DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Is it called a highway overpass by any chance?

Nope. If you don't believe me google world highest hill. Or worlds largest hill.

It's in Poteau Oklahoma. Cavanal Hill It's 1999' feet tall. A mountain is 2000' plus.

Here's a pix of my DW and DD by the sign showing you the way.

image_zpsrzkp1wfy.jpg

I'm late as usual, but it's good to see you back. I understand the disenchantment with Disney.

Love the RV!

Looking forward to more....I was hooked with the first picture of A and R.

Love the salute!  The partial family photopass shot of you guys at DHS is really nice.  And INC looks better than ever, further evidence that Fiend men marry well out of their league (I know I did!). 

We took a more relaxed trip this last time as well, and I agree that it is fun to slow down and check out the shows, look at the details, etc.  But I can still kick up the heels and move through the crowd when those Florida downpours arrive!  Even if we were late to the lunch at ESPN with you and Lou.

Enjoying this unofficial, not really a trip report trip report!

Nope. If you don't believe me google world highest hill. Or worlds largest hill.

It's in Poteau Oklahoma. Cavanal Hill It's 1999' feet tall. A mountain is 2000' plus.

image_zpsrzkp1wfy.jpg

But where is the hill?! 

I must say, you have also married well. And what is the green stuff on the ground in this photo? Seems somewhat familiar. I have a very distant memory of seeing something like that once, soooo looong ago...All I can see now is a blanket of white that has this nasty looking brown crusty stuff all over it near the roads.

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_7131516482.jpeg

I may be in the minority here....but I'm just not nuts about the Osborne Lights.  It was cool to see once, but now it's kind of boring for me.  I guess it's one of those situations where the magic is gone for me.  That sounds so snotty, doesn't it?  There are people in third world countries who have never seen enormous displays of Christmas lights while eating soft pretzels and drinking beer, and here I am complaining that it's boring.  Wow, I feel like a jerk.  

Love the picture of the girls and um yes... you are a jerk ;)   Don't ruin the magic for me, we've pushed our trip back to be there through mid-Nov just so we can see those un-magical lights... those and Mickey's Christmas party at MK (we've never been to that one :) ).

I still own a pair of roller skates. We grew up at the rink. It was actually pretty cheap back then. I think on family night we could all go for $2 and dad gave a us a quarter for the drink and candy machine. We all took skating/dance lessons and everything.  So the skates I still have are dance skates. They are over 30 years old, but they were considered pretty good back in the day.

Dance skates?  That's a whole foreign topic to me.  

Is it called a highway overpass by any chance?

Good one!

Looks like a fun day! 

I love the salute. 

I've never seen the Beauty and the Beast show. That's bad. I need to fix that. 

I'm not sure how that's possible.  It must never be on Josh's itinerary.  

I am speechless. How many times have you been to Disney?

Right?

image_zpsrzkp1wfy.jpg

Mountain.....Hill.....Tomato.....Tomahto......does it really matter?

Sorry for the hijack Dave.

Ok I'm not really. sorry. Lol

Love the pix of Anna saluting. I literally LOL. I understand why it's one of your favorites.

Suck it Putin. She's our now you commie bas%£#d!!!

Preach it, brother!

I can't find any of the selfie stick video's that a guy I know did. He must have taken them off his You Tube. Sorry.

Best Reagrds,

Norm

Well then, that settles it, Norm.  You have to make some stick videos.  

I'm late as usual, but it's good to see you back. I understand the disenchantment with Disney.

Love the RV!

Looking forward to more....I was hooked with the first picture of A and R.

Thanks Betsy!  

Love the salute!  The partial family photopass shot of you guys at DHS is really nice.  And INC looks better than ever, further evidence that Fiend men marry well out of their league (I know I did!). 

We took a more relaxed trip this last time as well, and I agree that it is fun to slow down and check out the shows, look at the details, etc.  But I can still kick up the heels and move through the crowd when those Florida downpours arrive!  Even if we were late to the lunch at ESPN with you and Lou.

Enjoying this unofficial, not really a trip report trip report!

I'm glad you ran that day.  My hunger waits for no one.  

But where is the hill?! 

I must say, you have also married well. And what is the green stuff on the ground in this photo? Seems somewhat familiar. I have a very distant memory of seeing something like that once, soooo looong ago...All I can see now is a blanket of white that has this nasty looking brown crusty stuff all over it near the roads.

Don't worry, Dan.  I bet by July 4th you'll start to see some grass peeking through that snow again.  

Love the picture of the girls and um yes... you are a jerk ;)   Don't ruin the magic for me, we've pushed our trip back to be there through mid-Nov just so we can see those un-magical lights... those and Mickey's Christmas party at MK (we've never been to that one :) ).

