2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You haven't met Brian I take it?   TCD

Mo > WDWMagic   TCD

The 11th and 12th I think are the Night of Joy but the other additional September dates are probably correct.

Thanks for the info, Shannon!

It looks like there are some blockout dates this year for military discount tickets...

Active Duty, Retired, and Permanently Disabled US Military, including members of the U.S. Coast Guard and active members of the National Guard or Reservists, can purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to 5 family members and/or friends for select dates. The tickets may be purchased in person at any theme park ticket window with proper military ID. Discounted tickets are NOT available online, by phone or at MWR/ITT locations.

Military Blackout Dates: Oct 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 30 & 31

According to MilitaryDisneyTips.com, the above dates are the only ones for which DISCOUNTED tickets can be purchased, however, military personnel can purchase tickets for sold-out parties for any date (at full price) except Halloween itself. Not sure the rationale for the policy, but there it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to MilitaryDisneyTips.com, the above dates are the only ones for which DISCOUNTED tickets can be purchased, however, military personnel can purchase tickets for sold-out parties for any date (at full price) except Halloween itself. Not sure the rationale for the policy, but there it is. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's done so they can attend if the just returned from deployment or were just able to get leave and not able to buy tickets earlier.

• 1 month later...

There is a change coming to the MNSSHP this year. The Villains Mix and Mingle show has been replaced with a new show. 

In “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular,” the mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Disney’s “Hocus Pocus” return to the mortal world for one night during the Halloween season. With only a few hours to run amuck, the three sisters decide to use their magic to throw the best, evil Halloween party this side of the graveyard!

With the help of the Disney villains, Winifred, Mary and Sarah gather together sinister shadows, nefarious nightmares and the power of their frightful friends to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion and cast a spell on everyone in the Magic Kingdom Park. “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” features appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent and other great Disney villains, along with dancers, projections and special effects that combine to make this new show a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat.

“Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” will be presented exclusively during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, held select nights at Magic Kingdom Park from September 15 – November 1, 2015.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/new-show-at-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-will-cast-a-spell-on-you/

As long as they don't change the "Boo to you" parade too much I will be happy. I have an almost 4 year old and a 2 year old that watch it almost daily, and know they are going to be seeing it in person this year. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the DIsney Parks Blog...

This year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Magic Kingdom Park debuts September 15 (on select dates through November 1), and a new Happy HalloWishes Premium Dessert Package is part of the fun.

HWDP3690181.jpg HWDP3690182.jpg

This premium offering includes viewing a Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade from the reserved location in the center flag pole area of Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., followed by sweet treats at festively decorated Tomorrowland Terrace where you have a cool view of Cinderella Castle during the Happy HalloWishes Nighttime Spectacular.

HWDP3690183.jpg HWDP3690184.jpg

Tables are laden with goodies such as Halloween-themed chocolate-dipped strawberries, adorable ghost meringues, candy corn panna cotta, peanut butter-chocolate pretzel “witch fingers,” spiced pumpkin cheesecake brownies, peanut butter “spider” whoopie pies, seasonal fruits and cheeses, hot chocolate, signature lemonades and Halloween specialties, and coffee and tea. Little ones will love mummy cupcakes, candy corn cupcakes and “worm and dirt pots.”

Have a toast with family and friends with sparkling cider! And a skull mug filled with candy is your very own trick-or-treat takeaway.

Cost is $69, $39 ages 3 to 11. For reservations visit DisneyWorld.com/DINE or by calling 407-WDW-DINE. The standard Wishes Dessert Party will not take place on nights the premium HalloWishes package is offered.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/08/reservations-open-august-17-for-new-happy-hallowishes-dessert-party-for-2015/

Just looked and this is on the bottom of the information line. 

Tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable.

Sorry

That is technically true, but they don't check IDs when you pass through the gates for the party, and you don't transfer them to your Magic Band, so selling/giving should not be a problem as far as I can tell.

That is technically true, but they don't check IDs when you pass through the gates for the party, and you don't transfer them to your Magic Band, so selling/giving should not be a problem as far as I can tell.

How would they not be associated with a magic band?

How would they not be associated with a magic band?

You can just buy MNSSHP tickets and will be issued physical tickets on plastic cards, like they used to use before MB's.  Those can be linked to a MB, but they don't have to be.  Those plastic cards can be brought to the park and used at the scanners.  As Shannon said, no one checks ID, so anyone in possession of the card can use it.

TCD

You can just buy MNSSHP tickets and will be issued physical tickets on plastic cards, like they used to use before MB's. Those can be linked to a MB, but they don't have to be. Those plastic cards can be brought to the park and used at the scanners. As Shannon said, no one checks ID, so anyone in possession of the card can use it.

TCD

When I bought them it made me associate with a name, but it also gives me the option to print them.

When I bought them it made me associate with a name, but it also gives me the option to print them.

You are referring to an on-line purchase.  If you chose to print the tickets, those papers will be scanned at the park entrance, and can be used by anyone who possesses the paper.

If you buy tickets on-site, then you get the plastic cards, and same deal.

MB's are not required in either case.  But, if you want, you can link those tickets to a MB.

TCD

You are referring to an on-line purchase.  If you chose to print the tickets, those papers will be scanned at the park entrance, and can be used by anyone who possesses the paper.

If you buy tickets on-site, then you get the plastic cards, and same deal.

MB's are not required in either case.  But, if you want, you can link those tickets to a MB.

TCD

Gotcha!

