Where In The World is W...A WBI Family Trip

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love how he is looking at the camera, as if he's saying "look at these two....I don't know what I'm going to do with them."

Hello everyone!   I know I said I wasn't going to do a trip report from our last trip way back in November but I was missing the Disney World this morning and I saw there was some interest in pictures

Time for an update!   We left off with a delicious lunch at Be Our Guest, we had taken advantage of the FP+ and it worked great!   Up next it was time for a big first!   W was going to get his first h

I love how he is looking at the camera, as if he's saying "look at these two....I don't know what I'm going to do with them."

haha exactly.  He did like working the joystick though.

Exactly!  :)

Why yes, W - you do look good! 

The barber shop experience sounds terrific.  :)

I love that picture.

It really was great! 

One thing we learned though was you have to tip with cash, I had to run to the atm.  It seems like they should fix that since they push the MB so much.

12 months. Wow. I can't believe that in 6 short months mine could be sitting like that with little ears on checking himself out in a mirror. But then I remind myself that in 6 short months he's gone from newborn to where he is now. It really does fly. My DD is going to be 9!!! Still not sure how that happened.

It's crazy isn't it!  I can't believe how fast it goes!

WBI

Wow, you are flying through this trip report now!

Great stuff!

Those first haircut photos are awesome.  It's neat that W will always be able to say that he got his first haircut there.

I'm impressed that the CP went our for a little jog, and ended up at Wilderness Lodge.

W does a good job looking at the camera, and he always seems to be getting in to something.  As I'm sure you've found out, once they start walking, the party is over.  It looks like you're going to need to keep a close eye on that one.

TCD

Caught up... wow, SO much fun!!  We did the first hair cut with our little man for his first birthday; the same gentleman cut our son's hair and he was GREAT with him!  My two favorite memories thus far at WDW:  Our son's first haircut and our daughter's trip to the Bippity Boppity Boutique.  Such magical times  :wub:

Thank you everyone for reading along and all the compliments!

Time for a few more updates.

I left off with us going to Epcot but I don't remember all the details at this point so I'll just post away.

IMAG2610.jpg

I can't remember what we did first but our mission was our late lunch ADR at Biergarten.

Like most Fiends we had the late lunch.

IMAG2616.jpg

Yes he stole my fork but don't worry he was careful and didn't have it long.

Soon this beauty arrived.

IMAG2626.jpg

I know you've seen these already in Kelly and Dave's trip reports but I don't think there's ever too many pictures of this beauty.

IMAG2628.jpg

IMAG2633.jpg

After hurting ourselves we had FP for Sorin, Nemo, and something else.

IMAG2638.jpg

Someone was tired at this point but since we had to do rider swap at Sorin it worked out.

IMAG2640.jpg

Well kind of, this was a horrible rider swap.  CP went first and the FP line was horrible.  She said the being alone and in line for so long really made it not enjoyable.

I just checked the time stamp on some pictures I took and it looks like it took her about 40 minutes to ride Sorin with a FP+

As you might guess I decided to skip it.

IMAG2645.jpg

IMAG2649.jpg

After finding Nemo we spent a lot of time looking at the fish and some sea cows.

IMAG2667.jpg

IMAG2674.jpg

IMAG2681.jpg

IMAG2699.jpg

Then we headed back to World Showcase for desert in France then Germany.

IMAG2715.jpg

IMAG2725.jpg

IMAG2734.jpg

IMAG2735.jpg

IMAG2737.jpg

IMAG2739.jpg

IMAG2746.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

Then we caught a bus back to the Fort:

IMAG2752.jpg

WBI

Moving on we're now up to Tuesday, Nov. 25th, W's birthday!  He was the Big One!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it yet but we got rain every day of our trip so far, and Tuesday was no exception.

We headed to Hollywood studios for rope drop and as luck would have it we got poured on before even getting in the park but we ponchoed up and headed in.

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

IMAG2754.jpg

We rushed to TSM and rode with no problem, by the time we were done it quit raining.

So we walked to RR, but it was down so we walked all the way back and decided to do Great Movie Ride.

When we came out it was storming.  We stood with everyone at the exit until I finally made a run for the stroller which was getting soaked.

We decided to make a run to the Commissary, but it was locked up and doesn't open until lunch so we splashed/ran down to our favorite spot the Writers Stop.

This is our go to HS rope drop breakfast spot.

As we were waiting to order an alarm sounded and one worker freaked and went into safety mode.

Evidently it was a tornado alarm but no one else knew that.  The CM ran to the door and told everyone huddling outside to come in then got on the radio and called for what else to do.