Hey, if you've never seen the lights in person you will be awestruck.  I think my problem is that we've been blessed to have been to WDW at Christmas time 5 times or so in the past 8 years.  So I'm not complaining, but the Osborne lights aren't doing it for me anymore.  Now, the castle, on the other hand, never gets old.

I still own a pair of roller skates. We grew up at the rink. It was actually pretty cheap back then. I think on family night we could all go for $2 and dad gave a us a quarter for the drink and candy machine. We all took skating/dance lessons and everything.  So the skates I still have are dance skates. They are over 30 years old, but they were considered pretty good back in the day.

I still have my skates too.  Precision dance skates.  I took lessons for years.

Dave, I so understand your comment about slowing down in the parks.  Just wait 20 more years!  Love the pics, especially the one of Anna saluting.

I salute you for having a reasonable normal sized stroller for Anna.  Good job.

I am very jealous that you got Six Bits as one of your Royal Historians at the Frozen sing-a-long.  I have gone several more times than I would have liked to just hoping that we would get Six Bits.  That show is pretty hard to take after about the third time.

You may not have to much longer to hate on the Osborne Lights.  There are rumors every year that they won't be back.  That rumor is very strong this year, given the closing of so many things in the vicinity of the Streets of America.  Personally, I think they'll be back at least for this year.  But you never know.  So, maybe you should have shown some respect and appreciation.  What's that saying?  You don't know what you got 'til it's gone?

TCD

DSCN4548.JPG

I LOVE it!  She's all American now.  Take THAT, Putin!

Brilliant!!

Ok I feel a little better now, because I haven't either, even though I know the entire show thanks to MouseWorld Radio!  And ditto.

Looks like a fun day! 

I love the salute. 

Brilliant!!

Ok I feel a little better now, because I haven't either, even though I know the entire show thanks to MouseWorld Radio!  And ditto.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you haven't. Especially GaDawgFan, you're a Disney machine.  What else do you do in that park all day long if don't take that show in?

The Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast came to our playhouse and we took the kids.  They were so disappointed it wasn't as good as the show in DHS and I have to say in some respects they are right.  It really is a great show.

Hey, if you've never seen the lights in person you will be awestruck.  I think my problem is that we've been blessed to have been to WDW at Christmas time 5 times or so in the past 8 years.  So I'm not complaining, but the Osborne lights aren't doing it for me anymore.  Now, the castle, on the other hand, never gets old.

I am thinking this would be like the light show on the castle.  The castle is awesome, but you see that projection show enough times and it gets old too!  

Whoa Dave!  I went away for 5 days and you started a trip report and it's already to page 7!

There's so much to comment that I forgot.

Great to have you back!

Great pictures!

Sorry to hear about the bad experience leaving a bad Disney taste with you.

I too wasn't going to do a trip report but somehow got one going, guess I'll have to update it now.

Ready for more.

WBI

I am speechless. How many times have you been to Disney?

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you haven't. Especially GaDawgFan, you're a Disney machine.  What else do you do in that park all day long if don't take that show in?

The Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast came to our playhouse and we took the kids.  They were so disappointed it wasn't as good as the show in DHS and I have to say in some respects they are right.  It really is a great show.

I am thinking this would be like the light show on the castle.  The castle is awesome, but you see that projection show enough times and it gets old too!  

I will fix this next trip. As far as what we do, we usually hit RnR, then TSMM, maybe The Little Mermaid show (you know, Z's girl). We eat something, do Star Tours, maybe the playground and head out. We've done everything else there at some point. We need to hit that show. 

I will fix this next trip. As far as what we do, we usually hit RnR, then TSMM, maybe The Little Mermaid show (you know, Z's girl). We eat something, do Star Tours, maybe the playground and head out. We've done everything else there at some point. We need to hit that show. 

We have some Belle loving girls in our crew,  some "Gaston is the best villain" boys  because he spits of course, and then there is BuckeyeFortFan who turns it all on it's head and claims Gaston is misrepresented and is really the hero and Belle and her crazy Beast are the real villains.  You gotta see this one.

We have some Belle loving girls in our crew, some "Gaston is the best villain" boys because he spits of course, and then there is BuckeyeFortFan who turns it all on it's head and claims Gaston is misrepresented and is really the hero and Belle and her crazy Beast are the real villains. You gotta see this one.

Oh....you mean "Gold digger and the Narcissistic Ass" show? Yes....it is very good.

"You imprisoned my father....I hate you"

"I have a castle."

"Oh....you are so misunderstood. I love you!"

