• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd go for closet space and you can always build or purchase a ladder.

That was our thought on that too... soon, she will be able to get herself in/out and it's just the bed so it's only at night.

You have to remember that RV dealers are not like auto dealers. You can end up at the bottom of the service list, they put their customers first. Some dealers have even been known to refuse warranty

We've made our choice!  We're going with the Jayco White Hawk, model 28DSBH.  The really fun part, is we're having one built for us (CW didn't have the color scheme that I wanted), plus we were able to get it down in price so around $1k difference from the Coachmen.  How cool... not only new, but really REALLY new!   :)

If you've had a dealership order a trailer for you... I have a question.  CW wants a deposit (of course), but I'm thinking that there should be some sort of formal order form and not just emails before we do this.  What am I looking for?

Congratulations!!

I would expect a Dealer Sheet could be created by CW with Model and Type of TT with EVERYTHING you have agreed to (color scheme, cabinets, layout, etc) should be very specific and have it signed by both Buyer and Seller, along with a Deposit receipt stating whether or not deposit is refundable if above options are not met.

The order form listing all the options you ordered as well as interior color. The can send you that via a PDF attachment. Also final price -deposit.

Yes, an order form/dealer sheet listing EVERYTHING!  Year, Make, Model, Options, Colors and most importantly the final cost.  If it's not inwriting they can deny ever agreeing to it.  If the dealer is in GA they can handle tax, title & registration for you - but if out of state you may think about doing it yourself.  I can't stress this enough, get the total cost in writing, 

If you do go with the ProPride, how much are they going to charge you to install it.  It is not a five minute job and they have a right to be paid.  You can buy the hitch from ProPride and have it shipped direct to the dealer so when the trailer comes in they can install it.

If you are financing with them make sure those details are in writing.  You don't want to show up to pick it up and have them pull a fast one....

Oh, congratulations!!

Congrats!!

I hope you don't mind....but I took the liberty of finding your floorplan to share here.  It's nice!

2257-28DSBH.png

Nope.... don't mind at all :)  I'll post pictures of ours in a couple of months, once it comes in and I add those special "us" touches :)   Don't plan on painting this one (even thought I still don't like the wallpaper trim... why do they do this??!), but I will add pillows, pictures, etc...those touches that will make it home away from home  :heart:

Congrats!!

I hope you don't mind....but I took the liberty of finding your floorplan to share here. It's nice!

Don't plan on painting this one (even thought I still don't like the wallpaper trim... why do they do this??!),

Since it is brand new it may peel off pretty easily. Find a discreet corner and try. Or find a trim you like and cover it up.

Nope.... don't mind at all :)  I'll post pictures of ours in a couple of months, once it comes in and I add those special "us" touches :)   Don't plan on painting this one (even thought I still don't like the wallpaper trim... why do they do this??!), but I will add pillows, pictures, etc...those touches that will make it home away from home  :heart:

That's almost the exact floor plan of the 30 foot trailer we had. I really liked it. I miss the pantry space in our current set up. 

Since it is brand new it may peel off pretty easily. Find a discreet corner and try. Or find a trim you like and cover it up.

I've thought about that.  I also wonder (since we are ordering it)... can they just leave it off??

That's almost the exact floor plan of the 30 foot trailer we had. I really liked it. I miss the pantry space in our current set up. 

This one has a lot of storage.  Cannot imagine that we'd use it all but... I also know that the kiddos will only get bigger, which means more/bigger stuff and more food.

Nice floor plan and congratulations. I'm sure y'all will have plenty of enjoyable times and make many memories with it.

Thanks!  I actually took advantage of our old AAA membership and purchased annual passes that we'll use starting in October.  This year we have one trip to the Fort planned, but we'll get 2 (if not 3) in next year :)   Plus, of course, LOTS of local (and cheaper :) ) trips.

Okay... deposit paid (yes, I got everything in writing :) ); order goes to Jayco tomorrow... and now the long, long wait  :waiting2-smiley:

It will go by quicker than you think.

Did you buy close to home, or will you have to travel?

Did you make a hitch decision?

It will go by quicker than you think.

Did you buy close to home, or will you have to travel?

Did you make a hitch decision?

Ended up going with the CW that is about an hour from our house.  A big part of me really wanted to go with the dealership in TN (because negative comments I've heard/read about CW), but the 5 hour drive (each way) was tough to swallow if/when we have warranty repairs needed.  I called around to a couple of other dealers and because they did not sell Jayco, they would not do the warranty work which means that we'd really be forced to go to CW for repairs (if we didn't want to make the 10 hr RT drive), so it didn't make a lot of sense to purchase so far away (CW matched the price of the TN location).   I will say that I did like our salesperson at CW, he's VERY new... but still very nice and kuddos to him for actually following up (amazing how few actually did that).  We had been talking with him on a couple of units for the past 3-4 weeks.   Also, the finance mgr there... he too was very nice.  He was very knowledgeable (on the entire process, including how to properly write up the order for Jayco so that all our requests were noted in writing).  So, praying hard that the coach comes in looking perfect and if we ever do need repairs... that we're blessed with the one service person (haha) at CW who know what he/she is actually doing :)

You and I have talked but for others, yes... the ProPride hitch.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay... this has to be an April Fool's joke.  Keep in mind that we signed the Purchase Agreement and submitted a $2500 deposit check (which CW cashed) back on February 28th.  I received this email, today:

Mrs. Siver,

I just received an update on your ordered Jayco White hawk. When we placed your order they were in the process of switching to 2016 models and they weren’t able to get your 2015 scheduled before the cut off. They are now starting the production of the 2016 models this week but they have completely changed the product and increased the price. I’m still waiting to get the pricing from the Jayco on the 2016 models. I’m truly sorry for the delay and the confusion. I do have a 2015 model available that just came offline and is at one of my locations that has all the options plus an electric tongue jack and electric stabilizing jacks that you ordered with your unit with the exception of the sky light in the kitchen. I will would be able to include these new features that are on this unit at no cost to you if this is something you would consider. If not I have attached the new look and features of the 2016 models and I would be more than happy to work you out an amazing deal on one them. Please review and let me know what you decide. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

You've got to be kidding me!  I knew not to trust CW....