Disney Restaurants that are Worth the Splurge

I appreciate inexpensive meals, but I also believe that some meals are so good that they're "worth" it even though they're expensive. 

My #1 in this category is `Ohana. 

I also think the HDDR is worth it sometimes. It's a great show and good food. Plus, adult beverages add to the value. 

I currently think the Backyard BBQ is worth it to splurge once a year. This is because Z absolutely loves it, and I enjoy seeing him interact and dance. 

We really enjoyed our romantic dinner at Narcoossee's and would dine there again for a special occasion. 

So what meals at Disney do you consider to be worth the splurge? 

Since Narcoossee's put the whole crispy snapper back on the menu, I'd definitely put them on the list (ok I would even without it).

California Grill - especially if you're a sushi fan!

Both of these are even more special if you plan around Wishes! time.

Yachtsman for steak.

Jiko... for anything.

Flying fish for... well, fish.

As buffets go, I'd definitely put Boma on the list, especially if you like to try different things but even if you don't.  Plus it's an excuse to go poke around AKL, which is very cool.

And while it sounds funny, if you're a grown-up in the mood for ice cream, spring $12 for the ice cream martini at L'Artisan des Glaces in the France pavilion at Epcot.  The ice cream alone is amazing, and with a generous shot of your choice of alcohol... YUM!

We liked Artist Point and would eat there again although it might be a while due to all of the other places we haven't tried yet. I will say we liked the Territory Lounge even more as it has a very good appetizer menu with prices that aren't much different from equivalent restaurants around here.

Hands down the best meal I have had was at Narcoosee's. Absolute perfection! It is also the most expensive meal I've had at WDW, ($200+), but I didn't feel like I was getting a bad deal.  Couple of drinks, bottle of wine, 2 appetizers, 2 entree's two desserts, impeccable service, and a great view of the Fireworks.

I've also eaten at California Grill. The experience was fine, but due to the popularity, it felt manufactured and pretentious, not true excellence.

Looks like both Rick and I will be in Orlando on our anniversary on the 24th, I need to start figuring out where dinner will be.

I know the Food and Wine festival (and flower and garden) aren't really restaurants, but spending a day (and a couple hundred bucks) walking around epcot with a drink in hand eating delicious food on a beautiful day, totally worth it. One of my favs.

In my opinion, there are no restaurants on property that are "worth it". In the Disney bubble we enjoy them and we fight over reservations for the opportunity to spend our money there, but if any of them had to compete in the real world, charging what they charge, they wouldn't survive a month.

Womp Womp Womp

I know that, where I am at least, I have spent more on meals than I have at some of the nicer restaurants at Disney and the food was comparable, but the atmosphere at Disney has them beat. Hands down. Maybe I just like that, most of the the time, I take a boat to dinner which, no matter how long the wait, makes any dinner more enjoyable.

In my opinion, there are no restaurants on property that are "worth it". In the Disney bubble we enjoy them and we fight over reservations for the opportunity to spend our money there, but if any of them had to compete in the real world, charging what they charge, they wouldn't survive a month.

For some, I agree, but `Ohana is pretty similar to a Brazilian steakhouse as far as the food you receive, and it's about the same price or even a little less. There are others too. 

Womp Womp Womp

I know that, where I am at least, I have spent more on meals than I have at some of the nicer restaurants at Disney and the food was comparable, but the atmosphere at Disney has them beat. Hands down. Maybe I just like that, most of the the time, I take a boat to dinner which, no matter how long the wait, makes any dinner more enjoyable.

Boats to dinner rock! 

It's not really mainstream Disney, as it's at the Dolphin, but I wholeheartedly recommend Bluezoo for an adults-only seafood dinner. It was just amazing. The service was better than anywhere I've been on property and rivals anywhere I've ever been off property. And the food was really as good as I've ever had anywhere.

Got the Filet, cooked rare, and our table split a bunch of sushi. Couple bottles of a nice Pinot Noir. My wife had the Bison steak, which was also amazing.

Steak was perfect and so was the sushi. Had the homemade fritters for dessert. Yum.

Best part was that they packed the half a bottle of ine we had left in a box with some plastic cups, and we were able to finish it while watching Wishes on the roof deck.

Got the Filet, cooked rare, and our table split a bunch of sushi. Couple bottles of a nice Pinot Noir. My wife had the Bison steak, which was also amazing.

Steak was perfect and so was the sushi. Had the homemade fritters for dessert. Yum.

Best part was that they packed the half a bottle of ine we had left in a box with some plastic cups, and we were able to finish it while watching Wishes on the roof deck.

Sounds like the perfect meal!

Nice! We're eating there for the first time on our anniversary in April.