Gaston could do better anyway. Have you seen the racks on the three girls that chase him? Forget about it.

Oh....you mean "Gold digger and the Narcissistic Ass" show? Yes....it is very good.

"I have a castle."

Gaston could do better anyway. Have you seen the racks on the three girls that chase him? Forget about it.

That's what I deal with!

Immediately followed by 2 preteen girls pleading Belle's case.

I still have my skates too.  Precision dance skates.  I took lessons for years.

Dave, I so understand your comment about slowing down in the parks.  Just wait 20 more years!  Love the pics, especially the one of Anna saluting.

I guess there is a world of skate dancing (or dance skating?) that I've never been exposed to.

I salute you for having a reasonable normal sized stroller for Anna.  Good job.

I am very jealous that you got Six Bits as one of your Royal Historians at the Frozen sing-a-long.  I have gone several more times than I would have liked to just hoping that we would get Six Bits.  That show is pretty hard to take after about the third time.

You may not have to much longer to hate on the Osborne Lights.  There are rumors every year that they won't be back.  That rumor is very strong this year, given the closing of so many things in the vicinity of the Streets of America.  Personally, I think they'll be back at least for this year.  But you never know.  So, maybe you should have shown some respect and appreciation.  What's that saying?  You don't know what you got 'til it's gone?

TCD

Luck of the draw....we've seen the Sing Along once, and we got Ben.  

I say good riddance to those lights.  Give us something new, and send those bulbs back to Arkansas. 

Brilliant!!

You have to see it.  You know I complain about a lot at WDW.  A LOT.  But I enjoy that show.  

I thought I did good coming out with my sense of humor in tact after being the token male in a house of three girls/women. You deserve an award having five, with two that appear to be teenagers no less, and still being able to smile in all of those pictures.

Just to clarify....I live with SIX women, and THREE are teenagers.  

And you wonder why I drink.  

Yeah, you've hit it right....the projection show was cool the first time.  Now it SMB.  

Whoa Dave!  I went away for 5 days and you started a trip report and it's already to page 7!

There's so much to comment that I forgot.

Great to have you back!

Great pictures!

Sorry to hear about the bad experience leaving a bad Disney taste with you.

I too wasn't going to do a trip report but somehow got one going, guess I'll have to update it now.

Ready for more.

WBI

I'm glad you pointed out your TR....I had missed it since you hadn't updated since I logged back on.  But it's a good one!  

Has Z even seen Beauty and the Beast (the movie)?  I'm not sure kids these days are that familiar with that movie.  It's getting kind of old! 

We have some Belle loving girls in our crew,  some "Gaston is the best villain" boys  because he spits of course, and then there is BuckeyeFortFan who turns it all on it's head and claims Gaston is misrepresented and is really the hero and Belle and her crazy Beast are the real villains.  You gotta see this one.

Hmmm, I'd love to hear his take on the movie someday......

"I have a castle."

Um.....yeah.  

I actually agree with you, to some degree.  Belle is kind of annoying.  And Gaston clearly could have any of those other girls.  Or all of them.  

And Maurice is just a weirdo.  He really should be institutionalized.  

That's what I deal with!

Immediately followed by 2 preteen girls pleading Belle's case.

Ok, I'm not sure who's side I'm on here.  Y'all are gonna have to work this one out yourselves.

We have some Belle loving girls in our crew, some "Gaston is the best villain" boys because he spits of course, and then there is BuckeyeFortFan who turns it all on it's head and claims Gaston is misrepresented and is really the hero and Belle and her crazy Beast are the real villains. You gotta see this one.

"I have a castle."

Isn't that the very definition of the Stockholm Syndrome?

Okay, let's see if i remember both things I wanted to say.

1) Anna by the soldier - adorable.  

2) When I was 13, i went roller skating almost every weekend.  Well, until my parents found out that some 40 year old there was trying to date me.   :bugeyes:  At the time, I thought they were over reacting by not letting me go back.  :faceplant2:

Isn't that the very definition of the Stockholm Syndrome?

:bellringer:

Okay, let's see if i remember both things I wanted to say.

1) Anna by the soldier - adorable.  

2) When I was 13, i went roller skating almost every weekend.  Well, until my parents found out that some 40 year old there was trying to date me.   :bugeyes:  At the time, I thought they were over reacting by not letting me go back.  :faceplant2:

Uh, yeah.  That would be a bit alarming for a parent.   :dropjaw:

Time for an update.....let's move on to Monday, December 22 and a visit to Epcot!

First off, let me just say this.  Epcot needs a bulldozer.  

Ok, with that out of the way, time to head to the bus.

