2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You haven't met Brian I take it?   TCD

Mo > WDWMagic   TCD

The 11th and 12th I think are the Night of Joy but the other additional September dates are probably correct.

How crowded were the earlier party dates? Is it possible they were not generating enough money thus the reason for not having them. Guests now have less dates to choose from so more of an urgency to buy tickets early which leads to more sellout dates.

The 1st date has been a sellout for at least the last two years.  But, they change how they define a sell-out, and they may have sold less tickets for the first night.

One oddity this year is the Labor day doesn't come until the last possible day it can- the 7th.  Maybe they gave second thought to having Halloween parties before Labor Day.

TCD

11 and 12 are definitely Night of Joy so its just 1, 4, and 7 that are the oddities

Right - for some reason I keep forgetting that.  :wacko:

One oddity this year is the Labor day doesn't come until the last possible day it can- the 7th.  Maybe they gave second thought to having Halloween parties before Labor Day.

TCD

Ah... that's a good point. 

Nevermind the only date we could do is 11/1.

That's actually a pretty good one in our experience.  We've gone twice on that date in the past 3 years. It's never been super mobbed and, possibly because it's the last party, they give out tons of candy.

Looking over the internal calendar, the first party is listed as the 15th. The others are just 7pm closes.

Could be they didn't want to do the first party until after night of joy to eliminate having to swap decorations out.

That makes sense. It just seems really weird that they're pushing the first party back 2 weeks.  These days it seems like the duration of these kinds of things keeps getting longer, not shorter.

GDF's boyfriend, Josh, reported an interesting rumor about those mysterious 7 pm closings on the September calendar:

According to Disney, the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is September 15th. I’ve talked with over two dozen people with knowledge of the situation and the prevailing opinion is Disney is trying to sell these dates to businesses/organizations for after-hours parties/buy outs. And if they can’t do that, they’ll announce that “due to guest feedback/popularity,” Mickey’s Halloween Party has been added to September 1st, 4th, and 7th. We are strictly in rumor territory with those last two sentences, but the bottom line is that we don’t have anything better to go on than expecting Magic Kingdom to close at 7pm on those three dates in question.

Is there no end to the greed of the idiots in charge?

Source: http://www.easywdw.com/news/the-problem-with-the-september-crowd-calendar/

TCD

Would not surprise me to see them release the dates one at a time.  Be the FIRST to see MNSSHP

add another day  Be the FIRST to see MNSSHP 

add another day  Be the FIRST to see MNSSHP 

Boy that would PMO if I wanted to go to the first party.   As it is I plan on going to the one after the last one. 

• 1 month later...

According to WDW News Today, tickets go on sale tomorrow, 4/8 for both 2015 parties.  I'll post on the MVMCP thread too...

Magic Kingdom Hard-Ticket Party Event Dates and Ticket Prices Announced for 2015

All tickets go on sale tomorrow, 4/8/15:

MICKEY’S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY 2015

• September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, & 27
  • October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
  • November 1

All September dates & 10/1 - $68.00 plus tax age 10+, $63.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $74.00/$69 same-day

October dates & 11/1 - $74.00 plus tax age 10+, $69.00 plus tax age 3-9 in advance, $79/$74.00 same-day

10/31 - $87.00 plus tax age 10+, $82.00 plus tax age 3-9

Passholder Rates available 9/15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27; 10/1, 4, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20; & 11/1 – Rates are $63/$58 plus tax for September nights and 10/1, $70/$65 plus tax for October nights and 11/1.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/04/magic-kingdom-hard-ticket-party-event-dates-and-ticket-prices-announced-for-2015/

Just a reminder for servicemen, since military-discount party tickets are not available in advance, they are always available the day of the party at the gates... even when the party is sold-out that day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, Shannon!

It looks like there are some blockout dates this year for military discount tickets...

Active Duty, Retired, and Permanently Disabled US Military, including members of the U.S. Coast Guard and active members of the National Guard or Reservists, can purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to 5 family members and/or friends for select dates. The tickets may be purchased in person at any theme park ticket window with proper military ID. Discounted tickets are NOT available online, by phone or at MWR/ITT locations.

Military Blackout Dates: Oct 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30 & 31

Some other general info...

Time: All parties are from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 am with Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade at 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and Happy HalloWishes fireworks at 9:30 p.m. Guests may link their special-event tickets in their My Disney Experience accounts. Typically, party-goers can enter the park as early as 4 p.m. on the day of the party using just their party ticket or linked-MagicBands. While Disney does not generally publicize this information, for years it has had an "early entry" policy as a means of staggering the crowd entering the Magic Kingdom on party nights and preventing a backup at the gates at the start of the party. While you are not "technically" guaranteed early entry with your party ticket, to date, we have not heard of a single person with only a party ticket for admittance being turned away after 4 p.m. Wrist bands are distributed at the gate and can also be picked up at the Rose Garden near the castle hub (and other park locations) after 4:00 p.m. During party hours from 7 p.m. to midnight, FASTPASS+ service is not available. The party goes on rain or shine, and there are no refunds for inclement weather.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/wdwparks/annual/mnsshp.shtml#Tickets

• 2 weeks later...