Hi guys, my new article in the series I'm writing about Fort Wilderness just came out this morning. This time I'm writing about River Country, Disney's first water park. I'm sure some of you remember it well. I used to love going there when I was a teen. Here's the article if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10944/Loving_the_Great_Outdoors_the_Disney_Way__River_Country_Disneys_First_Water_Park

Nice read, but it is kind of depressing to think of some of those Disney experiences that we or our kids can no longer experience.  But it was a good article and written in an everyman kind of view.  I remember going there with my kids and I still miss it.  I thought that the water tower was from RC but I wasn't sure.  Thanks for clearing that up.  And thanks for the article.

Thanks, guys! I'm thinking of writing about Discovery Island next. The more I keep researching, and I'm only writing a fraction, has me considering writing the book about the Fort more seriously. There's a lot of fascinating stories. I have an interested publisher.

And so you know, I cover some of these things (like the Fort's long gone RailRoad) over on the podcast as well. You can find it at WDWmousenger.com or on iTunes and stitcher.