Talk to me about staying at the Fort and participating in an event.  Im looking at the Wine and Dine half and wonder if the internal buses will still be running at zero dark thirty when the after party concludes.  Any tips from seasoned runners?  Hoping to sign up for others after I get the W & D under my belt.  Thanks!

I ran the Wine and Dine in 2013 (great by the way).  If I recall correctly, they had special transportation schedules from the resorts to cover all of times.  Are you attending the after hours party at Epcot?  If so, you may want to confirm transportation then.  There is plenty of parking at Epcot for the run, and you are bussed to WWoS, so it is easy to drive there as well.

I have run the marathon every year since 2004 and they always contract outside bus services for these events. all the info will be at the front desk when you check in for these events. and again when you pick up your race packet at wide world of sports. (side note I have no idea when my computer switched to bold)

I have driven to the marathons and have taken the bus from the fort and I recommend the bus from the outpost.  On the morning of the race they reroute all vehicle traffic off property and on to 192 for entry back onto property from the main entrance only.  The bus had a more direct route.  Don't take the early buses because you will stand around for over an hour before the race starts.  If your bus fills up at the outpost then it will not stop at the Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary.  It will go directly to the start which is usually at Epcot.  Don't know about the after party bus schedule because all I wanted to do was get some rack time.  If you are going in support of another runner then you can use the monorail to get from Epcot to the MK and back again to cheer on your runner.  Even if you do not run you will still be doing a 5K just walking around.  

I've run marathons there and stayed at the Fort for 5 years. Never had a problem with the buses. Still, for Wine and Dine I like to drive to EPCOT, drop my car, and catch the bus to the starting line. Then after the after-party at EPCOT I also had my car there already.