Disney dining scout worked out really well for me. They notified me that there was one available then I logged onto MDE and booked it.

I'm glad it worked for you!  I'm sure it's working for many people right now.  But any business that profits from Disney's systems is viewed by Disney as being illegal, and they are getting their legal department involved with these companies now. What we are hearing is that companies like that are using bots to do the searching and Disney is cracking down.

I was just passing on a warning, so Fiends don't end up losing money.  :)

You brought up an interesting point about them booking adrs and then canceling them when someone who has paid them to search needs one. I never thought of that!

I suppose they could have a bunch of popular reservations booked already--then when somebody pays them, they release it and quickly tell that person to go book it!   Wow - people will think of everything, won't they?

I suppose they could have a bunch of popular reservations booked already--then when somebody pays them, they release it and quickly tell that person to go book it!   Wow - people will think of everything, won't they?

I'd imagine it would be pretty easy for Disney to figure out that a particular account is booking and canceling a lot of dining reservations. They could be using multiple accounts, but still, with Disney aware these businesses exist, it's possible they have someone looking at just cancellations to try and track this stuff down.

It's one thing if it's a company using bots to track reservation availability, but if they're "business model" is actually booking ADRs and then cancelling to release them, or worse resell them, I'd think Disney will be hot on their trails.

That's along the same lines as the recent changes to the reservation systems to (in part at least) crackdown on similar shenanigans that were going on there.