DIT's Very Merry Princess Petting Party

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stella's empty hand is representing your empty wallet after 2 weeks there

I guess this is a Trip Report.   The problem is, I had zero intention of writing one for our last trip.     In fact, I didn't plan on it from even before the trip started, so I didn't take the picture

Let's move on to the World Showcase.     First stop....CANADA!   They sell my favorite coffee here.     I buy Timmy's coffee to brew at home....but at Epcot they only had the fine ground and my Bunn

Two words. Mammary maker.

Also, Anna has wrapped Rapunzels hair around her waist. That's awesome.

I'm just glad she didn't yank the hair off Rapunzel's head.  That would have been a bit embarrassing.  And hilarious.  

College shopping for two of your girls you say?

Been there.  Done that.

I feel for you.

Keep working, Bro.

TCD

The good news is that my oldest will be finished by the time #3 hits college.  Unless she continues for an advanced degree....which knowing her is likely.  Oy.  

Great princess photos!

Thanks!

What has been seen cannot be unseen. Now I will giggle like a schoolgirl or at least Beevis each time I see a Princess Petting Party....

PPP....LOL.  

Why does INC's vegi sandwich look like a Club? 

I wish you luck with the college trips and related activities. I know I reached a point that if someone said FAFSA one more time I was going to wait for them in the parking lot with my truck's engine running. 

Because I posted the wrong picture.....LOL.  I've fixed it.  

FAFSA....why did it have to be FAFSA?  

How are the vegetarian meals at Disney?  

Was it hard giving up dairy? (cheese especially?). The only dairy I'm having trouble giving up is cheese. 

Do you eat any king of vegan chhese? I'm trying to find an alternative for it.

Oh and great pictures  :)  

The vegetarian meals are a mixed bag.  Some are excellent.  Some are not good.  For instance, the Quinoa wrap at the Beach Club SMB.  But some of the black bean burgers are really good.  And the veggie food at Boma was really yummy.  Not to mention the vegan stuff we had at Trails End.  

I don't eat vegan cheese....too processed for us.  I've learned to live without cheese.  Was tough at first, but I'm used to it now and any recent times I've had a bite of it it tastes gross....like on pizza.  I guess tastes change after a time.  You may want to try vegan cheese and see if it suits you....I've heard good things about Field Roast cheeses.  

I love all the pictures because character meet and greets are cute to me, but the Cindy hug... priceless! 

I know....cute huh?  

You know Dave what I see missing in this thread (I will call it a thread because it's not a trip report) is water park fun. You need to do a summer trip to the Fort and do just the water parks. Talk to your family I am sure they will go for it. You can thank me later for the idea.

Great meet n greet pix.

Lunch looked great. It's funny to me that the more I, or should I say the less meat I eat the easier it is to not eat meat. I haven't had beef in about two weeks. and have only had pork once. (Pork loin). And in the last week have only eaten grilled chicken breasts and eggs and eaten no meat two days out of the last seven days.

Plaza steak fries rock almost as much as those Cindy hug pics. :)

I thought that said Pizza steak fries.  I might have to now figure out how to make pizza steak fries.

Love the picture of Gwen with Rapunzel!  (Okay, I love all the pictures!!)

You know Dave what I see missing in this thread (I will call it a thread because it's not a trip report) is water park fun. You need to do a summer trip to the Fort and do just the water parks. Talk to your family I am sure they will go for it. You can thank me later for the idea.

You know....that's actually not a terrible idea.  

But this summer, we are doing Dolly's water park.  

Maybe next year.

Great meet n greet pix.

Lunch looked great. It's funny to me that the more I, or should I say the less meat I eat the easier it is to not eat meat. I haven't had beef in about two weeks. and have only had pork once. (Pork loin). And in the last week have only eaten grilled chicken breasts and eggs and eaten no meat two days out of the last seven days.

Welcome to the dark side.  We have beans.  

Plaza steak fries rock almost as much as those Cindy hug pics. :)

Yes they do!  Thanks!

I thought that said Pizza steak fries.  I might have to now figure out how to make pizza steak fries.

Love the picture of Gwen with Rapunzel!  (Okay, I love all the pictures!!)

Mmmm, pizza fries sound GOOD!

I forgot to mention something important.

We ate at the Plaza two weeks ago.  We were surprised that we were served the same thin crispy fries they've been serving at Casey's rather than steak fries.

We all agreed those are much better anyway, so no big deal.

TCD

Uh huh.  

Sure.  

Had you posted this yesterday....or tomorrow....I may have thrown a fit.  

But not today.  

