Was you're canoe experience like ours?

The water levels have been higher of late so should make for clear sailing. Although depending on the time of year you may still have to paddle through some green yucky stuff but nothing that would stop you.   

We made the complete circuit last summer. The canal that leads back to the bike barn is full of submerged and floating logs, branches and slime. You can make it thru there but it's a challenge. It's a shame,,because it wouldn't take maintenance very long to clear it out. Oh wait, this is the same Disney that has taken months to refurb the snack bar and redo the castle moat area.

But seriously, it should only take about a week to clear all the crap out and get the water flowing thru there again.

We were able to go up the canal behind 1500 quite a ways, then still take the long way back and be back before our hour was up.

Nope, no private watercraft on any Disney waterways.  While they say it is for liability reasons I'm sure part of it is to be able to rent things.....

We should protest! People can bring their own golf carts and bikes, but Disney rents them. There must be a lot more liability on those then a kayak!

We made the complete circuit last summer. The canal that leads back to the bike barn is full of submerged and floating logs, branches and slime. You can make it thru there but it's a challenge. It's a shame,,because it wouldn't take maintenance very long to clear it out. Oh wait, this is the same Disney that has taken months to refurb the snack bar and redo the castle moat area.

But seriously, it should only take about a week to clear all the crap out and get the water flowing thru there again.

We were able to go up the canal behind 1500 quite a ways, then still take the long way back and be back before our hour was up.

Too bad some of those Boy Scouts can't do it as a service project.

Good relplies. Went toward the main entrance from the barn, hung a left and tried to go under the bridge. The we turned around and only made a it a few hundred feet past the barn until it wasn't fun anymore. I wonder why they don't keep that clear? And the cost was negligible, I want to say ten bucks for two ppl? Not a bad deal for Disney.

And the cost was negligible, I want to say ten bucks for two ppl? Not a bad deal for Disney.

Shhhh, don't tell folks that!

Most of the stuff at the Fort is reasonable.  Probably because we are those poor folks in trailers.

Getting off track, but one of the best deals is the evening wagon rides!

I agree.  Ignore the Hoop De Do as it is a bit pricy, but most stuff is family oriented and $ friendly.

We just rented canoes back in January. There was almost no seaweed and the water levels were nice and high, the only problem was they didn't want us to take the entire loop around. They wanted us to go to the larger canal then turn around and come back. Since I was with a couple of guys we actually went past the point to turn around and was able to come all the way around the other side although there were a few branches and bushes hanging down into the water. I wish they would put in some effort and clean it up, because that is a very nice round trip canoe ride to take.