Meanwhile we ordered coffee and pastries. lol

Evidently the area manager hadn't heard the alarm but no big deal it was soon off and nothing happed except more rain.  We eventually cut through to the Scifi Dine In and hung out in there to let our little guy run around some.

When it finally slacked up we splashed through the rain and puddles to Muppets Vision.

IMAG2756.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

Once the show started though, W decided he didn't like it so I took him out, where he fell asleep in my arms.

I also realized at this point he lost a shoe inside Muppet Vision.  After the show we looked all over and never found it.

At this point we had enough of HS so we headed out:

My hard working wife, lol don't worry I took over the stroller for her.

DSC00448.jpg

A boat was preparing to leave so we hopped on and were the last guest aboard.

DSC00452.jpg

Even with ponchos and umbrellas we were soaked

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

To get a break from the rain we decided to hitup The Yacht and Beach Club.

In case you don't know when it rains the have towels at the door for guests to dry off as they walk in, nice perk for Deluxe guests and people crashing the resort.

DSC00473.jpg

We got dried off and decided to hit epcot.

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

We headed to Fish and CHips and then Rose & Crown for a pint!

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

IMAG2765.jpg

After our pints we had our first ever (but not last) cronut!

DSC00495.jpg

It was pretty awesome!

After that I think we headed back:

DSC00496.jpg

Notice no shoes, we took the other one off so he didn't look too funny.

DSC00497.jpg

That's it for two morning parks, sorry I don't remember more details.

WBI

I may have posted a picture of a big beer at Biergarten before you, but mine didn't have W in the background.  So you win. 

That cronut looks BIG! 

I like your birthday tshirts. 

Thanks! 

That cronut was actually a pretty good size, I was surprised by how much I liked it.

Thanks we really did a lot of matching shirts this trip, it made for some good pictures I guess.

Love the shirts! And I like W in the onesie. Makes him look more like a baby. Less like a big boy. :)

Did you guys get any special birthday magic from the cast members?

Thanks!

I agree he does look more like a baby in the onesie.

I don't think we got any special treatment that day besides being told happy birthday. Oh well.

And note to self: bring rain cover for stroller. I'm impressed. (Where did I even put that thing?)

Don't be impressed we weren't that prepared, that's actually my poncho, not a cover.  But it did work good and W could look out through the sides that way, only problem was I didn't have a poncho just my broken umbrella, lol.

The worst thing about ponchos though is what to do with them when they are all wet.

Love the matching T-shirts!

Thanks!

WBI

Wow, I was behind and you picked up quickly. 

Awesome first haircut. I think $18 is well worth it. Their regular cuts are good too. I try to time Z to have his there. 

Boooo for all the rain, but y'all made the best of it. 

I like the birthday shirts. 

That cronut was a lot bigger than the one we had. 

Ha! The poncho thing is amazing!! You fooled me! Still impressed. I really was judging myself. In all the times I've been to disney with a stroller, I never thought to bring the rain cover. What kind of mother am I? I feel better now.

lol Yeah don't judge yourself, who thinks to bring a stroller cover.  Want to talk about a fail, we lost our kid's shoe, haha, that was the last time he wore Velcro shoes.

Wow, I was behind and you picked up quickly. 

Awesome first haircut. I think $18 is well worth it. Their regular cuts are good too. I try to time Z to have his there. 

Boooo for all the rain, but y'all made the best of it. 

I like the birthday shirts. 

That cronut was a lot bigger than the one we had. 

Thanks Kelly!  I think we'll try and time W's haircuts there too in the future.

It was a good sized cronut, but it didn't last long between the three of us.

Where did you buy the cronut?

We bought it at the food stand between Canada and the rose garden, sorry I don't remember the name.

Love the matching shirts!

Looks like William was reaching for your beer in one of your pictures. Too cute!

Thanks!

Yes he was reaching for my beer, he wants whatever I'm drinking.  We always laugh when tries to drink our beer or wine but I'm sure a lot of people judge us for that, its not like we let him drink it, it just makes for a good picture sometimes, lol.

Great updates! 

I remember all that rain the week of Thanksgiving- it was bad!  Especially Tuesday.  Y'all did good dodging the rain.

Of course, the TCD gang brought the good weather when we showed up on your loop on Wednesday.

TCD

Thanks!

Yes it was real bad, I'm glad you finally showed up with the good weather.

WBI

Time for another update but first I have to cover some things I forgot.

Here's an Epcot picture from Monday night:

Epcot1.jpg

We had quite a few Fiend encounters this trip, the first was Gotstopitt Jeff!  Sorry Jeff I forgot to bring up that we ran into you on the boat one day and then again later at our site, it was good to meet you and happy birthday!