Wow, once again I am slacking on getting these last couple of updates posted.  Life has been hectic.  And I am conflicted.  I know everyone wants to hear the F Bombs being dropped (well, maybe not the actual F Bombs...but the story behind them).  I haven't decided yet whether I'll go there, or if I will ultimately change the title of this non trip report and leave it on a positive note.  As those of you who have been reading along might have noticed, this was a great trip!  Spoiled by a horrible ending.  But writing this report, and viewing these pictures again, has softened me a bit.  I'm not ready to book another trip, and won't be for quite a while, but I'm in a place now where I can focus on all the great experiences we had as a family.  So, don't be surprised if I don't go into a lot of details on the last evening of the trip.  I may....or I may not.  

In the meantime, I have some comments that I have neglected.

Our first experience at the Plaza was a great one. We both commented on how much we liked the fries, and especially the vegetarian sandwich.

That vegetarian sammich was very tasty....INC had it, and if we go back to the Plaza I think I would get that over the veggie burger.  

The Plaza has a wonderful sugar-free milkshake.

I bet it's good.  It would still make me sick....but maybe less sick.  LOL.

Hmmm, seems like time for a thread hijack.  Good Friday being a day of reflection and all, maybe this thread will rise up again?

Nice try, but the hijack was a failure.  

My first DIT TR I mean infomercial . Having a great time , Need to read others .

NTM

Thanks NTM!  Your name still cracks me up, by the way.  

College shopping? Time goes by too fast.

It goes by way too quickly.  My oldest is wrapping up her first year of college already....I can't believe that.  

Wow, once again I am slacking on getting these last couple of updates posted.  Life has been hectic.  And I am conflicted.  I know everyone wants to hear the F Bombs being dropped (well, maybe not the actual F Bombs...but the story behind them).  I haven't decided yet whether I'll go there, or if I will ultimately change the title of this non trip report and leave it on a positive note.  As those of you who have been reading along might have noticed, this was a great trip!  Spoiled by a horrible ending.  But writing this report, and viewing these pictures again, has softened me a bit.  I'm not ready to book another trip, and won't be for quite a while, but I'm in a place now where I can focus on all the great experiences we had as a family.  So, don't be surprised if I don't go into a lot of details on the last evening of the trip.  I may....or I may not.  

Oh sure, the old bait and switch. Were you a car salesman in a previous life????

Best Regards,

Norm

Oh sure, the old bait and switch. Were you a car salesman in a previous life? :huh:

Best Regards,

Norm

Nope.  And I tell you what.  If I end up not providing enough details, I am happy to provide refunds for whatever you paid to read this.  :D

But don't worry....I just may get into enough of an anti-Mickey mood to blast away yet.  

I'm glad that writing the report has helped to put things in perspective.

I hope that it made you look at the joy on the faces of your daughters, especially Anna. (and I caught a bit of a smile on your grumpy face in a few of the photos too).

You know how fast time flies.  How much more time do you have left where you'll be able to have the whole family together for a trip to the Fort?

And you've got that beautiful new motorhome!

It would be a crying shame for you to wait too long for your next trip.

TCD

I'm glad that writing the report has helped to put things in perspective.

I hope that it made you look at the joy on the faces of your daughters, especially Anna. (and I caught a bit of a smile on your grumpy face in a few of the photos too).

You know how fast time flies.  How much more time do you have left where you'll be able to have the whole family together for a trip to the Fort?

And you've got that beautiful new motorhome!

It would be a crying shame for you to wait too long for your next trip.

TCD

Who are you calling Grumpy?  That's a different Dave.  

Yes, I like that motorhome too and have been looking into it, but my wife keeps saying NO! and she likes her hybrid. I'll keep looking.

Best Regards,

Norm

It was the other way around with us.  Guess who won?

I have a bunch of Festival of Fantasy pictures to post....which will come in the next update.  But first, I wanted to post this gem all by itself.  

This video shows a little bit of one of my favorite things at WDW....those special little moments that you don't expect.  

We were sitting along the curb in Frontierland waiting for the parade, when these guys came and stood right in front of us.  They entertained us for 5 minutes or so, making the wait go by more quickly but more importantly, providing a great memory for the kids.  I recorded just a short snippet....but the tune is unmistakable.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh8L5obhIfc&feature=youtu.be

I seriously thought, okay, so some guys came and stood in front of you and played some music.  Big deal.  This was a charming memory?  

Then I watched the video.  And I want to be there so bad it hurts.  

I feel bad for the families walking right by this and not seeing the amazing charm in just that few minutes of music.  

I'm not ready to book another trip, and won't be for quite a while, but I'm in a place now where I can focus on all the great experiences we had as a family.  So, don't be surprised if I don't go into a lot of details on the last evening of the trip.  I may....or I may not.  

I'm happy to hear that you can now focus on your great experiences.  

But if your experience on the last evening would affect any of us in our upcoming trips, please share.