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

When Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for another season of fun at Magic Kingdom Park September 15, guests can pick up an added “treat” – this event exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

SOTMK2015.jpg

In case you’re new to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, SOTMK is an in-park interactive experience that allows guests to team up with Merlin in a quest to defeat Disney villains who are attempting to takeover the park. Guests use special maps to search for villain hideouts throughout the park. When they find one, guests use different spell cards to battle the villains. Guests can begin their quest at the Firehouse on Main Street, U.S.A., and the game (and starter packs) are complimentary with park admission.

This year’s “Minnie Mouse’s Costume Chaos” card features Minnie, and friends Clarabelle Cow and Daisy Duck, dressed as witches. This event-exclusive card will be distributed in addition to the regular SOTMK card packs (meaning you can pick up both while attending the party). Guests must show their party ticket and event wristband in order to get one.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/new-minnie-mouses-costume-chaos-sorcerers-of-the-magic-kingdom-card-to-debut-at-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Our tickets were ordered online and they mailed us the cards. One thing to know about the special parties like MNSSHP and the MVMCP, it includes admission into the Magic Kingdom after 4PM. So you do not have to have a park ticket to get in for the Party as long as you go in after 4PM. We have used this in the past to save a days park admission. 

Schedule info from KennyThePirate...

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 2015 Map and Info

This morning I was emailed the 2015 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Map for Walt Disney World.  It’s not the highest quality, so I wrote out as many details as I could for you as well.

Mickeys-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party-Map
2015 Mickey’s Not So Scary Official Map

Click on an Image for a larger view, but it will still be a little grainy as I haven’t yet been provided the highest quality images.

2015 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Info Entertainment:

Cadaver Dans – Frontierland or Liberty Square areas

• 7:15, 8:00, 9:15, 10:15, 10:50

Celebrate the Magic

• 9:45

Mickey’s Boo to You Halloween Parade

• 8:35, 11:15

Happy Hallowishes

• 10:00

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular

• 8:00, 9:40, 10:20, 12:00am

Monstrous Dance Party – Tomorrowand

• 7:00pm-12:00am

Treat Areas

Adventureland
Jungle Cruise
Enchanted Tiki Room
Pirates of the Caribbean

Frontierland
Splash Mountain
Tom Sawyer Island Dock (featuring Peeps)

Liberty Square
Liberty Square Riverboat

Fantasyland
Peter Pan’s Flight
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid (Featuring Werthers Candy)
Pete’s Silly Sideshow
Trail from Barnstormer to Space Mountain

Tomorrowland
Space Mountain (featuring Ocean Spray Craisins)
Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch’s Great Escape
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress

Merchandise

Emporium – Event Tshirt and MagicBand
Mickey’s Star Traders – Event Tshirt
Box Office Gifts – MagicBand
Frontier Trading Post – Trading pins

Specialty Food

Gaston’s Tavern – Ghost cupcake
Storybook Treats – Candy Corn Softserve Ice Cream
Main Street Bakery – Spider Cupcake and Monster Cupcake

Dining Locations

Main Street USA
Main Street Bakery
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
Casey’s Corner

Adventureland
Aloha Isle

Frontierland
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
Westward Ho

Liberty Square
Sleepy Hollow
Liberty Square Market
Columbia Harbor House

Fantasyland
Pinocchio Village House
The Friar’s Nook
Storybook Treatst
Gaston’s Tavern

Tomorrowland
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe
Cool Ship
The Launching Pad

Attractions
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

Adventureland
Swiss Famiy Treehouse
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
A Pirate’s Adventure

Frontierland
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree

Liberty Square
Haunted Mansion

Fantasyland
it’s a small world
Peter Pan’s Flight
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Enchanted Tales with Belle
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mad Tea Party
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Barnstormer

Tomorrowland
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
Astro Orbitor
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor
Stitch’s Great Escape

Character Locations

Main Street USA
City Hall – Cruella DeVil
Town Square Theater – Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell

Adventureland
Across the Bridge – Tarzan and Friends
Swiss Family Treehouse area – Aladdin and Friends
Magic Carpet meet area – Jafar
Pirates of the Caribbean – Jack Sparrow

Frontierland
Chip n Dale’s meet area – unconfirmed

Liberty Square
Princess Tiana
3 Unknown meet areas marked on map

Fantasyland
Fairytale Garden – Merida
Fairytale Hall – Anna & Elsa, Cinderella & Rapunzel (no Princes)
Behind Carousel – Snow White and Princess Aurora (no Princes)
Fantasyland Wall – 7 Dwarfs
Mad Tea Party – Alice and Friends
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Pooh and Friends
Gaston’s Tavern – Gaston
Ariel’s Grotto – Ariel
Storybook Circus Tent – Jack and Sally
Barnstormer – Goofy
Two other Storybook meets – 2014 was Donald & Daisy, Minnie

Tomorrowland
Next to Carousel of Progress – Buzz & Lotso

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2015/09/08/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2015-map-and-info/

Dumb question, but if I link the MNSSHP to my band, how does the turnstile recognize that I am using that ticket not a regular ticket to get in after 4 but before 7. Thanks

Best Regards,

Norm

There are usually party specific turnstiles set up to look for party tickets for your entry. There will be signs or CMs to direct you to them. Last year when I went they were to the right as you walk up.

There are usually party specific turnstiles set up to look for party tickets for your entry. There will be signs or CMs to direct you to them. Last year when I went they were to the right as you walk up.

Thanks Jason, appreicate the help. So I guess it looks for that ticket and if it isn't on there it won't scan.

Best Regards,

Norm