As a Christmas gift, our daughter and son in law took us on the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom./  It was excellent.  Here are some pictures for those who may be interested:

http://www.disneywildafricatrekphotos.com/Share/NzcyY2Y4YWMtMTQ3My00MGMwLTkyZDUtMjE5MzYzNzZkMWY5fDAxMTgxNTEyMzA=

I first looked at the thumbnails and saw the space between those wooden slats on the rope bridge and thought "no way!" Then I clicked on the picture and see there is rope bridge below the slats. I guess I should have known they wouldn't make it that risky. So now I would totally be ok with it. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Really neat!  Were the pictures part of the package?  

Yes.  They take the pictures and give you the link with an access code.  Then you can download all of the pictures (over 300) or select your favorites, download those, share them on facebook or get a direct link like I used here.

Really neat!  Were the pictures part of the package?  

Yes.  They take the pictures and give you the link with an access code.  Then you can download all of the pictures (over 300) or select your favorites, download those, share them on facebook or get a direct link like I used here.

Oh cool - thanks for sharing!

This is high on my list of things I want to do.  I'm hoping to squeeze it in this fall if the budget allows.

It is really very good.  We did the steam train tour a few weeks prior, and while that was excellent, this was much more memorable.  The food we got on the Savannah was excellent as well. 

It is really very good.  We did the steam train tour a few weeks prior, and while that was excellent, this was much more memorable.  The food we got on the Savannah was excellent as well. 

I was already convinced, but now you've got me fiddling with the budget.  8)

I've been considering this tour. Looks like I'll have to just go ahead and do it. Especially seeing as how I get 50% off right now.

Lucky!!

• 2 weeks later...

What time does trek start? Suitable for seniors? Is it usually sold out way ahead? (Be at the Fort in 2 weeks)

There are various start times.  If I recall correctly, we started around 11AM.  Whether or not it is sold out depends on the time of year.  Often, you can grab a spot on fairly short notice.  There is a decent time spent walking and standing, but as long as you are good with that, it should be no problem for seniors.  The biggest issue would be if anybody is afraid of heights.  If so, you may have an issue walking across the suspension bridge, even with the harness strap attached.  You can look straight down to the ground since there are "missing" boards, and the bridge does sway.  I found it very enjoyable.

FYI - this is what the Disney site says about "accessibility" for the Wild Africa Trek...

Accessibility
  • Must Be Ambulatory
Know Before You Go

View important information including physical requirements, recommended attire and amenities provided.

• WARNING: For your safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure; heart, back or neck problems; motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not participate.
  • Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years of age or older).
  • Participants must be 8 years of age or older and at least 48 inches (122 cm) tall.
  • Participants must be between 45 and 300 lbs with the harness gear on. The safety harnesses used for this experience may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating.
  • You must have physical stamina, comfort with heights, and the surefootedness to negotiate small hills, foliage and unsteady rope bridges on this tour. Guests seeking a less strenuous or wheelchair-accessible trek should contact Wild Africa Trek operations at 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687) for alternative programs.
  • Recommended attire includes shorts or pants and a comfortable shirt. Closed-toe shoes with a back strap or hiking boots are required. No flip-flops will be allowed. Skirts or dresses are not recommended.
  • Complimentary lockers for your belongings will be provided. You will also receive a safety vest and wireless headset so that you can hear your guide at all times. Cameras are allowed as long as they can be securely fastened to the vest.
  • Please arrive on time and allow approximately 10 minutes for the walk from the turnstiles at the front of Disney’s Animal Kingdom park to the Harambe area check-in location.
  • Excursion occurs rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather or lightning.
  • Tour itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
  • You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/wild-africa-trek/