I think most of us are here because we love Fort Wilderness, but if you were a newbie to this forum, you might not believe that. There are a lot of issues with the Fort, but it's still my favorite place to be. So.... what do you love about the Fort? 

I love....

having a fairly calm and quiet place to escape the craziness of the parks.

taking the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

watching Z catch lizards and play in dirt. 

riding my golf cart to eat dinner at the Settlement. 

watching fireworks on the beach.

putting Z to bed and sitting around a fire with my hubby.

meeting other Fort Fiends! 

What Kelly said!  (minus the Z stuff, unless she'll let me borrow him at Halloween)  8)

Hanging out in the morning with the pups drinking coffee... or trying to before they get so excited to go to the dog park their heads explode.

Looping - especially around the holidays.

Realizing you're out of ice, chucking on your flip flops and jumping in the golf cart to go get more.

Hanging out in a rocking chair on the porch with take out drinks from Crockett's.

Picnics at the beach with a GAG.

Sitting in the sun on the beach.

Quiet mornings walking Brady out on the 300 dog walk.

Wandering around the flower gardens at the Outpost.

Sitting at the Outpost bus stop waiting for a bus to ... pretty much anywhere.

I love...

looping.

watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the beach.

riding the golf cart to the trading post.

waiting for take-out on the rocking chairs at Trails End.

the sound of the boat horn at the marina.

Trails End buffets.

seeing the sign as we drive in.

fireworks on the beach!

What Kelly said!  (minus the Z stuff, unless she'll let me borrow him at Halloween)  B)

Hanging out in the morning with the pups drinking coffee... or trying to before they get so excited to go to the dog park their heads explode.

Looping - especially around the holidays.

Realizing you're out of ice, chucking on your flip flops and jumping in the golf cart to go get more.

Hanging out in a rocking chair on the porch with take out drinks from Crockett's.

Picnics at the beach with a GAG.

Sitting in the sun on the beach.

Quiet mornings walking Brady out on the 300 dog walk.

Wandering around the flower gardens at the Outpost.

Sitting at the Outpost bus stop waiting for a bus to ... pretty much anywhere.

We had so many of the same that I had to edit my post before I submitted so I wouldn't look like a stalker.

Relaxing outside my camper enjoying the view, meeting new folks as they loop, and sipping on an adult beverage while my DW is spending every waking minute in the park(s). I like to call it my "holding down the fort" while she is taking Disney by storm! LOL

I love . . . 

not having to drive to get to really nice restaurants

the cleanliness

the feeling of not camping when we really are

being able to smoke at my site - sitting in a chair - with my own ashtray - and nobody giving me any cr*p about it

the boat horn

watching Wishes from the beach - every night, if I want to

seeing Lou and Gail, Grumpy and Grandma, Gwen and David, and any other fiends we may run upon

the Segway tour

browsing at the Meadow and Settlement Trading Posts

sitting at my site, late at night, looking at the stars

watching a Disney movie at the campfire with no roof over my head

the unbridled happiness I feel just being there.

For us it's a great place to relax and unwind from the hectic rush of the different parks.
I can hop on a cart and loop, sit on the beach and listen to music, or just do whatever it is I want to do at my own pace.

You all have listed some of the same reaons we have. But there is a nostalgia about the fort, the way it feels when you pull in and the guard says welcome home, the kids so excited to get to the trading post, all the memories that have been made there at the fort come rushing back, there's nothing like it. For us it's the only place to stay at Disney!

RV'ers just have a different mentality - ready to help you park your rig, fix something, or share a meal at the drop of a hat.  Couple that with Disney and it is truly something. 

I've never been to another campground where folks will spend so much of their time decorating their sites, carts, etc - just for the enjoyment of others with nothing expected in return. Perhaps a frosty beverage...

The BuckeyeFortFamily loves

- Lou'ooooping on the Golf Cart and looking for Fiends

-doing a playground tour for the BuckeyeFortKids, which requires stopping at every playground at the Fort including an adult beverage for  BuckeyeFortFan and BuckeyeFortMama at Crockett's Tavern 

-enjoying our late afternoon coffee under the awning while the kids play

-being the first family on the dock in the morning to catch the boat

-Hoop Dee Doo, Hoop Dee Doo singing on the day after our HDDR

RV'ers just have a different mentality - ready to help you park your rig, fix something, or share a meal at the drop of a hat. Couple that with Disney and it is truly something.

I've never been to another campground where folks will spend so much of their time decorating their sites, carts, etc - just for the enjoyment of others with nothing expected in return. Perhaps a frosty beverage...

Amen to all that! :)

We love:

- Having a quiet oasis minutes away from any park.

- Sleeping in our own bed at night.  Pulling a great meal out of the freezer.  And cooking with our own utensils and eating off our own plates.

- Showering in our own facilities.

- Quiet time under the awning with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine.

- Looping.

- Seeing Fiends we already know and meeting Fiends we haven't seen before.

The list goes on and on.