Also Monday night after we got back from Epcot, we headed over to Cindymac11's site where she was hosting a GG, we got to meet her awesome family, and Mo!  We also got to see the Lou, who I haven't heard from since that day...hmm did I do something wrong Lou?  Thanks again Cindy for having us over and letting W run around your site and trailer (which was very nice by the way) sorry we had to run out of their so quickly but W was getting to his breaking point for the night.

Ok back to Tuesday,

I found this picture we took on our way out of Epcot, haha W looks mad.

Epcot6.jpg

Then after some relaxing at the trailer on good ole Site 822 we headed to Magic Kingdom:

IMAG2779.jpg

IMAG2781.jpg

IMAG2782.jpg

We had some FPs scheduled but honestly this night is a blur, I know we both got to ride 7 dwarfs mine train for the first time, I think we headed there first and found a huge FP line, but it moved fairly quickly.  CP went first and I waited with W:

DSC00508.jpg

IMAG2787.jpg

IMAG2792.jpg

CP loved 7DMT, I was a little underwhelmed.  I mean it's very nicely done but I don't know, I'll leave it at that.

Then we rode the Carousal:

DSC00512.jpg

IMAG2801.jpg

DSC00516.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

IMAG2805.jpg

IMAG2808.jpg

Then we rode the Tea Cups:

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

Then it was on to the Country Bear Jamboree:

IMAG2813.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

IMAG2815.jpg

IMAG2816.jpg

IMAG2819.jpg

Then we FP+ for Pirates, this time W was awake.

At some point CP got this guy, she is a ice cream cookie sandwich pro, I honestly lost count of how many of these she bought this trip.  I can say that the closing of the Main Street Bakery really effected the cookies though, they are much harder and you no longer have a cookie choice, Chocolate chip is the only option.

DSC00541.jpg

Mean while I hit up Casey's for a snack:

DSC00542.jpg

I think this was the night we stood around in the rain under umbrellas waiting on the Castle lighting ceremony, but because of the rain it was canceled.  Can Elsa not get wet?  I mean Goofy used to waterski, what the fort?

On the way out we stopped for some pictures:

DSC00552.jpg

IMAG2851.jpg

Then we hopped a boat to the Fort, did some looping and called it a night.

Up next breakfast at the GF then road trip to Naples.

WBI

I tell you what I'm going to keep this report moving.

Wednesday morning.

Today was the day we head down to my in-laws to spend Thanksgiving with them.  I know you aren't supposed to leave your site unattended but honestly a lot of Fort campers go to the parks all day anyway so who would notice.  We figured out it was easier to just leave our camper at the site locked up with the water off rather than pack it up and take it with us to Naples, where campsites are just as expensive and not near as nice, plus we needed to stay with the family anyway.  So that's what we did.

DSC00555.jpg

But first we had breakfast plans.  Our first trip to Disneyworld together we ate at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, so we had good memories of it and decided to do it again.  We drove over to the GF and walked through the new DVC building:

IMAG2861.jpg

IMAG2864.jpg

It was very nice.

IMAG2866.jpg

His 1 year old birthday overalls, look how rolled up they are.  You know its exactly three months later today and those fit him perfectly now.  Wow

Then we took some pictures in the GF lobby.

IMAG2871.jpg

IMAG2875.jpg

IMAG2877.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

I could never describe a character meal as good at DIT, but he summed it up perfectly in his trip report.  The thought of them always seems good to me, you meet lots of characters with no lines, but the cost sucks and you end up with this anxiety that you'll miss one, you never know when to get food and all my pictures come out blurry.  But I'm sure we'll continue to go now and then so oh well here's some not so good pictures (I'll leave out the worst ones).

DSC00572.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

IMAG2891.jpg

Pooh was the first character of the trip that W warmed up to, before they mostly scared him.  So as he warmed up he kissed Pooh on the nose, it was awesome!  But guess what no picture worked, CP was bummed so she asked a handler if she could try again and sure enough the guy came through and let us meet Pooh again at the end of the meal, that was real nice of him.

IMAG2898.jpg

IMAG2915.jpg

IMAG2926.jpg

Pooh second try:

IMAG2941.jpg

IMAG2942.jpg

Oh well it kind of worked.

IMAG2948.jpg

After stuffing ourselves we look around some more before hitting the road:

IMAG2950.jpg

IMAG2951.jpg

Then we drove 3hrs down to Naples where we had a great Thanksgiving with perfect weather, here's a few random pictures:

W meeting his new cousin:

20141126_153225.jpg

20141127_083102.jpg

Nap time, but check out his new shoes we had to buy since he lost one and his others kept falling off.

20141127_123521.jpg

Papaw:

20141127_171103.jpg

That's it for Naples, we headed back to Disney Friday morning after breakfast.  I'll continue from their in the next update.

WBI