DSCN4555.JPG

DSCN4556.JPG

Note the direction we are walking.  

Most times when people walk through the settlement in the morning on their way to a park, they are headed to MK.  Or possibly on their way to the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot.  But from our site in 100, the fastest way to the internal buses was to cut through the Settlement to the Settlement Depot.  So that's what we did.

Cute bus pic of Stella.

DSCN4557.JPG 

Our plan for today was simple.  Hit the rides in Future World first, then go to the World Showcase, where we had a late lunch ADR at Biergarten and plans to meet up with the GADawgs.  

I know it's been discussed MANY times on this board already, but FP+ at Epcot is a joke.  These were my selections:

Soarin'

Turtle Talk with Crush

Spaceship Earth

I'm serious.  

As you aren't allowed to select both Soarin and Test Track, you have to pick one of those and then select two more FP's from a list of crap.  Gee, thanks Disney.  

We got there in plenty of time for rope drop....or whatever it is they do at Epcot now.  We got a few pics heading in.

DSCN4558.JPG

Stupid Golf Ball Selfie.....aka Damn Judi Dench over Dave.

DSCN4559.JPG

We didn't waste too much time taking pictures, as there is of course a required plan of action when arriving at Epcot.  We headed straight for Test Track.  Just like 1/2 of the people there.  It seems the only logical plans are to FP Soarin and run to TT, or to FP TT and run to Soarin.  

Stupid.  

Anyways, we hit the standby line for TT and the wait wasn't too terrible.  It was something like 3 or 4 hours later in the morning.  

I think the GM design thing is dumb.  But you have no choice that I'm aware of, so we did it.  

A couple of the girls designed this pink thing.

DSCN4563.JPG

The other girls designed this, apparently in Spanish.

DSCN4562.JPG

I went to the Pontiac school of design and came up with this beauty.

DSCN4561.JPG

Time to ride!  

We are one of those families too big for one TT vehicle.  So Stella and Gwen went in one car.

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7132097200.jpeg

And the rest of us in another, with some poor woman who I don't think was of this land as she kept yelling "Más rápido!  Más rápido!!!"

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7132097590.jpeg

We did, in fact, go más rápido.

Anna loved it!  

Which is the reason it was tolerable for me.  

I still am not a fan of the Tron makeover to that ride.  In fact, I hereby declare it SMB worthy.  

The girls wanted to get pictures with their masterpieces.  

DSCN4564.JPG

DSCN4565.JPG

DSCN4566.JPG

After that it was pretty much time to head to our Soarin FP, so we left the TT side of Future World to trek all the way to the Soarin side, through the jungle of crappy concrete 80's architecture that didn't even look futuristic in 1982.  

Soarin was Soarin.  

Anna loved it.  She kept waving her hands around after the ride and saying "Flying"!  

We also rode Living with the Land (or whatever that boring ride through the greenhouses is called).  I grew up working in greenhouses for weeks at a time every spring.  I don't need my entertainment to be in the form of greenhouses.  But we rode it because we had time to kill before our Prime Time, Tier 1 Fastpass for Turtle Talk with Crush.  

As my foreshadowing lead you to believe, we next had a FP for Turtle Talk with Crush.  

OMG, that was dumb.  

Moving on, it was around this point that the older girls were tired of the lame time old Dad had planned and decided to break off on their own.  

Ok, that's not really what happened.  But we did split up so they could go ride Mission: Space single rider.  INC and I and the two younger kids went to do our DJD fastpass, but the kids were not interested in a History Extravaganza.  I did point out to them that if they missed their DJD fastpass window, they'd never get to ride it as the Standby wait times were posted as something like 7 hours.  Thereabouts.  But they passed anyways.  

DJD is always a feast for the eyes.  

Who knew there were Deliberate Hidden Mickey's in the middle ages?

DSCN4570.JPG

DSCN4569.JPG

Well, I'm sure most of you knew this.  I'm waiting for TCD to now provide a link to one of his trip reports from 2012 where he posted a picture of this Mickey.  But it was news to me.  

Anyways, one thing the Damn Judi Dench History Extravaganza is good for is a nice nap.  

Wake up!

DSCN4571.JPG

Anna did not look too enthused to be riding this.  She is a girl with a need for speed....this was too slow for her.

DSCN4576.JPG

Even a nice bowl of fruit didn't bring a smile to her face.  

DSCN4578.JPG

More 80's crap.  

DSCN4582.JPG

80's ducks.

DSCN4584.JPG

This seems like a good breaking point, as we're about to head into the good part of Epcot where there are lots of opportunities to buy beer and feel up Princesses.  

Yes, that's more foreshadowing.

Stay tuned.