other loops that you would recommend and why?

well, if you have reserved Full Hook Up, the only four loops are 1600 - 1900. All four are together off of a spur drive from the main road. We prefer 1900 as it is in the back and just a little quieter. But, the center of the 1900 loop can become a lake in wet seasons.

well, if you have reserved Full Hook Up, the only four loops are 1600 - 1900. All four are together off of a spur drive from the main road. We prefer 1900 as it is in the back and just a little quieter. But, the center of the 1900 loop can become a lake in wet seasons.

See- this is why I think it's dangerous for a newbie to ask for loop recommendations.  You probably like the seclusion and quiet of the 1900 loop, but I don't like how far it is from everything, and I really don't like how swampy it can get, and the steep slopes on the sides of some of the sites.  I would never recommend it to anyone.

TCD

See- this is why I think it's dangerous for a newbie to ask for loop recommendations. You probably like the seclusion and quiet of the 1900 loop, but I don't like how far it is from everything, and I really don't like how swampy it can get, and the steep slopes on the sides of some of the sites. I would never recommend it to anyone.

TCD

you and I think alike. Describe WHAT you want in a loop and then ask which matches, not what is the best loop. The "best" loop is too subjective. I have found that what is best for me usually doesn't match many other folks. Probably why I can almost always get 1900.....

you and I think alike. Describe WHAT you want in a loop and then ask which matches, not what is the best loop

I agree 100%.

One person may love something about a loop that someone else hates about it.

And, I've been placed on loops and sites that I thought I wouldn't like, and ended up loving them.

I've also had certain sites on loops that I like that turned out to be duds.

You have to go and figure it our for yourself.

TCD

Thank you all for your help!

I did call campground and, unless this person was wrong, I think they changed the boats to leaving an hour before park opening instead of 30 minutes prior.  But, your right...I definitely think that going to the Contemporary route would be the best to get to Magic Kingdom!  Which park, generally, takes the longest to get to from the fort?

And, as far as the best loop/site for us, we are looking at a full hook up that will be easy and quick to get to and from, shady/lots of trees, and close to a bath house...9 people getting ready at one time in a camper...not so great...lol!  I looked at the Youtube videos of Loop 1600 and thought it was very nice...just wanted to make sure about the distance getting around the campground, but I feel like I have a better idea now...sounds like you almost can't go wrong and as long as I have 2 golf carts...we should be fine.

Thank you all for your help!

I did call campground and, unless this person was wrong, I think they changed the boats to leaving an hour before park opening instead of 30 minutes prior.  But, your right...I definitely think that going to the Contemporary route would be the best to get to Magic Kingdom!  Which park, generally, takes the longest to get to from the fort?

Oh, so now you're calling the campground?

Do you know that the person who answered your call was in a call center nowhere near the campground and reading his/her answers off of a computer screen?

Good luck with that.

TCD

And, as far as the best loop/site for us, we are looking at a full hook up that will be easy and quick to get to and from, shady/lots of trees, and close to a bath house...9 people getting ready at one time in a camper...not so great...lol!  I looked at the Youtube videos of Loop 1600 and thought it was very nice...just wanted to make sure about the distance getting around the campground, but I feel like I have a better idea now...sounds like you almost can't go wrong and as long as I have 2 golf carts...we should be fine.

One thing I liked about the 1600 loop is that while it is close to the bath house (Disney calls them Comfort Stations) that is between the 1500 loop and the 1600 loop, it isn't too far a walk to the 1900 loop Comfort Station.  The advantage to the 1900 comfort station is that most people near there use the shower in the camper.  OTOH, everyone in the 1500 loop, which is for tents and pop-ups, needs to shower at the comfort station.  If I have time, I walked to the 1900 comfort station, rather than deal with the line for a shower at the 1500.

And TCD is right - you will get much better info here than from calling anyone.

Don't worry about ruffled feathers.  TCD will get over it.  

But honestly, our experience is that if you ask 5 different cast members the same question, you will get 5 different answers. :(  You could make plans based on what the cast member told you, and hope they are right.  Or you can go with the tried and true experience of the members here.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone! I called the campground before I found this website! And, it was the actual campground that I spoke to and she seemed very confident in what she was saying.

We'll let you stay! Ha ha!

I was once told by a CM at the Settlement that the resort boat didn't run until 8. Yeah, he worked near the boat dock. LOL

What Marty said.  :)

we are looking at a full hook up that will be easy and quick to get to and from, shady/lots of trees, and close to a bath house...

The one thing in your list that will probably have the most bearing is the proximity to the bath house.  Most full hookup sites are pretty shady, and easy to get to/from may have more to do with where exactly you are on the loop as much as which loop.

One thing I liked about the 1600 loop is that while it is close to the bath house (Disney calls them Comfort Stations) that is between the 1500 loop and the 1600 loop, it isn't too far a walk to the 1900 loop Comfort Station.

Agreed.

If I were in your shoes and going to put a loop/site request in, I'd probably request 1600 but be sure to mention that most of all you would like to be close to the comfort station due to the size of your party.

That way, if for whatever reason they can't accommodate you in 1600, they can try and get you close to the nearest CS in one of the other loops.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone!  I called the campground before I found this website!  And, it was the actual campground that I spoke to and she seemed very confident in what she was saying.

No worries.

I was just trying to warn you.

I would bet my house that the person you were talking to was not at the campground.  All calls to the "front desk" go to a call center.

Before I knew better, I got plenty of bad information from confident sounding people on the phone.  They are just trying to get rid of you as efficiently as possible so they can get to the next caller.

TCD